Jets showing some interest in Colts S Antoine Bethea

SoFlaJets

I think we're starting to get away from that mindset TS...most of us (here anyway) are super critical and call out the under-achievers on the team as soon as it shows. But yea, it was like that for years on the boards.

I consider myself the most Jets-critical douche in the world so maybe I'm just overly sensitive to guys who overrate their Jets. lol There was A LOT of Rhodes-love the past week. It's funny, and natural (I guess), to see all of the "F that guy!" posts now. Football fans are fickle.

I dont want to, but if we have to, i'm trading TomShane in the deal here. He's gotta be worth at least a 6th rder in 2013.

Bro, after this winter, if you can find a way to send me to Arizona I would love you right up! A 6th is a little high, though. Maybe you can trade me to the Cardinals in exchange for the draft rights to Matt Leinart's hot tub.

LMAO I hope you dont mean Troy Polamalu and his ankle tackling skills

Homey! Homey? Homey, come oooooooooooon!

LMAO I hope you dont mean Troy Polamalu and his ankle tackling skills

You are bashing troy and praising rhodes... are you absolutely ****ing blind or do you just enjoy stirring up **** and being retarded?

I really like Bethea, but not for a 1st round pick.

And why not? Who could you pick at 29 this year that would contribute more than him? He is 25 and will be 26 this summer its not like the cat is 32. I just don't get why people over value draft pick's? This team needs to win now. We have a great O line that is getter real old in spots and with the real possibility of no football in 2011 we have to go all in this year Dallas or bust!

And why not? Who could you pick at 29 this year that would contribute more than him? He is 25 and will be 26 this summer its not like the cat is 32. I just don't get why people over value draft pick's? This team needs to win now. We have a great O line that is getter real old in spots and with the real possibility of no football in 2011 we have to go all in this year Dallas or bust!

Point well taken. Bethea flys around the field like a bullitt. i like him a lot. He's an overachiever. A guy you can root for. But if Kerry Rhodes is worth a 4th Bethea is NOT worth a 1st. Athletically there are holes in his game. I do agree it's a gamble with a draft pick rather than taking more a the sure thing. But I'm looking at the prospects out there and I'm not convinced the Jets are better off with the move. I would consider Bethea's value more as a late 2nd-3rd round pick as opposed to a 1st.

If it happens though I can't say I would be too upset about it. Just not thrilled.

Even if the Jets are interested in Bethea, I don't see how you even think about going after him without at least taking a shot at Atogwe first, who would cost the Jets nothing if the Rams didn't match their offer to him. That said, I'd be willing to bet the Jets interest in Bethea would revolve around working with the Colts to come up with an alternate level of compensation rather than just signing him to an offer sheet for a first.

Even if the Jets are interested in Bethea, I don't see how you even think about going after him without at least taking a shot at Atogwe first, who would cost the Jets nothing if the Rams didn't match their offer to him. That said, I'd be willing to bet the Jets interest in Bethea would revolve around working with the Colts to come up with an alternate level of compensation rather than just signing him to an offer sheet for a first.

I suspect the Rams plan to match what is offered to Atogwe. If I were the Jets, I would over pay the guy to give the Rams pause.

Right now, with the uncapped year and all I would much rather over pay a player then surrender a first or second.

I suspect the Rams plan to match what is offered to Atogwe. If I were the Jets, I would over pay the guy to give the Rams pause.

Right now, with the uncapped year and all I would much rather over pay a player then surrender a first or second.

Agreed, and while it might not work there's certainly no harm in trying. I'd have to imagine that Tannenbaum could come up with some sort of poison pill or even just a creative contract structure that would make it difficult for the Rams to match given the Jets have no restrictions when it comes to RFAs.

Archived