Chad To Re-Sign With Fins...Thank God (we aren't sign him)

SoFlaJets

Chad Pennington expected to return to Miami Dolphins

by Edgar Thompson

With free agency set to kick off in six hours, the Dolphins are expected to re-sign veteran quarterback Chad Pennington, a league source said.

A deal isn

So you feel more confident having Clemens mentor Sanchez??? CP would have been the best mentor we could have gotten for Sanchez...He saw the highs of highs in NY, and the lows of lows...Plus, CP is one of the smartest QB's to ever play the game...He never made that stupid throw(he just couldnt throw)...Im really down on this...

As a UFA, he was never coming here, anyway. For all his flaws, he was one of the better QB's on the market. Someone was going to pay him more than the Jets could've hoped to - if they had any interest in the first place.

So you feel more confident having Clemens mentor Sanchez??? CP would have been the best mentor we could have gotten for Sanchez...He saw the highs of highs in NY, and the lows of lows...Plus, CP is one of the smartest QB's to ever play the game...He never made that stupid throw(he just couldnt throw)...Im really down on this...

Yes, because Chad did such a wonderful job mentoring Kellen Clemens.

I'd really rather not have Chad anywhere near Mark Sanchez. We don't need anyone to teach Mark how to be a huge *****.

I'd really rather not have Chad anywhere near Mark Sanchez. We don't need anyone to teach Mark how to be a huge *****.

You cant knock CP for Clemens...Clemens got his chance that year...and OL was HORRENDOUS...He ended up having happy feet, and I think it still stuck with Clemens to this day...Clemens looked so uneasy in the pocket in his only start this year...

I also think Clemens should be blamed for himself...you cant mentor someone who has no skills at the NFL level...

Sanchez doesn't need a mentor, certainly not CP.

Sanchez has as many playoff victories in 1 year as CP has in 8. Sanchez has also played better than CP in the postseason. Sanchez has also led his team to the AFC Championship game, something Chad hasn't. Sanchez is more physically gifted than CP.

If anything, Sanchez could teach CP a few things.

Well said and I agree with you! IMO Chadwick could be a great backup QB in the Arena League.

Like how to pick up dudes. Say what you will about Rhodes, he's no Laveranues Coles.

It's new year's eve and you guys have Chad on the brain. Srsly let it go.

Sanchez doesn't need a mentor, certainly not CP.

Sanchez has as many playoff victories in 1 year as CP has in 8. Sanchez has also played better than CP in the postseason. Sanchez has also led his team to the AFC Championship game, something Chad hasn't. Sanchez is more physically gifted than CP.

Yeah... all of that. Pennington has absolutely no use to this team and I want him nowhere near Sanchez. All of Chad's most significant traits are all things that Sanchez is the exactly the opposite of, and those also happen to be my favorite things about Sanchez. Lets not do anything to change that. Would it be nice to have a veteran presence for Sanchez? Sure, but that person should by no means be James Chadwick.

At least him staying with the Dolphins gives us even more excuses to continue to hate on the guy (as if we don't already have plenty of good reasons).

Pennington would be a HORRIBLE mentor for Sanchez, they are just too different in makeup and approach. Plus Sanchez is already better than Pennington anyway. I am perfectly happy with the QBs we have. We need no "veteran" backup.

You guys are nuts, CP was not only a great Jet but one of the most cerebral QB's to play the game. Was written off numerous times after his injuries but was the comeback player of the year not once but twice! Hes one tough SOB and gave his heart to this team. With that said, I wanted KC to beat him out in training camp, I wanted Brett Favre to come here, we needed a downfield passer in the worst way and CP wasnt cutting it.

If we even had a shot at signing him (which we wouldnt have since he was a UFA), you have to make that deal. As a mentor to Sanchez he would have been perfect. Who cares about their different styles, he knows, better than any, how to read a defense. And god forbid something would happen to Sanchez, WE HAVE THE BEST D IN THE LEAGUE and who better to "manage the game".

The bottom line, it is a shame we couldn't bring him back to NY.

yea having Pennington as a mentor for Sanchez is a great idea:rolleyes:"hey Mark so it's 3rd and 11, throw the ball outside 7 yards down the field and hope the receiver can stretch out for the 1st down" no thanks. Also, to everyone who says "well he won 11 games 2 years ago", no he didn't the Wildcat offense won the games that gave them the division, Pennington would have led the team to another .500 season w/o Dan Henning's brilliant offense.

Penningtons shoulder just won't die...it's on a machine helping it breathe...but it just wont die.

and what's gonna really suck for you guys is when Chad Pennington wins the starting job over Henne and Thigpen-take it from us-nobody does better or looks more commanding in shorts and sweats than CP...he'll win back that starting job.

and what's gonna really suck for you guys is when Chad Pennington wins the starting job over Henne and Thigpen-take it from us-nobody does better or looks more commanding in shorts and sweats than CP...he'll win back that starting job.

Come on...i fully expext Parcells & company to know Pennington is the ultimate TC quarterback but will not bite and be fooled by the mirage. This staff HAS to know Henne is our quarterback moving forward and he will be under Pennington's tutelage. which i don't mind.

Come on...i fully expext Parcells & company to know Pennington is the ultimate TC quarterback but will not bite and be fooled by the mirage. This staff HAS to know Henne is our quarterback moving forward and he will be under Pennington's tutelage. which i don't mind.

Let's see if you mind it when Henne develops the maddening habit of throwing two yards short of the marker on third down.

I feel confident that Sanchez was picked because the coaches loved his temperament, work ethic and mechanics. He doesn't need a mentor he needs to develop and mature.

The Jets finally have developed a pretty good staff and seem to be developing a team culture. Why would you want to throw an X factor into that especially one that has been so physically limited throughout his playing career?

Chad also doesn't bring much to the table as a back up since he has proven he can't stay upright for very long in case you actually need your backup to play for an extended time.

Archived