Jets Trade with Chargers for CB Cromartie: MERGED

Aten

I have to say I'd feel better about this if I had never seen that little cut up mocking him for how he "played" in the playoff game vs the JETS

but we need DB's desperately, so that's good I guess

You know what? If we have to rely on our cornerback on a 4th and 1 play to make a hit to give us a chance to win at the line of scrimmage, we've already lost. To you seriously think if he stuck his head in there he was keeping TJ from making 1 yard?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ugh....

Cromartie is not the type of player the Jets should be pursuing. He got scorched numerous times over the past two season, and he can't tackle a lick as we all saw in the playoffs.

Lets not forget that this guy has 7 kids with 5 different woman. He's sure sounds like a quality person:confused:

Why are the Jets always willing to give up draft picks for underachievers???? There is a reason why players Cromartie and Edwards get jettisoned.

The Jets were a better team once Edwards was added. Underachiever or not.

On paper, the Jets are a better team today than they were yesterday with the addition of Cromartie.

The Jets were a better team once Edwards was added. Underachiever or not.

On paper, the Jets are a better team today than they were yesterday with the addition of Cromartie.

Agreed.. This is a former 2006 1st round pick we're talking about. He'll only be 26 when the seasons starts!!! He's 6'2 , so he's not a short corner who will be abused.

Look, our team was able to stop teams who had 1 big weapon. It was the teams like the colts that had 2 or more that killed us. Ryan saw it, and got 1st round talent in the 2011 3rd round. Hell, it could be the 32nd pick in the 2nd round if it moves up to that. This is a move that will allow us to be more aggressive getting to the QB.

Our starters, on opening day will be 25 (Revis) and 26 (Cro). You we now have the starting tandum in the league.

I'm still amazed he got it done for a pick in next years draft. That's huge since we've got restrictions on us this season. Keeping our 2nd or 3rd this year could really pay off.

That is a very good post. Normally you don't want to defer picks out. But the Jets are close and have limitations this year. To pick up a starting CB like they did, definitely a good move.

Agreed.. This is a former 2006 1st round pick we're talking about. He'll only be 26 when the seasons starts!!! He's 6'2 , so he's not a short corner who will be abused.

Look, our team was able to stop teams who had 1 big weapon. It was the teams like the colts that had 2 or more that killed us. Ryan saw it, and got 1st round talent in the 2011 3rd round. Hell, it could be the 32nd pick in the 2nd round if it moves up to that. This is a move that will allow us to be more aggressive getting to the QB.

Our starters, on opening day will be 25 (Revis) and 26 (Cro). You we now have the starting tandum in the league.

Yup.

Sure, he's a bit of a sleeze-ball, but you know what, Calvin Pace and Shaun Ellis got suspended for their 'crimes', Cromartie doesn't get suspended for knocking up chicks.

I said it all year long, we have Darrelle Revis, and a bunch of 3rd and 4th CBs. Now we have a guy who has the physical skill set to play #1, has proven, in the right system, that he can play #1, and will never actually be playing #1.

What would be better than if Cromartie spend every day trying to prove that he's the premier name in the Revis/Cromartie tandem? I don't think Revis would have any problem with that, and as the leader he's become, will help him towards that goal.

Yup.

Sure, he's a bit of a sleeze-ball, but you know what, Calvin Pace and Shaun Ellis got suspended for their 'crimes', Cromartie doesn't get suspended for knocking up chicks.

I said it all year long, we have Darrelle Revis, and a bunch of 3rd and 4th CBs. Now we have a guy who has the physical skill set to play #1, has proven, in the right system, that he can play #1, and will never actually be playing #1.

What would be better than if Cromartie spend every day trying to prove that he's the premier name in the Revis/Cromartie tandem? I don't think Revis would have any problem with that, and as the leader he's become, will help him towards that goal.

Also, in this D, he has a chance to make a TON of picks. Teams are still going to shy away from Revis.

Tanny is so the man, he is the Jets Brian Cashman only shrewder and working within a salary cap. This frees us up for a number of great moves. When TJ signs elsewhere we'll be able to pick up someone else to help the team.

I am pretty sure this is not true. The only way the Jets can sign an UFA is if the Jets lose an UFA. The way the NFL defines an UFA is a player that has gained free agency through an expiring contract. TJ gained his FA through a cut and therefore means nothing when it comes to the Jets and being able to sign an UFA.

Anyway, got to like the deal. Man up corners on both sides frees up plenty of blitzers. Hopefully he comes in with a chip on his shoulder and performs like the #1 corner he was in the past.

Lucky me. I've had Kleco "fix" 2 posts in as many days. The ultimate complement from a world class turd.

