Taylor wants out of Miami?

TaborJet

from Profootballtalk.com

POSTED 2:59 p.m. EST, March 8, 2005

TAYLOR WANTS OUT OF MIAMI?

A league source tells us that, in the wake of the Miami Dolphins' acquisition of defensive ends Vonnie Holliday and Kevin Carter, Pro Bowl defensive end Jason Taylor soon could be requesting a trade out of Miami.

Taylor, we hear, is miffed by the possibility that he'll be shifted to outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme. Such a change would reducing Taylor's sacks by limiting the number of times that he actually would be rushing the passer.

The fact that Taylor is a prominent member of the "old guard" Dolphins players also could be influencing the burgeoning feud. New coach Nick Saban, we suspect, probably would like to jettison holdover players who are in position to undermine the new regime in the locker room. But Saban surely can't unilaterally dump Taylor with incurring the wrath of the fan base and the local media (whom Saban already has pissed off by clamping down on the flow of information).

So what better way to engineer Taylor's exit than to goad him into asking to be traded? This way, Saban gets what we believe he really wants without (if he's lucky) the P.R. fallout.

If Taylor ends up on the block, the most obvious trade partners are any of the three teams with franchise-tagged running back.

The Seahawks have running Shaun Alexander, and need a replacement of Chike Okeafor. The Bengals have Rudi Johnson, and Justin Smith is entering the final year of his contract. And the Colts have Edgerrin James as part of an offense with far more firepower than the team's defense.

The fact that Dwight Freeney is entrenched as the right-side defensive end in Indy might, on the surface, reduce the Colts' interest in Taylor. However, Taylor moved around a good bit in 2004, and he got half of his sacks from the left side, where he typically was facing the opponents' second best tackle.

Stay tuned. We have a feeling that the situation is going to deteriorate quickly in South Florida.

:lol: Ahhh, I love it when the Dolphins are in turmoil. Jason Taylor might be the best pass-rushing DE in all of football. Wouldn't it be nice to deal Abe to the Cowboy and then scoop up Taylor somehow? Ahhh, dare to dream.

that'd be sweet

Taylor has been on the radio alot lately and he's nott happy with Saban or the direction the team is going but at the same time he absolutely loves Miami and his teammates, so it'd take alot for him to ask for a trade

saban is trying to shed salary and is in a similar position that JJ was in when he got here and wanted Marino OUT

that'd be sweet

Taylor has been on the radio alot lately and he's nott happy with Saban or the direction the team is going but at the same time he absolutely loves Miami and his teammates, so it'd take alot for him to ask for a trade

saban is trying to shed salary and is in a similar position that JJ was in when he got here and wanted Marino OUT

That was a DAMN shame. Huizenga should have let JJ deal Marino to the Steelers and start over. The Fish might have been in the Super Bowl again. IMO, there is NO way that Taylor goes to Indy for James or Seattle for Alexander. Indy already has Freeney, and adding another lightweight DE to that D would actually make it worse. Alexander is a freakish talent, IMO, and not worth Taylor's 15 sacks.

no No NO! Enough already! I was thinking, with Taylor, Carter, Bowens, Chester, Thomas, Seau, and whoever at the other LB, we are going to be freaking strong up front, man. We're not going to the 3-4 right off the bat. So with Taylor and Carter at the Ends with Bowens and Chester to stuff the middle......OOOH!!!!! I'm getting hard just thinking of the possibilities.

Taylor needs to stay put. Please.

no No NO! Enough already! I was thinking, with Taylor, Carter, Bowens, Chester, Thomas, Seau, and whoever at the other LB, we are going to be freaking strong up front, man. We're not going to the 3-4 right off the bat. So with Taylor and Carter at the Ends with Bowens and Chester to stuff the middle......OOOH!!!!! I'm getting hard just thinking of the possibilities.

Taylor needs to stay put. Please.

Dolphins 2005 record: 5-11. Taylor wants out. :lol:

Dolphins 2005 record: 5-11. Taylor wants out. :lol:

You can mark this down.

2005 Fins record

13-3. I guaranfreakintee it! There is NOTHING stopping us next year. Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply delusional. Finally, I'm gonna have a SB to celebrate. Sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, we'll be victorious in Detroit next Feb. (Detroit just doesn't sound right. Why the hell are they still having it in DETROIT??!!).

You can mark this down.

2005 Fins record

13-3. I guaranfreakintee it! There is NOTHING stopping us next year. Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply delusional. Finally, I'm gonna have a SB to celebrate. Sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, we'll be victorious in Detroit next Feb. (Detroit just doesn't sound right. Why the hell are they still having it in DETROIT??!!).

And to clarify one thing....your QB during this twilight zone run is ????

You can mark this down.

2005 Fins record

13-3. I guaranfreakintee it! There is NOTHING stopping us next year. Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply delusional.

I agree. 13 losses, 3 wins.

Another Top Five selection.... :wink:

:lol: Ahhh, I love it when the Dolphins are in turmoil. Jason Taylor might be the best pass-rushing DE in all of football. Wouldn't it be nice to deal Abe to the Cowboy and then scoop up Taylor somehow? Ahhh, dare to dream.

I'm not sure I'd want Taylor. First off, Abe is much younger and secondly, Taylor has never hid his hatred for the Jets or their fans. The feeling is mutual. F Taylor. I hope he gets traded and then blows out his knee. Then I'll record his retirement press conference and watch it over and over again, laughing harder and harder with each tear that vagina cries.

You can mark this down.

2005 Fins record

Cause, I'm in Detroit, and I'm where the party is buckoo.

And the Phins won't sniff .500. Hell, the Lions will have a better record. Sheesh... DW, you need some help, and bad. Maybe cheer for a good team, for a change?

Archived