spidey sense

johnny green balls

something tells me TJ will be a jet next season. i'm probably nuts but in an uncapped year is woody really so concerned about $5 million that he'd risk the entire season on the health of shonn greene who missed half of the biggest game of his life with an injury? got a feeling we're seeing a game of chicken being played out... hope someone flinches.

Well, hopefully your "spidey sense" is out of whack.

There are plenty of RBs that aren't 32 years old that won't require $5 million to run through gigantic holes.

Why the TJ love? I mean, seriously? Sure, his numbers look pretty at the end of the season, but you people watch the games, right? What's so ****ing special about a guy that falls down on contact?

because this team is built to win now. sure MAYBE we can get better value but who cares in an uncapped year? TJ is a locker room leader and voted twice most inspirational jet. not to mention he knows schott's system. don't eff with the chemistry of the #1 rushing O over a couple million in an uncapped year.

we keep jones, leon and greene and add boldin??? with this defense? oh baby!

Well, hopefully your "spidey sense" is out of whack.

There are plenty of RBs that aren't 32 years old that won't require $5 million to run through gigantic holes.

Why the TJ love? I mean, seriously? Sure, his numbers look pretty at the end of the season, but you people watch the games, right? What's so ****ing special about a guy that falls down on contact?

I agree about the whole falls down on contact and you and me can run through some of the holes, but this is not what it is about its about TJ's leadership, and work ethic everone in the organization absolutely loves TJ and respects the **** out of him this will be a big loss in the locker room.

because this team is built to win now. sure MAYBE we can get better value but who cares in an uncapped year? TJ is a locker room leader and voted twice most inspirational jet. not to mention he knows schott's system. don't eff with the chemistry of the #1 rushing O over a couple million in an uncapped year.

That last part sounds awesome. Leon, Greene, and Boldin! Oh, baby! It's the "we keep Jones" part that brings my hard-on to half-mast.

In the past, hasn't Thomas Jones publicly bashed Cedric Benson and Brett Favre? To me, a great leader isn't a guy that throws former team-mates under the bus.

I have no doubt that Jones shows up to work every day, doesn't bitch, and works his ass off. I'm sure Jericho Cotchery does the same thing. We don't need to pay an old guy a ton of money just to "lead".

If Thomas Jones comes back, that means he's getting carries. If Thomas Jones never carries the ball again for this franchise, it will be a happy day indeed for me.

That last part sounds awesome. Leon, Greene, and Boldin! Oh, baby! It's the "we keep Jones" part that brings my hard-on to half-mast.

In the past, hasn't Thomas Jones publicly bashed Cedric Benson and Brett Favre? To me, a great leader isn't a guy that throws former team-mates under the bus.

I have no doubt that Jones shows up to work every day, doesn't bitch, and works his ass off. I'm sure Jericho Cotchery does the same thing. We don't need to pay an old guy a ton of money just to "lead".

If Thomas Jones comes back, that means he's getting carries. If Thomas Jones never carries the ball again for this franchise, it will be a happy day indeed for me.

problem with your plan is we're risking the entire season on the unproven proposition that greene can carry a full nfl load. to save some money in an uncapped year. boo.

Did you seriously just say we are built to WIN NOW? You have got to be kidding me...

I guess sanchez having only 15 years or so left isnt enough...

Who are most important on the Jets??

Revis-24

Mangold 26

Brick 26

Sanchez 23

Greene 24

Scott 29

Cotch 27

Edwards 27

Leonard 27

Brad Smith 26

Just signed a 25 yr old kicker in Folk

Should I keep going...

That is OUR CORE...all under 30

Need I mention we have a 1st year coach who is 46...never knew a coach in his 2nd year in HIS CAREER of coaching had to win a SB...

Leon Hess isnt our owner...We have a younger owner now...Don't think back to the Kotite press conference...

Our GM is young...what can you show me that clarifies we are built to win now?? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME

Your statement of "Built To Win Now"-

FAILS MISERABLY

Did you seriously just say we are built to WIN NOW? You have got to be kidding me...

I guess sanchez having only 15 years or so left isnt enough...

Who are most important on the Jets??

Revis-24

Mangold 26

Brick 26

Sanchez 23

Greene 24

Scott 29

Cotch 27

Edwards 27

Leonard 27

Brad Smith 26

Just signed a 25 yr old kicker in Folk

Should I keep going...

That is OUR CORE...all under 30

Need I mention we have a 1st year coach who is 46...never knew a coach in his 2nd year in HIS CAREER of coaching had to win a SB...

Leon Hess isnt our owner...We have a younger owner now...Don't think back to the Kotite press conference...

