Jets Trade with Chargers for CB Cromartie: MERGED

Aten

This is awesome now all Mr. T has to do is trade Karri for a 3rd round pick and sign Atogwe and draft either an elite pass rusher or a slot WR like Tate.

On another note does anyone have ESPN insider Schefter is reporting the Jets will go after Brandon Marshall on the ESPN NFL rumors blog.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, not really.

The 2 QBs Smith gave up (Eli and Brees) have won SBs while the QB of Smith's choice (Rivers) has not.

Good point on the QB's, though you could argue that Archie Manning forced his hand on the Eli deal by simply refusing to play there and Rivers was drafted in the first place because Brees was actually pretty terrible in 2003 (11td's, 15 picks). It wasn't until Rivers was already on the roster that Brees had his first huge season and became THE "Drew Brees."

But that's besides the point. All GM's screw up. What would be your opinion about the price, though. I'm a little shocked they didn't hold out for a pick THIS year, at the least. And a conditional 2nd? Strikes me as low.

Either way, it will be really interesting to see if Rex can turn him around. I'm pretty confident he can.

This is awesome now all Mr. T has to do is trade Karri for a 3rd round pick and sign Atogwe and draft either an elite pass rusher or a slot WR like Tate.

On another note does anyone have ESPN insider Schefter is reporting the Jets will go after Brandon Marshall on the ESPN NFL rumors blog.

Tannenbaun is playing Madden right now with these moves. :)

the JETS probably have the best Corner Duo in the NFL.

A shutdown corner & a ballhawk.

PEACE OUT TOM BRADY! Thank you come again!

If Welker ever gets healthy next year Revis will cover him with Cromartie on Moss Cro has the size and speed to hang with Randy deep, freeing up Revis to cover the better of the 2 WR's IMO if he ever gets healthy.

Thought 1: Not a big fan of Cromartie

Thought 2: He is an upgrade from Lito

Thought 3: Despite not being a big fan of his, he is better than any CB you can realistically expect to get in the 3rd round of the 2011 (or any) draft.

Thought 4: Mike T is the man and has freed up our draft board.

Thought 5: Mike T rocks.

Thought 6: I'm jizzing uncontrollably

I would give up our first right now for Marshall, we're using one of our first 2 picks on a receiver anyway and won't get anyone near his talent level. If we could get him to behave himself it's scary how much better we can be given we where already only 30 minuets away from a SB.

He's an upgrade over Lito and if he can ever round back into his 2007 form, we have a steal.

Plus, Peyton Manning LOVES throwing to him.

After the Jets AFC championship game, I'm sure Tanny popped in the tape of Cro picking of Manning three times, and said "this is our guy." I'm jacked about this deal.

I like that they're saying, 'he's not elite'.

Well no ****. He's also not covering teams #1 WR, ever.

Agreed.

I also so saw some "Jets D is gonna be sick!"

I suppose these football fans thought our D was just mediocre last year. :rolleyes:

Soo i've been in the anatomy lab for the past, well a lot of hours, I had my Pats fan buddy open the door, say you guys got cromartie for nothing, said **** you, hung his head and left.... Now I have two things to celebrate tomorrow.

Mike T may end up going down as one of those GMs you hear about 20 years later when you're talking about the 2010+ Jets.

Also, love how we are now opened up to take the BPA...absolutely stoked about this.

Also, love how we are now opened up to take the BPA...absolutely stoked about this.

That's a great point, and in my elation, I hadn't thought of that yet.

Now all those dumbass mocks that have us taking WRs will have some merit!

He's an upgrade over Lito and if he can ever round back into his 2007 form, we have a steal.

Plus, Peyton Manning LOVES throwing to him.

Even with his head halfway up his azz he's an upgrade over Shepard.

Putting my trust in Rex that he's fully aware Cromartie can make Rhodes look like Ronnie Lott when he's unenthusiastic. And that he's got a plan to turn that around.

It works for the Jets in a few different ways...

Cromartie is now a number 2 CB which should improve his numbers. He will play more man coverage, he needs to play for a new contract as bad as any player with about 4,000 kids would and it frees up the Jets ability to draft less on need and more on talent.

Conditional picks are always looked at favorably. If it costs the Jets a 2nd rounder that means the trade worked out well for NY. We should hope it comes to that.

May also free up moving Rhodes and living with the group we have at safety, unless the Jets can pry one away from another team.

Even at the level Cromartie played last year he is an upgrade over what we had last year.

I don't know if it is about smarts as much as about the situation.....

Some people may say the same thing if the Jets trade Rhodes for a 3rd rounder or something like that.

Talented players wear out their welcome all the time, especially when they are looking for big money.

Even with his head halfway up his azz he's an upgrade over Shepard.

Putting my trust in Rex that he's fully aware Cromartie can make Rhodes look like Ronnie Lott when he's unenthusiastic. And that he's got a plan to turn that around.

I think our current plan is to never let the opposing team complete a pass. If they do, with Rhodes and Cromartie back there pantomiming, we're pretty much ****ed.

I think our current plan is to never let the opposing team complete a pass. If they do, with Rhodes and Cromartie back there pantomiming, we're pretty much ****ed.

we still need somebody who can sack the QB w/o having to blitz, blitz, and blitz...How nice would it be to see us have a guy who could do what John Abraham was able to do for us when we first got him?

Twin Toreadors.

Hopefully one will be permanently inspired and the other sent packing.

Don't the patsies need a safety?

It works for the Jets in a few different ways...

Cromartie is now a number 2 CB which should improve his numbers. He will play more man coverage,

I think he will succeed much more in man than in zone, and especially under Rex.

BTW I'm from Bay Shore, hey neighbor!!

ESPN broke into the college BBall game and said it is done. Nice value for 2011, when there may not even be a season. :)

That said picking up a CB now, with the talent he has, definitely changes the game plan for the 1st round pick.

Give me Tate!

TATE! I'm with you all the way. Would love to see what he could do in this offense. On the other hand, it's also really tempting to imagine how crazy this "D" could be if we draft a legit pass rusher.

I think he will succeed much more in man than in zone, and especially under Rex.

BTW I'm from Bay Shore, hey neighbor!!

I agree...I think Cro will be a lot better than the disappointed Jet fans think.....he really is a step up from who we had, and he is still young. For one year to take a shot with Revis on one side and Cromartie on the other seems to make sense to me...sort of like when the Jets grabbed Edwards.....high reward player with problems.....

I am in Brigh****er Farms.....which I think is a made up part of Bay Shore just so people can say they live somewhere other than Bay Shore.

we still need somebody who can sack the QB w/o having to blitz, blitz, and blitz...How nice would it be to see us have a guy who could do what John Abraham was able to do for us when we first got him?

Well, we're a 3-4, so unless we get Bruce Smith reincarnated, it's not going to be very often that we get sacks without blitzing.

I agree...I think Cro will be a lot better than the disappointed Jet fans think.....he really is a step up from who we had, and he is still young. For one year to take a shot with Revis on one side and Cromartie on the other seems to make sense to me...sort of like when the Jets grabbed Edwards.....high reward player with problems.....

I am in Brigh****er Farms.....which I think is a made up part of Bay Shore just so people can say they live somewhere other than Bay Shore.

Hey, I'm southside it's quite nice around here. Ok, that's enough of that... GO CRO. Hope he stops having so damn many kids though.

Archived