Phags Resign Pussington

The Troll

Chad Pennington-QB-DolphinsMar. 5 - 10:52 pm etright_corner_player_news.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifDolphins re-signed QB Chad Pennington to a one-year, $2.5 million contract.

The deal includes a "trade bonus" that would add $1.515M to Pennington's 2010 pay should he be dealt away before October's trade deadline. The 34-year-old is recovering from the third throwing-shoulder surgery of his career, but the Fins value Pennington as a veteran of OC Dan Henning's system and mentor to Chad Henne. Henne will not face competition to start.

Dolphins re-signed QB Chad Pennington to a one-year, $2.5 million contract.

The deal includes a "trade bonus" that would add $1.515M to Pennington's 2010 pay should he be dealt away before October's trade deadline. The 34-year-old is recovering from the third throwing-shoulder surgery of his career, but the Fins value Pennington as a veteran of OC Dan Henning's system and mentor to Chad Henne. Henne will not face competition to start.

A trade bonus? Interesting wrinkle.. Chad is nothing if not shrewd..

And thank you chad, thank you for going somewhere were it makes it even more fun to goof on you..

A trade bonus? Interesting wrinkle.. Chad is nothing if not shrewd..

And thank you chad, thank you for going somewhere were it makes it even more fun to goof on you..

Chad was asking for a no trade clause but the Fins were balking and that hit a snag in the negotiations. The trade bonus was obviously a compromise.

He likely wants to stay close to home and still get paid, that's why he wanted the no trade clause IMO.

And, like you said, it's fun having Chad on the hated Fins.

I hope to God he wins the QB competition.

I'll never get why people hate Pennington. He was a victim of injury. I'll never-think my position the way Pennington was treated. It was shabby...even though it turned out to be right. Go to any team you want, the Dolphins, laughed like hell.

I also called it that he would beat the Jets the last game of the season the day he became a Miami puke. Pennington as a Maimi puke, c'mon. My eyes almost started bleeding, but I see it as a mercy kill these days.

I also stand by my position that if his arm gets torn off again, the Jets should ring him up as a QB Coach. He's cerebral, which everybody knows. His physical inability is the only reason he had to walk the plank. And that's Jets football.

To The Troll

Why are you calling Chad Pennington a Pussington -----------:confused:

This guy suffered some serious injuries while laying it all on the line for the JETS. You must really be a terrible person in real life---------:shutit:

Laying it all on the line? Really?

**** Chad Pennington. His ****ty play in every year post-2002 was a major deterrent in this team doing anything worthwhile. Maybe we win a championship in '04 if Mr. Clutch doesn't lead us to three whole offensive points at Pittsburgh. Maybe some of our records would have been better if we had a QB that possessed the ability to lead a comeback when we're down by more than 2 points.

Why the Chad love? He came here, was mediocre to horrible for 5 years, teaming up with Herman Edwards to slam shut our brief window in the early-to-mid part of this decade. We cut him, and what does he do? Signs with the phucking Phags.

**** Chad. I hope his shoulder gets sodomized again. And I hope Kris Jenkins does it.

To The Troll

Why are you calling Chad Pennington a Pussington -----------:confused:

This guy suffered some serious injuries while laying it all on the line for the JETS. You must really be a terrible person in real life---------:shutit:

I'll never get why people hate Pennington. He was a victim of injury. I'll never-think my position the way Pennington was treated. It was shabby...even though it turned out to be right. Go to any team you want, the Dolphins, laughed like hell.

I also called it that he would beat the Jets the last game of the season the day he became a Miami puke. Pennington as a Maimi puke, c'mon. My eyes almost started bleeding, but I see it as a mercy kill these days.

I also stand by my position that if his arm gets torn off again, the Jets should ring him up as a QB Coach. He's cerebral, which everybody knows. His physical inability is the only reason he had to walk the plank. And that's Jets football.

Pussington...the kind of thing that makes me hope that a whole contingent of Jets fans suffers the same shoulder injury that requires surgery 3 time. That's so c*nty...

give me 64 million and a legion of mouth breathering idolators, and I'll have TEN shoulder surgeries..

Laying it all on the line? Really?

**** Chad Pennington. His ****ty play in every year post-2002 was a major deterrent in this team doing anything worthwhile. Maybe we win a championship in '04 if Mr. Clutch doesn't lead us to three whole offensive points at Pittsburgh. Maybe some of our records would have been better if we had a QB that possessed the ability to lead a comeback when we're down by more than 2 points.

Why the Chad love? He came here, was mediocre to horrible for 5 years, teaming up with Herman Edwards to slam shut our brief window in the early-to-mid part of this decade. We cut him, and what does he do? Signs with the phucking Phags.