Congrats on the Jets newest trade, I hope the ScareCro chokes on the Big Apple.

Says the guy who is ****ting his pants this morning at the thought one of the Chads attempting a pass against the Jets D. :rolleyes:

Yup.

Well said. The fact that they don't give up a pick this year makes this even better. This team doesn't have ANY holes in their starting line up now. They can now draft BPA for what one could say is a few weak spots...which is basically depth at every position. But I think the first two picks are OLB and WR.

Says the guy who is ****ting his pants this morning at the thought one of the Chads attempting a pass against the Jets D. :rolleyes:

Nope. We'll just run it down the Jets throat. Like always.

1. The other play is much worse.

2. Thanks for reminding me of the play that propelled us to the AFC Championship Game.

The fact that there are more than 1 play like my sig, should disturb the Jets.

Hey dude .... get Chad locked up yet? Having Penny in the stable just about insures you guys a SB.

He wants a "no trade" clause in the contract and the FO is balking. I'd guess that he goes to Arizonia.

No one is thrilled about his lack of tackling, but that play is not on Cromartie. What was he really going to do there?

He had contain. If, God forbid, the Jets play action'ed there it would have been on Cromartie to cover his man. The other play, the Greene TD he looks worse.

No one is thrilled about his lack of tackling, but that play is not on Cromartie. What was he really going to do there?

Uh, he could have charged the pileand possibly tackled somebody.

A Dolphin fan is highlight the play that got the Jets to the AFC Championship game. And the Dolphins won 7 games.

I love it.

Tushay, monsieur.

If we're relying on our cover corner to make a stop at the LOS on a 4th and 1 play to continue our season... guess what... We've already lost.

As someone else said, 1 out of the 11 players had to cover the play action. On 4th and 1, if your front 7 doesn't make the play you're screwed.

First off, his responsibility was to maintain the outside, you think Cromartie is supposed to be clogging the middle?

Second, the blocker diving at his legs made your idea impossible.

Third, he was too far from a play that only needed 1 yard to make a stop. Ray Lewis, starting where Cromartie did, doesn't make the play.

I'm really enjoying the excuse making for the Jets newest Bastard Maker.

Enjoy this ...

Borrowed from CBS Sportsline:

Hello, neighbors...I'm just going to change my shoes and put on my New York Jets sweater...there, that's better. Mr McFeely tells me the Jets have a deal to get San Diego Charger corner Antonio Cromartie for a conditional 3rd round pick. Can you say, "The best corner tandem in history"? I knew you could. The best defence in the whole NFL just got better, can you Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots fans say, "Scumbucket"? I knew you could. The team that the very nice Mr. Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts beat in the AFC championship game just fixed the weakness Peyton exploited, can you say. "Oh crapcakes!" Peyton? I knew you could. This is just one very nice move among very many, very nice moves to come. That very nice man who also like sweaters, Mr. Rex Ryan and his very nice friend Mr. Mike Tannenbaum are building a very pretty green and white monster. Can you sing with me...

It's a wonderful day in the AFC East,

I'm thinking eleven wins, at least,

in regular season, in regular season.

In the playoff there's a chance to win and play,

And get to have a Superbowl Sunday.

We can do it, we can do it!

The Phins and Pats are going nuts,

The New York Jets will kick their butts,

Singing won't you be...won't you be...won't you be my beatch?

Enjoy this ...

Borrowed from CBS Sportsline:

Hello, neighbors...I'm just going to change my shoes and put on my New York Jets sweater...there, that's better. Mr McFeely tells me the Jets have a deal to get San Diego Charger corner Antonio Cromartie for a conditional 3rd round pick. Can you say, "The best corner tandem in history"? I knew you could. The best defence in the whole NFL just got better, can you Miami Dolphins and New England Patriots fans say, "Scumbucket"? I knew you could. The team that the very nice Mr. Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts beat in the AFC championship game just fixed the weakness Peyton exploited, can you say. "Oh crapcakes!" Peyton? I knew you could. This is just one very nice move among very many, very nice moves to come. That very nice man who also like sweaters, Mr. Rex Ryan and his very nice friend Mr. Mike Tannenbaum are building a very pretty green and white monster. Can you sing with me...

It's a wonderful day in the AFC East,

I'm thinking eleven wins, at least,

in regular season, in regular season.

In the playoff there's a chance to win and play,

And get to have a Superbowl Sunday.

We can do it, we can do it!

The Phins and Pats are going nuts,

The New York Jets will kick their butts,

Singing won't you be...won't you be...won't you be my beatch?

:bwahaharoll:

Archived