Jets Trade with Chargers for CB Cromartie: MERGED

Aten

Stupid counts as a learning disability?

I could care lees what his GPA was at school, the only thing that matters here to us is CAN HE PLAY FOOTBALL? A lot of 'us' didn't do real good at school but we use what the Big Guy Upstairs gave us to get by in this world. Hell if I couldn't play guitar, sing and be able to remember song lyrics I'd be on the mediums holding a misspelled cardboard sign saying Will Work For Food

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FSU too? They didn't graduate him through because they are crappy, they graduated him through because he can play.

By the time he got to FSU it was too late.

DLJ brought up the problem with FSU academics, but schools with bigtime athletic departments don't act like remedial institutions to teach these athletes things they should have learned in grade school.

They send the athletes to tutors who can help them pass tests to remain academically eligible, but they don't teach them.

Damn, I swear I remember that a few years (10?) there was a professional football player who learned how to read when he was in the NFL. That news only came out after he retired.

I could care lees what his GPA was at school, the only thing that matters here to us is CAN HE PLAY FOOTBALL? A lot of 'us' didn't do real good at school but we use what the Big Guy Upstairs gave us to get by in this world. Hell if I couldn't play guitar, sing and be able to remember song lyrics I'd be on the mediums holding a misspelled cardboard sign saying Will Work For Food

In fairness, the sign would say "Wil werk 4 fud."

I know all that matters to us is "can he play football." I just find it funny is all.

DLJ brought up the problem with FSU academics, but schools with bigtime athletic departments don't act like remedial institutions to teach these athletes things they should have learned in grade school.

They send the athletes to tutors who can help them pass tests to remain academically eligible, but they don't teach them.

Damn, I swear I remember that a few years (10?) there was a professional football player who learned how to read when he was in the NFL. That news only came out after he retired.

Dexter Manley. Great football player.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1077/is_n12_v44/ai_8010811/

Fair enough point, but you can't tell me tutoring specific to classes and tests is enough to keep a guy with a 4th grade reading level or complete illiterate like Manley academically eligible. It's flat out cheating or looking the other way.

Dexter Manley - DE

Played from 1981 to 1991 for:

• Washington Redskins
  • Phoenix Cardinals
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Ended his Football career with the CFL's Ottawa Rough Riders in 1994.

The man was illiterate from his days in Middle School.

Just recently got a 6th grade reading level.

God he's dumb."I WOOD like to thank..."

Let's just hope he can intercept passes better than he can write ( or read for that matter- There was a report that when he was @ FSU he had difficulty reading SMH ****. I just hope the Playbook isnt overwhelming for him to read & understand).

Chris Johnson is way dumber though. His tweets ( & Speech) is incoherent babble.

CJ is FAR from a brilliant guy, but he's not near Cromartie's league. CJ has never been good in an interview setting, mostly because he's very self-conscious of his tick/twitch. And that's due to a surgery he had on his neck a few years back. I went to school with CJ, and like I said....I won't try to claim he's extremely intelligent...far from. However, dumber than Cromartie? Not even close.

CJ is FAR from a brilliant guy, but he's not near Cromartie's league. CJ has never been good in an interview setting, mostly because he's very self-conscious of his tick/twitch. And that's due to a surgery he had on his neck a few years back. I went to school with CJ, and like I said....I won't try to claim he's extremely intelligent...far from. However, dumber than Cromartie? Not even close.

Chris Johnson is dumb as sh!t. Neck twitch or whatever else aside.

Reading his twitter page is like reading something a functionally retarded person writes.

Fair enough point, but you can't tell me tutoring specific to classes and tests is enough to keep a guy with a 4th grade reading level or complete illiterate like Manley academically eligible. It's flat out cheating or looking the other way.

This isn't really true. Even the dumbest of human minds is still pretty amazing. Brute force memorization can conterfeit for actually learning almost anything. Michael Oher couldn't actually read until he was in college, but he had memorized enough words that he was able to fake it that far. Cromartie only needs to know cover, that, and guy.

Let's just leave it as they are both dumb as rocks. I heard him on a phone interview on NFL Network -- guy barely knows how to formulate a sentence. They are both in each other's league when it comes to stupidity.

This isn't really true. Even the dumbest of human minds is still pretty amazing. Brute force memorization can conterfeit for actually learning almost anything. Michael Oher couldn't actually read until he was in college, but he had memorized enough words that he was able to fake it that far. Cromartie only needs to know cover, that, and guy.

What the hell is reading other than memorizing words? I don't believe a tutor could get a 4th grader to pass a college level test even if they knew the questions and answers. They probably do know the questions and answers, but that's a different issue. How could a tutor make a guy that can't read the questions formulate and write a correct answer?

What the hell is reading other than memorizing words?

If you're actually interested in the answer I'm sure you can find it on wikipedia. I'm not going to try to explain abstract thought to somebody who just wants to argue.

Simply put.... if CRO was in the draft THIS year (let's not even say next year), would he be taken by #61 overall or 93 overall? You bet your ASS he would. so even if this elevates to a 2nd rounder, its a STEAL (because then it means he played a ton)

Simply put.... if CRO was in the draft THIS year (let's not even say next year), would he be taken by #61 overall or 93 overall? You bet your ASS he would. so even if this elevates to a 2nd rounder, its a STEAL (because then it means he played a ton)

Well said -- GREAT move by Tanny. Opens us up for BAP, and in a draft such as this that's a great thing.

Is there any leak on the escalators?

The link I read seemed to link it to playing time and the Jets performance rather than Cromartie's play. Papers are usually all over the map with those things when the trade is first made.

DIZ IZ AN OUTRAGE. DIS DAHKIE CROMAHTEE THINK HE CAN JUST GO AROUND KNOCKIN UP BRAWDS WITHOUT MARRYING DEM?!! WHO DOES HE THINK HE IZ?!! TAWMMY ****ING BRADY INVENTED THAT! NO ONE DENIES THIS!!! IT'S NOT QUANTITY CROMAHTEE ITZ QUALITY, TAWMMY AT LEAST HAD THE TASTE TO RUIN AN ACTRESSES BODY WITH HIS PENIS OF CHAMPIONS. THAT PENIS HAS 3 RINGS, 3!!! - Resident Boston fan.

I love the addition of the 5 different States.

As if it would somehow be ok if they were all in the same State.

If it was the same state it might be easier for Cro to resolve the child support issues.

Just put the kids & baby mamas in the same house Jersey Shore style and film a reality TV show.

Archived