Handoffburger accused of rape/sexual assault for 2nd time

If that bar/nightclub was in NY it wouldve been shut down already for serving alcohol to minors.

Their liquor license wouldve been snatched.

+1 but not sure if it's been confirmed that she was drinking....

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed.... That is rape.

If he tied her up and forced drinks down her throat, then that is rape. If he was buying the drinks, and she was willingly sloshing drinks down her own throat, as long as she was conscious that is not rape

Big Ben Beef Jerky could go bye-bye

Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2010 9:31 AM ET

Though the full impact of a second sexual assault allegation against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisbeger remains to be determined, one of his sponsors is getting nervous.

Michael McCarthy of USA Today reports that the folks who make "Big Ben Beef Jerky" have spoken out regarding the latest development.

"It's just very concerning," PLB Sports president and CEO Ty Ballou told McCarthy. ""Ben is a single guy. He has every right to be out doing what he's doing. But when you're the quarterback of any team, especially the Steelers, you have to take extra measures. . . . Obviously, this is very concerning for all parties. This is the second time this has come out. . . .

"It's troubling," Ballou added. "You want the offseason to be quiet. You have to put yourself in a good positions. And Ben unfortunately hasn't. You even go back to the motorcycle accident. Whatever happened down there [in Georgia], I hope this will truly be the last time something like this happens. Ben's a good person. He does a lot for charity. But for his career, his fans and his family, you have to make good decisions."

McCarthy reports that other sponsors have remained non-committal. Nike, for example, declined comment. Dick's Sporting Goods did not return calls and e-mails from McCarthy.

Finally, we know what plenty of you are thinking. And as a sign of our gradually increasing maturity, professionalism, and responsibility, we'll yield any further comments on this specific matter to the floor.

:Typotux:

Anybody who buys this for even a fraction of a second is a complete ****ing retard, and the notion that Ben should just never go to bars in order to avoid being falsely accused of something is ****ing repugnant. This is stupid, you're stupid, the end.

Anybody who buys this for even a fraction of a second is a complete ****ing retard, and the notion that Ben should just never go to bars in order to avoid being falsely accused of something is ****ing repugnant. This is stupid, you're stupid, the end.

Also being stupid is holing yourself away in a private part of a bar with young women being shepherded in, when you have an existing assault case in your portfolio.

What details do you have of the case?

If he tied her up and forced drinks down her throat, then that is rape. If he was buying the drinks, and she was willingly sloshing drinks down her own throat, as long as she was conscious that is not rape

No, that just makes him a scumbag for banging a falling down drunk girl in a bathroom.

Also being stupid is holing yourself away in a private part of a bar with young women being shepherded in, when you have an existing assault case in your portfolio.

This is kind of like saying that he should never drive again because he was in a motorcycle accident once. He can't win. As soon as it comes out that this broad is full of it, the argument is going to turn into that it's his fault for putting himself in a position to be falsely accused. As far as JN is concerned, Ben is a good quarterback who plays for another team, so he's guilty and that's the end of it.

This is kind of like saying that he should never drive again because he was in a motorcycle accident once. He can't win. As soon as it comes out that this broad is full of it, the argument is going to turn into that it's his fault for putting himself in a position to be falsely accused. As far as JN is concerned, Ben is a good quarterback who plays for another team, so he's guilty and that's the end of it.

Yeah, that's it.:rolleyes:

I could see if the girl waited a couple of months/years before she accused him, but she went that night of the incident and there's no mention of a civilsuit. I don't know all the details and neither do you, however many witnesses are coming out saying he was acting like a jerk/@sshole to the chicks that didn't want to come to V.I.P., one chick was cursed out when she asked him for an autograph for her boyfriend, after she refused to go to the V.I.P. I say the media is treating him pretty good considering, Kobe, Tiger,Vick were all over the place, not just sports/talk radio.

You know what? There's plenty of pro athletes who go out to bars on a regular basis and never seem to be accused of rape.

This is twice in less than a year for Roethlisberger. Where there's smoke...

Not for nothing, but if I were a dumb chick looking to falsely accuse a rich dude of rape, you better believe I'd consider the ones with **** already pending first.

