My local Police precinct

villain_the_foe

Yeah, so I was wondering was it just the fact that I usually talk back to the cops when I feel that Im being harrassed for no reason and given a summons for nothing. Come to find out, this is all part of the plan. My last summons that I received was for "inciting a riot" simply because I wouldnt give my ID to a police officer. Of course they forcefully searched me and took it anyway and issued me a summons.

Check this video out of my local precinct that made ABC. Glad to see that there are still good people in the precinct who will expose the bullshyte.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=7305573

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, so I was wondering was it just the fact that I usually talk back to the cops when I feel that Im being harrassed for no reason and given a summons for nothing. Come to find out, this is all part of the plan. My last summons that I received was for "exciting a riot" simply because I wouldnt give my ID to a police officer. Of course they forcefully searched me and took it anyway and issued me a summons.

Check this video out of my local precinct that made ABC. Glad to see that there are still good people in the precinct who will expose the bullshyte.

It would be funny if it wasnt so ridiculous this sh!t still takes place.

Is it really that difficult to actually enforce the laws fairly and properly?

Embarrassing. And disgusting. Its 2010. Enough of this sh!t.

Yeah, so I was wondering was it just the fact that I usually talk back to the cops when I feel that Im being harrassed for no reason and given a summons for nothing. Come to find out, this is all part of the plan. My last summons that I received was for "exciting a riot" simply because I wouldnt give my ID to a police officer. Of course they forcefully searched me and took it anyway and issued me a summons.

Oh please... you could easily incite a riot! We've met you. We know. Im sure he had cause! :corn::box:

"The Infamous Blue Wall Of Silence" LOL - I love that quote.

For the record, there are quotas but you'll NEVER hear ANY police official admit it. They prefer to call it "PERFORMANCE STANDARDS". Our unofficial performance standard is 20 tickets a month......or so I've heard. LOL

It's a catchy situation, you have to weigh the administrations right and ability to make sure the public gets what they pay for via traffic enforcement and protection from crime, while making sure that it does not become a "Revenue Generator" or something else. Like a lot of professions, there's always that 10% that are just as lazy as can be and do the least amount of work possible. They're the ones who need to be strongly supervised for the sole reason of "Hey, you're making a good check to do some F-ing work....do it". I think the part that does it for me is the fact that when being "informed" to write more tickets, it never seems to center around a specific traffic complaint. In other words, it's not "Hey, Mrs. Jones at 123 Main st says people blow the stop sign by her house all the time during rush hour, go see if you can enforce it". It's You need to write 20 tickets so write them.

I will say this, when I was on patrol, I could write 3-4 quality tickets without blinking. and I mean these ones were doozies....ridiciulous red lights, 50 in a 25, stuff like that. It's not hard to find the A-Holes and give them what they deserve, while perhaps not writing someone who made a right turn on red.

Still, a lot of crime is stopped ahead of time by proactive police work. Traffic stops can lead to recovery of drugs, guns, stolen merchandise, etc. So you can't just make a blanket statement or policy that police doing their job need to stop...because sometimes, that's exactly just what they're doing.

It's a delicate balance of protection and earning our pay vs. not being a revenue generator or eliminating all forms of officer discretion.

That said - I hope that guy has another career lined up.

You know, it's always a half a dozen of this and half a dozen of that. Everybody hates a cop until they need one.

I'm sorry that happened to you, though. It reeks of unjust treatment.

Meh....more like there always there when you dont need them and never there when you do.

It's a catchy situation, you have to weigh the administrations right and ability to make sure the public gets what they pay for via traffic enforcement and protection from crime, while making sure that it does not become a "Revenue Generator" or something else. Like a lot of professions, there's always that 10% that are just as lazy as can be and do the least amount of work possible.

Well said.

Yeah, so I was wondering was it just the fact that I usually talk back to the cops when I feel that Im being harrassed for no reason and given a summons for nothing. Come to find out, this is all part of the plan. My last summons that I received was for "inciting a riot" simply because I wouldnt give my ID to a police officer. Of course they forcefully searched me and took it anyway and issued me a summons.

