Coles wants to come back to the Jets

Rexecutioner

this guy is dreaming if he thinks the Jets will take him back, at least i hope he is...i have good memories of him, but i just dont want his drama again. Sort of like a hot ex-girlfriend, you can only put up with a certain amount of bs

Ex-Jets wide receiver Laveranues Coles, 32, never really wanted to leave the Jets and was a disappointment in his only season with the Bengals after signing a four-year, $28 million deal last offseason that paid him $10 million. He caught just 43 passes for 514 yards and five touchdowns, not including an 11-yard touchdown against the Jets in the playoffs. "I didn't fit into the offense at all," Coles told The Star-Ledger Thursday. "(Quarterback) Carson (Palmer) wasn't comfortable with me. He likes tall receivers. He told the coaches he wasn't comfortable throwing to me." Coles, who has had two previous stints with the Jets, said he'd like to end his career as a Jet. "They'll be the first team we call to see if they're interested," he said.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

I am a bonafide Laveranues Coles fan, but his ship has sailed from here. He is not a slot receiver, and he's just not good enough to bring in as a #3 that pushes Cotch into the slot.

With a young franchise QB, the Jets need a rookie WR to grow with him. Cotchery's all the veteran help he needs.

I don't care what anyone says, he's leaps and bounds better at receiver than Smith, Wright or Clowney.

agreed, but smith and wright make the team on specials, so he'd have to take back up money and live with playing in the oft used 4 WR shotty set

oh wait...

As a #3 WR he'd be really useful...I wouldn't mind.

Same. If he's even talking about coming back here you have to imagine that he's resigned himself to the contract and role that would be waiting for him. He really is what we need behind Edwards and Cotchery if he can stay healthy enough to make the bell for 12-14 games and the playoffs.

I don't care what anyone says, he's leaps and bounds better at receiver than Smith, Wright or Clowney.

Exactly. For some reason, Laverneues got a troublesome rep when he was here. It's true that his agent was always looking for more money, but that's the general manager's problem, not the fans. He performed on the field quite well, which is all that I care about.

If the money can be worked out, bring him back. Braylon is the big guy now, but he's been known to get a case of the dropsies, something Coles rarely did. Coles is not the long term solution, but if you think the Jets have a shot at the SuperBowl this year, they should bring in Coles for #2 or 3.

I want to be signed by the Jets too.. but the likelihood of me being signed is about the same as COles.

Maybe when the Jets start a short-season single-A team you'll get the call. Keep your hopes up!

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey Coles, Herm and Bradway are gone. your throw the spaghetti on the wall and hope it sticks trick is over..lol..and your beloved Pennington is gone :(

How about this coles..when you get down on your hands and knees and beg the Jets for a job at minimum wage they might consider it

:rl:

i have good memories of him, but i just dont want his drama again. Sort of like a hot ex-girlfriend, you can only put up with a certain amount of bs

Yeah except the bitch had no personality to speak of and now she's fat. Good luck and **** off, we've moved on. I'll be thoroughly disappointed if he comes back.

Same. If he's even talking about coming back here you have to imagine that he's resigned himself to the contract and role that would be waiting for him. He really is what we need behind Edwards and Cotchery if he can stay healthy enough to make the bell for 12-14 games and the playoffs.

My thoughts exactly. Coles isn't stupid, he knows if he comes back to the Jets he's the #3 WR, and clearly has accepted that this will be his role going forward in the NFL. Cotchery was already the better receiver of the two when Coles left and he knows he's not beating out Edwards either. If he's willing to accept the role and the pay that goes with it, I'd be all for it. He did enough last year to show he can still be a fairly productive option, he knows the playbook and could start in a pinch.

And keep in mind, signing a guy like Coles doesn't necessarily preclude the Jets from getting another young guy in the draft, it just makes it less of a priority. Just look at last year's WR depth chart, even if they keep Smith and bring back Wright for special teams, there are still two open spots as both Clowney and Woodhead can easily be replaced.

Somebody nailed it earlier in the thread. Coles is better than any of the #3's currentlly on the roster and if he came back here that's what he'd be. Any time you have the chance to make your team better at the right price you at least try to do that. Coles is an upgrade and probably won't command riddiculous money. I'd love to see Tanny bring him in.

Archived