Our GM is young...what can you show me that clarifies we are built to win now?? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME

Your statement of "Built To Win Now"-

FAILS MISERABLY

not disagreeing with who is more important but in an uncapped year giving TJ his money doesn't take it from someone else unless woody is being cheap.

and we made the AFC championship this year. damn right we are built to win.

problem with your plan is we're risking the entire season on the unproven proposition that greene can carry a full nfl load. to save some money in an uncapped year. boo.

As opposed to risking the entire season on the legs of a 32-year old?

Huh? AFC championship? hello? we absolutely are contenders this season. don't cheap out in an uncapped year.

Johnny, to me...we arent built to win now...

We went to the AFC Championship game, yes...But...we have the building blocks, the pieces in place to sustain greatness...be contenders for years to come...Vinny T at 35 isnt our QB...We have a young stud QB...this is just the start of SOMETHING BIG...

Think about it...at this time last year, we were coming off a 4-12 season...

Why do people keep saying this team is built to win now? Haven't we been saying that for the past 3 years now?

I'm sure TJ was a great locker room guy but there are plenty of other veterans on the team, especially on that oline, that will move on and get over it. It happens. If they really want a guy that stumbles for 2 yards each run then they can find it cheaper elsewhere.

Johnny, to me...we arent built to win now...

We went to the AFC Championship game, yes...But...we have the building blocks, the pieces in place to sustain greatness...be contenders for years to come...Vinny T at 35 isnt our QB...We have a young stud QB...this is just the start of SOMETHING BIG...

Think about it...at this time last year, we were coming off a 4-12 season...

think we have conflicting opinions on "built to win." i'm saying we're close - do what it takes to get there. doesn't mean blowing our wad. good thing about an uncapped season is we can keep TJ this year with NO SALARY CAP IMPLICATIONS. why not? so woody can save a couple bucks? tell you what, woody better cut ticket prices if he unloads TJ and signs another 30+ y.o. RB for half the price.

Why do people keep saying this team is built to win now? Haven't we been saying that for the past 3 years now?

I'm sure TJ was a great locker room guy but there are plenty of other veterans that will move on and get over it. It happens. If they really want a guy that stumbles for 2 yards each run then they can find it cheaper elsewhere.

see above.

think we have conflicting opinions on "built to win." i'm saying we're close - do what it takes to get there. doesn't mean blowing our wad. good thing about an uncapped season is we can keep TJ this year with NO SALARY CAP IMPLICATIONS. why not? so woody can save a couple bucks? tell you what, woody better cut ticket prices if he unloads TJ and signs another 30+ y.o. RB for half the price.

see above.

Ah...I see your point now...try and stack the team in the uncapped year...Gotcha...

Well maybe, just maybe TRex saw something or new something about Jones that we didnt...

You know Jones is a HUGE guy...JACKED...HGH testing may be coming to the NFL...hmmmmm-LOL

see above.

If TJ wants to come back for cheaper and accept his role as a backup then fine. But if not there is most certainly a younger option out there to replace him and take much better advantage of the oline jets have.

If TJ wants to come back for cheaper and accept his role as a backup then fine. But if not there is most certainly a younger option out there to replace him and take much better advantage of the oline jets have.

I fully agree, except for the first part. That would not be fine.

you're proving my point. this is an uncapped year. there are only two reasons to want TJ gone:

(1) you think we can find someone better. not a better value but more productive without giving up draft picks; or

(2) you care about woody's bank account for some reason.

personally i think TJ's leadership, knowledge of the system and production makes him the best fit available. best value? probably not and in a capped year i'd be all for cutting him but in uncapped year let woody spend his money.

you saying you'll keep TJ for less money doesn't make sense - what do you care if woody spends a little more? NO CAP.

I just caught some game film of Ryan Matthews....the man is BEAST...

I would not mind trading up to get him...the guy looks like a PURE STUD...WOW

I really don't want to trade up for anyone, but if Matthews fell to 29, I'd have absolutely no problem with the pick.

I highly doubt he'd make it past San Diego at 28, however.

I really don't want to trade up for anyone, but if Matthews fell to 29, I'd have absolutely no problem with the pick.

I highly doubt he'd make it past San Diego at 28, however.

I kind of meant jumping in front of San Diego to take him if he were to keep falling...jumping a spot or two...not all the way down to the teens...

then surely you realize keeping jones doesn't "risk the entire season on the legs of a 32 yo" because we'd still have greene.

Do you really think that Thomas Jones is going to accept the role of being second or third fiddle?

Do you really think that Thomas Jones is going to accept the role of being second or third fiddle?

so now that the argument that we could get better value elsewhere was invalidated by the fact this is an uncapped year this is your fallback argument? a completely speculative "argument" that TJ *might* not like a different role?

weak.

If he goes to Houston, one rumored spot...he will have to play behind Slaton...

In Clevland, another rumored spot...they just found Harrison towards the end of the year...

Detroit...they have that young kid Kevin Smith...