**** Chad. I hope his shoulder gets sodomized again. And I hope Kris Jenkins does it.

I guess you also think the JETS had a good supporting cast here while Chad played? Pro-Bowl WRs and and offensive line how about the defense? Please refresh my memory. No need to be ragging on the guy and wishing him serious injury.

I guess you also think the JETS had a good supoprting cast here while Chad played? Pro-Bowl WRs and and offensive line how about the defense? Please refresh my memory. No need to be ragging on the guy and wishing him serious injury.

How about a hall of Fame running back? Is that good enough?

Tell you what...I'll throw in a Hall of Fame center! How's that? And I'll surround that center with Kareem McKenzie, Jason Fabini, Brandon Moore, and Pete Kendall.

You're right. Chad never had any Pro Bowl WRs. They just became Pro Bowlers after they went to Washington and had Patrick Ramsey and Mark Brunell throwing to them.

And you're right. The defense sucked. They were only top five in PPG in 2004. The line was only Ellis, Abraham, and Ferguson in their primes. And the middle linebacker was only Vilma, back when he didn't have to shed blocks. That defense was terrible.

Poor Chad. Surround the guy with the '85 Bears and he'll show you all.

How about a hall of Fame running back? Is that good enough?

Tell you what...I'll throw in a Hall of Fame center! How's that? And I'll surround that center with Kareem McKenzie, Jason Fabini, Brandon Moore, and Pete Kendall.

You're right. Chad never had any Pro Bowl WRs. They just became Pro Bowlers after they went to Washington and had Patrick Ramsey and Mark Brunell throwing to them.

And you're right. The defense sucked. They were only top five in PPG in 2004. The line was only Ellis, Abraham, and Ferguson in their primes. And the middle linebacker was only Vilma, back when he didn't have to shed blocks. That defense was terrible.

Poor Chad. Surround the guy with the '85 Bears and he'll show you all.

Are you serious? Chad never had a WR over 5' 10 and that line was like swiss cheese.

A Hall of Fame center whos without a job as we speak. Come on man.

Are you serious? Chad never had a WR over 5' 10 and that line was like swiss cheese.

A Hall of Fame center whos without a job as we speak. Come on man.

Did you even follow the Jets back then?

You referring to that line as "swiss cheese" is one of the most asinine things I have ever read on this forum.

And 39-year old Kevin Mawae is unsigned a day and a half into free agency. His career must have sucked.

As for the WRs, first your claim was that poor Chad never had any Pro Bowlers. Wrong. He had two. Now, you've switched up your argument to "Well, they were short!". Give me a ****ing break.

I thought this **** ended two years ago. Little did I know that Penningtology is a religion that never dies.

You referring to that line as "swiss cheese" is one of the most asinine things I have ever read on this forum.

And 39-year old Kevin Mawae is unsigned a day and a half into free agency. His career must have sucked.

As for the WRs, first your claim was that poor Chad never had any Pro Bowlers. Wrong. He had two. Now, you've switched up your argument to "Well, they were short!". Give me a ****ing break.

I thought this **** ended two years ago. Little did I know that Penningtology is a religion that never dies.

The **** you post about wishing injury on a guy sickens me.

WRs over 5' 10" im still waiting.

It did. Seems that the haters want to hang on to the hating of this guy more than the ex-supporters want to keep talking about him. Debate can be fun and this one was the most talked about topic among Jets fans for years. You didn't want a debate when you put Pussington in the header?

The **** you post about wishing injury on a guy sickens me.

WRs over 5' 10" im still waiting.

He had two ****ing PRO BOWL receivers in Coles and Moss. Who gives a **** how tall they were, seriously? They were tall enough to be Pro Bowlers with ****ing PATRICK RAMSEY and MARK BRUNELL throwing to them, weren't they?

If you were a Panthers fan, I suppose you'd be in tears over the release of Jake Delhomme. Poor Jake. It was all Steve Smith's fault. That short little bastard.

It did. Seems that the haters want to hang on to the hating of this guy more than the ex-supporters want to keep talking about him. Debate can be fun and this one was the most talked about topic among Jets fans for years. You didn't want a debate when you put Pussington in the header?

Silly me.

I assumed the nostalgia factor for a guy that won the same amount of playoff games in six years as Mark Sanchez did in one would be over-shadowed by the fact that he plays for our most hated nemesis.

Silly me.

I assumed the nostalgia factor for a guy that won the same amount of playoff games in six years as Mark Sanchez did in one would be over-shadowed by the fact that he plays for our most hated nemesis.

It should be over-shadowed, I agree. Can't stand the Phags, I hope Chad loses every game if he plays.

People still love to talk about Chad when he was with the Jets, years of compiling arguments with stats and opinions, If the past is brought up, the pissing match will begin.

Archived