Jets Trade with Chargers for CB Cromartie: MERGED

Aten

and whoever said we were going for Brandon Marshall per Scheffter is full of crap

That was me who said that here is the link like I said I dont have insider just going by the headline.

Jets still could make move for Marshall

5:17PM ET

Brandon Marshall | Broncos

Top Email

9705.jpg NFL Insider Adam Schefter with an update on Broncos WR.

Subscribe to Insider for as low as $2.50/month to access the complete rumor in.gif

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tanny is so the man, he is the Jets Brian Cashman only shrewder and working within a salary cap. This frees us up for a number of great moves. When TJ signs elsewhere we'll be able to pick up someone else to help the team.

With our first two picks we can draft best available player and a receiver, or we can trade one of our picks for an established receiver: a first for Marshall or a second for Boldin it just doesn't matter because we are getting crazy good!

I've got my fingers crossed TJ makes a lucrative short term deal sooner then later. If it's good enough we can grab Rolle, or Atogwe, or draft Mays, or let Eric Smith step up and address another need.

That was me who said that here is the link like I said I dont have insider just going by the headline.

Jets still could make move for Marshall

5:17PM ET

Brandon Marshall | Broncos

Top Email

9705.jpg NFL Insider Adam Schefter with an update on Broncos WR.

Subscribe to Insider for as low as $2.50/month to access the complete rumor in.gif

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors

I hope they are talking about the wrong Marshall. I think we should offer a 3rd + a player for Richard Marshall. Use Cromartie as our 3rd CB, and Richard Marshall as our #2.

We will lead the league in INTs and SACKs with coverage like that!!!

Then we just need to draft a RB (from a very deep class) and some D- and O-line depth.

I hope they are talking about the wrong Marshall. I think we should offer a 3rd + a player for Richard Marshall. Use Cromartie as our 3rd CB, and Richard Marshall as our #2.

We will lead the league in INTs and SACKs with coverage like that!!!

Then we just need to draft a RB (from a very deep class) and some D- and O-line depth.

Unfortunatly they have the Pats linked to Richard Marshall.

I agree...I think Cro will be a lot better than the disappointed Jet fans think.....he really is a step up from who we had, and he is still young. For one year to take a shot with Revis on one side and Cromartie on the other seems to make sense to me...sort of like when the Jets grabbed Edwards.....high reward player with problems.....

I am in Brigh****er Farms.....which I think is a made up part of Bay Shore just so people can say they live somewhere other than Bay Shore.

Love the value in getting a starter for a 3rd next year, not thrilled about a very soft Antonio Cromartie. Feels very Lito-ish to me.

But I really chimed in here because I pay for a house where my ex and kids live in Brightwahters Farms. Probably be back there next summer (minus the ex, praise Jesus!). I'm in Islip now.

Awesome - I guess there's no need to play the 2010 season now. From the reaction I'm seeing, apparently everyone has already handed the trophy to the Jets. Sigh

Must you **** on everything?

There's not a single post in this thread that implies that.

Tanny is so the man, he is the Jets Brian Cashman only shrewder and working within a salary cap. This frees us up for a number of great moves. When TJ signs elsewhere we'll be able to pick up someone else to help the team.

With our first two picks we can draft best available player and a receiver, or we can trade one of our picks for an established receiver: a first for Marshall or a second for Boldin it just doesn't matter because we are getting crazy good!

I've got my fingers crossed TJ makes a lucrative short term deal sooner then later. If it's good enough we can grab Rolle, or Atogwe, or draft Mays, or let Eric Smith step up and address another need.

Dolphins | Make five-year offer to Rolle

Thu, 04 Mar 2010 19:41:54 -0800

Ethan Skolnick, of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, reports the Miami Dolphins have made a five-year offer to free-agent FS Antrel Rolle (Cardinals).

Awesome - I guess there's no need to play the 2010 season now. From the reaction I'm seeing, apparently everyone has already handed the trophy to the Jets. Sigh

Jet fans are such whiny bitches.

Any other fanbase would be ecstatic, but not the Jet fans.

