KERRY RHODES TRADED!!!!

SoFlaJets

I woke up this morning and feel no differently about this trade. We got fleeced. Hard. Lose a starter and get nothing significant in return.

We should have let him run around looking busy this season too so we get nothing significant or insignificant for him in 2011.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you think we got equal value for him? SMH.

Consider this:

The Jets traded a 2011 3rd rounder (could be 2nd rounder) for a soon-to-be 26 yr old former All Pro CB.

The Jets got a 2010 4th rounder for a soon-to-be 28 yr old S (a lesser position than CB), who was a former 2nd team All Pro.

In comparison, that's fair value for Rhodes.

So you think we got equal value for him? SMH.

I do - but I thats coming from a stance that where I think he hurt more than he helped. Also think his character defects have deteriorated to the point where he wasn't going to have some kind of re-birth - only go further downhill.

And I really don't think he's got the physical skills some think he does.

Consider this:

The Jets traded a 2011 3rd rounder (could be 2nd rounder) for a soon-to-be 26 yr old former All Pro CB.

The Jets got a 2010 4th rounder for a soon-to-be 28 yr old S (a lesser position than CB), who was a former 2nd team All Pro.

Exactly.

What is fair value for Rhodes? Not, what would have it been awesome to get for a player that we didn't want here, who didn't want to be here, and who really made very few plays in 2 years.

I would have highlighted this:

Side note: I can understand some wanting to question what the Jets got in return for Kerry Rhodes. While a 4th round pick (and a 7th in 2011) is not ideal, I think the word had quickly spread around the NFL that Gang Green was not happy with Kerry. Teams are not stupid, especially when Rhodes was due a $2 million dollar bonus on the 12th. I think Gang Green got what they could for Kerry and cut their losses.

I woke up this morning and feel no differently about this trade. We got fleeced. Hard. Lose a starter and get nothing significant in return.

:D Yes, they held a gun to Mr. T's head and forced him to take the deal.

I kinda think we got what he is worth and got rid of an expensive headache at the same time. As far as losing a starter, there is no game today. Mr. T is running this team now. Not Bradway. His replacement is more than likely not on the team yet.

Consider this:

I thought the Cromartie trade was an excellent value. I thought the Jets robbed the Chargers at a time when they were desperate to move him.

The Jets getting fleeced in a similar way doesn't serve to make me feel good about the Rhodes deal.

Just saying.... I understand the Jets obviously wanted him gone.

Good points in this thread. If you look at what the Cards got for Boldin...this is apparently what Rhodes is worth. Does seem low but that is how the NFL works these days.

I wonder how value would change if there was a rookie salary cap?

Kerry Rhodes was a liability to this DEFENSE. We all saw how much of a lackluster performance he put forth, he played only showing up when he felt like. Teams that win Super Bowls dont have these types of players. I liked Kerry Rhodes and how he played the game,too bad it wasnt lately.

I am positive Rex and Tanne will bring in a player that will make us forget Kerry Rhodes.

I just don't foresee to many situations where I'll find myself saying, 'Man, I wish we still had Kerry Rhodes back there' next season.

I doubt we start Eric Smith, and any of the guys available will be on par, if not an upgrade, and I think it's pretty obvious he was a negative force in the locker-room.

I remember hearing early on that he was miserable that Revis had eclipsed him. Obviously we can't really confirm that, but if true, it's the definition of a guy you don't want on your team.

heard you guys traded that p***y Kerry Rhodes. Who's playing safety now?

A couple of nobodies. Great move. :rolleyes:

I guess you do learn something new everyday...

Apparently, we learned today that Eric Smith and James Ihedigbo are better than Kerry Rhodes! (extreme sarcasm)

:face:

124 confirms Rhodes trade is great move for Jets by hating it!

Ha. Okay dip****. You're a worthless piece of garbage, the fact that you're writing for this website shows how badly this place has fallen.

Another compliment from a Pats fan!

Me: Jets season ticket holder. Actually goes to games and cheers on his team. Went out to Indianpaolis for AFC Championship Game.

You: Another human being in the state of Florida because you cant afford New Jersey/New York.

Carry on scumbag.

No wonder you were forced out of every place else before you landed your sorry, pathetic, rib eating ass here.

I hope someone murders you. Sincerely.

Nommed.

I wonder if any of this may also have to do with an urgency to get Rhodes and his attitude very far away from his buddy Braylon Edwards. Could be a peripheral factor in essentially throwing Rhodes out on the street.

I think Sanchez moreso.. been saying since that stupid rhodes commercial on NFLN where edwards / sanchez we're hanging out @ that dirtbag rhodes place

A couple of nobodies. Great move. :rolleyes:

I guess you do learn something new everyday...

Apparently, we learned today that Eric Smith and James Ihedigbo are better than Kerry Rhodes! (extreme sarcasm)

Joe, it's evident that Rhodes didn't want to be here anymore...perhaps it was a mutual thing with him and Rex if you revisit the press conference below about Rhodes coming back next season, it all makes sense now...

"This one I don't really want to talk about much, because there's an individual thing that Kerry and I have talked about," Ryan said. "I'd rather just keep it individual."

Ryan said the talk he had with Rhodes took place Monday and "eight weeks ago," which is about the time he benched the safety for his play in the Jets' 31-14 loss to the Patriots on Nov. 22.

"I'm just going to leave it as I had a conversation with Kerry and, you know, I am man enough to live out my end of the bargain, so to speak," Ryan said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz0hRvgjx0c

Me: Jets season ticket holder. Actually goes to games and cheers on his team. Went out to Indianpaolis for AFC Championship Game.

You: Another human being in the state of Florida because you cant afford New Jersey/New York.

Carry on scumbag.

No wonder you were forced out of every place else before you landed your sorry, pathetic, rib eating ass here.

Somebody didn't get laid last night.

Ha. Okay dip****. You're a worthless piece of garbage, the fact that you're writing for this website shows how badly this place has fallen.

Carry on scumbag.

You're taking football and the internet way too seriously dude...

Imagine whats going through Kerry Rhodes mind right now. He was just traded from a team on the verge of winning a Super Bowl to a team whos rebuilding.

My guess? he's thinking about his untapped twitter market in Arizona or how long the flight to LA is from Phoenix.

Archived