Actually wouldn;t that sorta make you a smart chick looking to accuse a rich dude of rape?

Normally yes, but isn't the chick from Georgia?

Regardless, if she was actually smart enough to hand pick Ben to set him up for rape because of his prior issues she's at least astute. Part that confuses me is if she went into the stall with him under her own will, how exactly is this rape? Why else would you enter a stall with a drunk guy you just met? To cuddle?

I've never laughed at any of yours posts. Never.

But anyway, I think if this was a black male, the media would have been going a lot more crazy than it is for Ben.

And he would have been called a Thug turd on this site as well.....

I'm not sure what he can't win? Reality is and this board is another example that most people think a rich athlete can get any girl they want. The other reality is money=power especially in court. Ben is in the driver’s seat even if he's guilty as hell because he has power and money.

I know plenty of nice good looking girls who on any given night might just want to take a little ride in the bathroom late at night or they just might not want to or they may even fool around a bit and then say no.

I don't presume he's guilty or innocent. I do think the way women are portrayed for the most part is outright disgraceful. Women in a free society are allowed to go out, drink, have sex and have a good time and say no. Even when they say yes it doesn't make them a Ho, or a shakedown artist unless they are and just like Ben proved so.

This isn't like saying Ben was in an accident and shouldn't drive again. Ben is one of the highest paid athletes in the world. He is getting that money to not just be a QB but to represent a multimillion dollar franchise and indirectly a city. That doesn't mean he has to be a choir boy. It does mean he has to have some judgment. Hanging out at bars late at night drunk cruising bathrooms or carrying a gun in your waistband or any number of other stupid things guys do doesn't cut it at 28 when your in Bens position.

Hanging out at bars late at night drunk cruising bathrooms or carrying a gun in your wasteband or any number of other stupid things guys do doesn't cut it at 28 when your in Bens position.

Thanks. Comparing this situation to Plaxico demonstrates the total stupidity of your argument far better than I could have, and that's saying an awful lot.

Thanks. Comparing this situation to Plaxico demonstrates the total stupidity of your argument far better than I could have, and that's saying an awful lot.

It's his judgment that I'm calling into question, I don't compare the acts although if he is found to have done it they will be very comparable. As of now one was merely poor judgment until proven criminal, the other clearly poor judgment and criminal. There are plenty of athletes who are put in embarrassing positions that aren

Usually I get called that by assclowns who have no legitimate counter to my point. :Nuts:

Or the more widely accepted belief is that you are an assclown who cannot make a counter point.

Yeah, that's it.:rolleyes:

I could see if the girl waited a couple of months/years before she accused him, but she went that night of the incident and there's no mention of a civilsuit. I don't know all the details and neither do you, however many witnesses are coming out saying he was acting like a jerk/@sshole to the chicks that didn't want to come to V.I.P., one chick was cursed out when she asked him for an autograph for her boyfriend, after she refused to go to the V.I.P. I say the media is treating him pretty good considering, Kobe, Tiger,Vick were all over the place, not just sports/talk radio.

If Big Ben were black he wouldve had a Sportscenter Special on him by now.

yup I said it.

I ask you, what info do you have that the general populace does not? Or, are all women who claim they were assaulted, fabricating those stories? A public figure could never commit a felony, no?

what info do you have that the general populace does not?

That there are more implausible things than being falsely accused of the same thing twice. I'll tell you right now exactly how this went down. Girl goes into a club and sees Ben, and in light of the prior charge an opportunity for a nice little come-up. But she doesn't want to be too obvious about it, so she identifies the perpetrator not by name but by description. A description that is readily available but by no means accurate. Ben hasn't been within raping distance of 241 pounds in about five years.

That there are more implausible things than being falsely accused of the same thing twice. I'll tell you right now exactly how this went down. Girl goes into a club and sees Ben, and in light of the prior charge an opportunity for a nice little come-up. But she doesn't want to be too obvious about it, so she identifies the perpetrator not by name but by description. A description that is readily available but by no means accurate. Ben hasn't been within raping distance of 241 pounds in about five years.

And not for nothing but I don't have multi-day arguments with randoms. When I clock out your window for demanding satisfaction has closed.

Archived