25 year old former All Pro with unique ability based on his freakish size/speed ratio to be the teams NUMBER 2 CORNERBACK because the Jets have the best CB in the NFL.

But, the Jet fans find reason to complain.

Love the value in getting a starter for a 3rd next year, not thrilled about a very soft Antonio Cromartie. Feels very Lito-ish to me.

But I really chimed in here because I pay for a house where my ex and kids live in Brightwahters Farms. Probably be back there next summer (minus the ex, praise Jesus!). I'm in Islip now.

I got lucky with a short sale at the right time for the market...it is a nice quiet little area of Bay Shore that I never knew existed. Even thought you are caught between the Southern State and Sunrise there is really no easy way to drive through so the streets are very quiet.

The village down by Main St is really improving too, I grew up on the south shore and that stretch used to look really bad....

25 year old former All Pro with unique ability based on his freakish size/speed ratio to be the teams NUMBER 2 CORNERBACK because the Jets have the best CB in the NFL.

Only one really negative post in the whole thread. Jet fan.

Don't lump everyone in with the negativity. :D

I agree...when you get a deal with so much upside you have to be happy....this seems pretty safe, even at his worst he can be an improvement with big play ability.

Only one really negative post in the whole thread. Jet fan.

Don't lump everyone in with the negativity. :D

well...it is easy to assume...

For Jet fans the glass is neither half full or half empty but smashed on the counter with water all over the floor

I AM ****ING ECSTATIC!!!!!!!!!

If you don't like this move, then what did you want that was better than this for a 2011 3rd Round PICK (conditional 2nd)?!?!??!?!

WOOOOHOOOOOOO

Now take GOlden TaTe with the 1st and then trade up (somehow) and get McCourty if it looks like he'll be gone!!!!!

WOOOHOOOO!!!

Nasty Revartie

Sounds like the cheap champagne we used to get for New Year's in college... Asit Spumanti

I can't wait for the first pick-6, I'll be all like "Yo homieezzzz, that ****zzzzzzzz...

REVARTED!!!"

QBs better not even try to throw into the...

CREVIS!!!

Jet fans who found reason to complain about Rhodes will find plenty of reasons to complain about Cromartie. He made his rep first as being a first round pick, then by having a huge 10 int year in 2007. He's had 5 interceptions total in the two years since, and tackles like a girl. He's more name than production. Chargers gave him away like he gives away sperm.

But he should bolster the secondary, and it costs the Jets nothing this year. If he gets his sh!t together and earns a new contract, it'll be a great move. If we hand the Chargers that 3rd and let Cro go, then it wasn't.

Jet fans who found reason to complain about Rhodes will find plenty of reasons to complain about Cromartie. He made his rep first as being a first round pick, then by having a huge 10 int year in 2007. He's had 5 interceptions total in the two years since, and tackles like a girl. He's more name than production. Chargers gave him away like he gives away sperm.

But he should bolster the secondary, and it costs the Jets nothing this year. If he gets his sh!t together and earns a new contract, it'll be a great move. If we hand the Chargers that 3rd and let Cro go, then it wasn't.

there is a 3rd option, Jets make a Super Bowl appearance and let him go....I think shoring up the secondary for one year with results would be worth a 3rd.

Not saying that is a forgone conclusion...but it is a possible outcome

Nasty Revartie

Sounds like the cheap champagne we used to get for New Year's in college... Asit Spumanti

I can't wait for the first pick-6, I'll be all like "Yo homieezzzz, that ****zzzzzzzz...

REVARTED!!!"

QBs better not even try to throw into the...

CREVIS!!!

If we're really lucky, none of those names will stick.

there is a 3rd option, Jets make a Super Bowl appearance and let him go....I think shoring up the secondary for one year with results would be worth a 3rd.

Not saying that is a forgone conclusion...but it is a possible outcome

Being that the compensation is rumored to being tied to the Jets performance, that would cost a 2nd, most likely. You give up a two, you want to get more than one year back. I have no idea what next offseason is going to look like with the potential lockout, but maybe the Jets do.