Those are the teams I've about showing the most interest...he will have to take a back seat role anywhere he goes...

so now that the argument that we could get better value elsewhere was invalidated by the fact this is an uncapped year this is your fallback argument? a completely speculative "argument" that TJ *might* not like a different role?

weak.

No, my argument has not been invalidated.

You know what my argument is?

I ****ing hate Thomas Jones. I think he's a mediocre, ****ty ****ing football player that doesn't do anything that 95% of the other NFL running backs could not do when running behind our Jesus offensive line. He doesn't make ****-all happen on his own. He goes down on contact. He runs through giant ****ing holes. Whoop-de-doo.

He is EASILY, EASILY replaceable on the field. This is a better football team without him. As for the locker room ****, whatever. It's a sacrafice that I'm willing to make. When Thomas Jones goes and averages 3.5 a pop next year behind a normal offensive line, I bet all the Jets that are upset about us releasing him won't be weeping about it anymore.

No, my argument has not been invalidated.

You know what my argument is?

I ****ing hate Thomas Jones. I think he's a mediocre, ****ty ****ing football player that doesn't do anything that 95% of the other NFL running backs could not do when running behind our Jesus offensive line. He doesn't make ****-all happen on his own. He goes down on contact. He runs through giant ****ing holes. Whoop-de-doo.

He is EASILY, EASILY replaceable on the field. This is a better football team without him. As for the locker room ****, whatever. It's a sacrafice that I'm willing to make. When Thomas Jones goes and averages 3.5 a pop next year behind a normal offensive line, I bet all the Jets that are upset about us releasing him won't be weeping about it anymore.

well there you go, can't argue logic against emotion. guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

well there you go, can't argue logic against emotion. guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I get your logic. Why shake up the locker room when it doesn't matter financially?

In my opinion, we're a better team without him. I care more about the on the field stuff than what happens in the locker room. If Shonn Greene goes beast-mode next season, they'll forget about Thomas Jones real fast.

I get your logic. Why shake up the locker room when it doesn't matter financially?

In my opinion, we're a better team without him. I care more about the on the field stuff than what happens in the locker room. If Shonn Greene goes beast-mode next season, they'll forget about Thomas Jones real fast.

and my point is let shonn go beast mode and if he gets hurt we got TJ in reserve. pats fans forgot all about cassell until brady got hurt. no harm in having a capable backup. hell i hope i forget all about all our backups. wish i forgot about pouha this year.

plus splitting carries keeps em both fresh. but hey, if you hate him you hate him and nothing will ever change that. no matter what he does, you'll just give credit to the offensive line. i wonder if greene has equal numbers next year what you'll say...

and my point is let shonn go beast mode and if he gets hurt we got TJ in reserve. pats fans forgot all about cassell until brady got hurt. no harm in having a capable backup. hell i hope i forget all about all our backups. wish i forgot about pouha this year.

plus splitting carries keeps em both fresh. but hey, if you hate him you hate him and nothing will ever change that. no matter what he does, you'll just give credit to the offensive line. i wonder if greene has equal numbers next year what you'll say...

At 32 years old, Thomas Jones will not be a capable backup. Come on, man, you've been around long enough to know what happens to aging running backs. Remember Curtis Martin? He won the rushing title at 31. The very next year, he sucked something fierce. It happens suddenly. And with Jones barely cracking 3 yards per carry over our last six games, it looks like it's started already with the Dancing Bear.

You want to give Jones the credit? Tell me what he does then. Does he make people miss? Does he run over people? That's a double negatory on those two questions. So what exactly do you want to give him credit for? Every yard is handed to him by his line...he's not getting one by himself.

And, for the record, I thought Pouha was shockingly pretty ****ing great this year.

At 32 years old, Thomas Jones will not be a capable backup. Come on, man, you've been around long enough to know what happens to aging running backs. Remember Curtis Martin? He won the rushing title at 31. The very next year, he sucked something fierce. It happens suddenly. And with Jones barely cracking 3 yards per carry over our last six games, it looks like it's started already with the Dancing Bear.

You want to give Jones the credit? Tell me what he does then. Does he make people miss? Does he run over people? That's a double negatory on those two questions. So what exactly do you want to give him credit for? Every yard is handed to him by his line...he's not getting one by himself.

And, for the record, I thought Pouha was shockingly pretty ****ing great this year.

you've made your points and i understand where you're coming from - you hate him and 1400 yrds and 14 tds is explained away - you make good points about the offensive line as well.

but if we end up with some scrub to replace TJ then this is going to stink like a cheap out money saving move only. and if that's the case that's a sad indictment of woody's desire to win.

I think a lot of people are of the opinion we pick up Jones' carries anywhere - even if Greene goes down. I don't think it will be as easy as many think. Hoping Greene stays healthy all season, but will be surprised if he does. It's all economics and part of the game but I still hold hope TJ's a Jet this year.

Archived