Why wouldn't you give your ID to an officer? Even if he was mistaken I would give him my id. I'd expect a fat lip if I didn't.

NYPD is beyond corrupt, it's disgusting. I also believe the Police on a whole have wayyyyyyyy too much power.

Ironic you mentioned that as tonight, I have a Power Workshop at 10 PM. Topics of discussion include Harrassment of the General Public, Police Brutality, Having Something Else Better To Do, Getting a Real Job, Keeping our badge when others threaten to take it, Donuts, Coffee, Being Lazy, and of course, Message Board Cop Love - A Public Perception.

Very excited time tonight.

Ironic you mentioned that as tonight, I have a Power Workshop at 10 PM. Topics of discussion include Harrassment of the General Public, Police Brutality, Having Something Else Better To Do, Getting a Real Job, Keeping our badge when others threaten to take it, Donuts, Coffee, Being Lazy, and of course, Message Board Cop Love - A Public Perception.

What about "How to generate enough money to meet the ticket quota". DAMN DIRTY COPS.

/shakes fist.

Homer.

Just thank your lucky stars u weren't born a minority.

NYPD is beyond corrupt, it's disgusting. I also believe the Police on a whole have wayyyyyyyy too much power.

1M8vei3L0L8

Outside of Justin Volpe, it's also one of the best PD's in the world given the scope. Yeah, it needs work, just like my house. As I said, it's a half dozen of this, and a half dozen of that.

My husband is friends with an ex-NARC. He's a prick, and I never liked him. He did things I find detestable. And he'd laugh about it. Still, when you're busting into a crack house, you need a certain personality factor. Unfortunately, we can't have it both ways.

Outside of Justin Volpe, it's also one of the best PD's in the world given the scope. Yeah, it needs work, just like my house. As I said, it's a half dozen of this, and a half dozen of that.

My husband is friends with an ex-NARC. He's a prick, and I never liked him. He did things I find detestable. And he'd laugh about it. Still, when you're busting into a crack house, you need a certain personality factor. Unfortunately, we can't have it both ways.

I have people in the NYPD too, one of the officers I know also sells weed on the side, how's that for irony.

I was even more turned off from them when the story broke that they raped a drunk chick. SMH

I guess they are a needed part of society, however I'm not going to be quick to side with them.

I have people in the NYPD too, one of the officers I know also sells weed on the side, how's that for irony.

I was even more turned off from them when the story broke that they raped a drunk chick. SMH

I guess they are a needed part of society, however I'm not going to be quick to side with them.

People need to be policed - unless you're an anarchist. This isn't Utopia, and I didn't excuse anyone.

Actually if she were Jewish, she'd be in on the whole world-financial domination thing. Which, speaking from experience, is pretty awesome.

I wouldnt mind at all. Hell I'd give up shell fish & install two sinks for a chance to be Jewish rich LOL

Have you seen me? I'm a pale skinned redhead that burns walking out to his car at the end of the work day. How many of us are running around?

Gingers are so cute LOL

Shaun White made yous guys trendy!

My cousin's a cop. :bag:

Your cousin could be a cop that wants to serve the people....be a good peace officer. No need for the bag over the face. Not all cops are bad, actually many do want to help. Think about it, if it wasnt for a cop standing up I wouldnt have been able to confirm what I already knew in my heart...that "other" type of cops were just harrassing the public.

Why wouldn't you give your ID to an officer? Even if he was mistaken I would give him my id. I'd expect a fat lip if I didn't.

Because its my ID, I dont have to give them my ID if I dont want to. If I feel that Im being taken advantage of (as I was) I dont conform with it. And the only reason why I allowed the cop to take my ID is because if I were to remove the cops hand from out my pockets knowing the mentality of some of these cops here I would have risked being shot over nothing. So I allowed it, what I do now is not carry the ID. Reason being, if the cops cant identify you they cant process you. So if I didnt do anything I'll allow them to waste their time.

Dont you find it a problem that you expect a fat lip if you didnt give a cop your ID? If you wont even stand up for yourself, who will?

Archived