I like the fact that the Jets don't have to take a CB in the first two rounds this year. They still might, though.

Being that the compensation is rumored to being tied to the Jets performance, that would cost a 2nd, most likely. You give up a two, you want to get more than one year back. I have no idea what next offseason is going to look like with the potential lockout, but maybe the Jets do.

I like the fact that the Jets don't have to take a CB in the first two rounds this year. They still might, though.

as a Jet fan I would trade a 2nd for a piece in a Superbowl championship............

of course, now we all know they are doomed.

as a Jet fan I would trade a 2nd for a piece in a Superbowl championship..........

Gee, I don't know. That would change the whole dynamic of being a Jet fan. I may not like it. :P

Jets lacked the offense to go further last year. If this move frees them up to go after a top flight WR in the draft, then we're really on the right track.

Adam Schein: "cromartie was a star when wade phillips was the coordinator in sd. he will thrive with rex."

WTF

Schein is retarded. 2006 was Phillips' last year as DC at San Diego, and that was Cromartie's rookie year in which he basically did nothing outside of special teams and a little CB play.

Ehhhhhhh, (that's my old man squeaky "Ehhhhhhh"), I give corners a lot more slack than I do safeties, if only because finding a really good man-coverage corner is so hard to do. If they can tackle at all, it's a plus. But a safety has no excuse. Plus, they're involved in so many more plays in the middle of the field that having a safety that won't hit is like having a middle linebacker that won't hit. In sum, Rhodes isn't worth keeping here if he's not going to intimidate, whereas I could care less if Cromarties ever sticks his head into a pulling guard trying to make a play as long as he can keep his receiver from lighting him up.

Gee, I don't know. That would change the whole dynamic of being a Jet fan. I may not like it. :P

Jets lacked the offense to go further last year. If this move frees them up to go after a top flight WR in the draft, then we're really on the right track.

I don't know if I agree with you there...the biggest glaring deficiency in the AFC game was lack of quality DBs.

The offense was humming, the idea though that they are free to improve the offense is a nice little plus.

WTF

Schein is retarded. 2006 was Phillips' last year as DC at San Diego, and that was Cromartie's rookie year in which he basically did nothing outside of special teams and a little CB play.

Are you from the Cuse? Remember when Schein was the afternoon drive guy on the local sports station and all he ever had to do was bash Paul Pasqualoni? Two years later he was doing overights on the FAN and now he's an alleged "NFL Insider." Just goes to show you how valueless the term "Insider" is.

nt94vEwBzv0

No matter how good or bad he turns out to be he is going to be a punk did you see him push #32 away from him as he crossed the endzone so he can celebrate by himself this things will drive me crazy but I hope I see 3 or 4 of those next year.

Ehhhhhhh, (that's my old man squeaky "Ehhhhhhh"), I give corners a lot more slack than I do safeties, if only because finding a really good man-coverage corner is so hard to do. If they can tackle at all, it's a plus. But a safety has no excuse. Plus, they're involved in so many more plays in the middle of the field that having a safety that won't hit is like having a middle linebacker that won't hit. In sum, Rhodes isn't worth keeping here if he's not going to intimidate, whereas I could care less if Cromarties ever sticks his head into a pulling guard trying to make a play as long as he can keep his receiver from lighting him up.

This.

I don't know if I agree with you there...the biggest glaring deficiency in the AFC game was lack of quality DBs.

The offense was humming, the idea though that they are free to improve the offense is a nice little plus.

Can't get hung up on the last game in the playoffs. That's how Jet GM's wind up drafting kickers in the second round. Jets passing dee was #1 last year, the passing offense was #31. Sanchez's improvement will go a long way towards getting that on the right track, but a high end WR wouldn't hurt, either.

No matter how good or bad he turns out to be he is going to be a punk did you see him push #32 away from him as he crossed the endzone so he can celebrate by himself this things will drive me crazy but I hope I see 3 or 4 of those next year.

Yeah, that totally pissed me off.

This team needs more Mangini Guys.

I didn't see a push anywhere...and even if he did, he can push as much as he wants if he is scoring touchdowns.

Archived