KERRY RHODES TRADED!!!!

SoFlaJets

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right why bother planning drafting anyone next year... all those college kids are going to the cfl... :shutit:

This was a great trade, Rhodes would not have played a full time starter role anymore.. and after this year he would most likely be worthless and a player who would just be cut.

LT did more for the Chargers last year than Rhodes did for the JETS... how many picks did the chargers get for LT?

Dude a 7th round pick aint sh!t.

They really had to have had a backup plan for this... we better sign somebody within the next 2 days if not thats a horrible move organizational-wise, even logically we should have gotten a 3rd even if we had to give a 5/6 back, ridiculous.

This really blows. i was hoping to open this thread and see we got marshall or something we could use. a fourth round pick. what the f are we going to do with that.

You guys are living in a dream world. The dude got benched this year, has had virtually no production for two years, asks for votes to the pro bowl on his twitter page, misses team activities in the offseason to pursue modeling...The guy is just not a football player.

If you don't think Rex wants to bring the pain all over the field, you are sorely mistaken. Rex wants a punishing defense and you just can't have that when the last man back hits like a half a loaf of bread.

It's addition by subtraction, I wouldn't have been surprised if they cut him after next year (or whenever his contract is up).

I'm pumped whoever we bring in will have an attribute, whether that is hitting, intercepting or blitzing...i could care less...at least he'll have an attribute. Good riddance Fairy Rhodes, we are that much closer to a Super Bowl with him leaving the green and white to men that actually want to play.

No seriously, F-ck the JETS.

How the hell do you trade for a useless ass 7th round pick.

Kerry was atleast worth a goddamn 3rd this year. F-CK a 4th and double f-ck a future 7th.

I'm level 10 pissed off right now.

Are you kidding? A fourth rounder is more than good for a mediocre safety who doesn't fit the system, and who everyone on the team including Rex despises. Leon Washington, Elvis Dumervil and Brandon Marshall were all fourth round picks in the same draft. Not to mention, Keri was drafted in the fourth round as well. This draft is insanely deep, and there is talent to be had.

Really??????? What are you smoking tonight gotta be some excuse for comments like that. Nobody is that stupid.

Watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWroHILuG-I

Dude Taylor Mays f-cking blows. The knock on him is that he's lost out on the field the majority of the time. He's a physical specimen but a sucky player. As someone alluded, he's the goddamn Vernon Gholston of safetys.

A 4th and a useless 7th were good enough for Rex and Tannenbaum. Says alot about their opinion of Rhodes.

Find me a safety that got a team better trade value in the last 5 years... this is top dollar for someone who was obviously not going to be here forever anyways.

Rhodes = cancer

Tannenbaum-Ryan combo = chemotherapy

Ryan clearly just wants him out of his locker room at any price. Got to figure he knows what he wants on defense and Rhodes wasn't it.

Nommed.

I wonder if any of this may also have to do with an urgency to get Rhodes and his attitude very far away from his buddy Braylon Edwards. Could be a peripheral factor in essentially throwing Rhodes out on the street.

Dude Taylor Mays f-cking blows. The knock on him is that he's lost out on the field the majority of the time. He's a physical specimen but a sucky player. As someone alluded, he's the goddamn Vernon Gholston of safetys.

Dude???? I aint nobodys dude woman-----------:P Taylor Mays can lay the pipe something you need---------:shutit:

Taylor Mays is a Kerry Rhodes clone extremely gifted as an athlete but a big *****.

Some scouts actually call him the Vernon Gholston of free safety!

Than you've never really seen Rhodes play huh?? What does everyone on here harp on rhodes for and biitch about?? The fact that he is a pusssy and doesn't hit hard.

Mays is the exact opposite; he is known for going for the big hit, trying to lay someone out rather than for his fluid hips and coverage skills. But the knock on him is not that he won't mix it up; it's that he is extremely raw.

If anyone can teach the kid to play safety he is gonna be a stud; but I'm with ya in that I don't want it to be us.

Than you've never really seen Rhodes play huh?? What does everyone on here harp on rhodes for and biitch about?? The fact that he is a pusssy and doesn't hit hard.

Mays is the exact opposite; he is known for going for the big hit, trying to lay someone out rather than for his fluid hips and coverage skills. But the knock on him is not that he won't mix it up; it's that he is extremely raw.

If anyone can teach the kid to play safety he is gonna be a stud; but I'm with ya in that I don't want it to be us.

Thank you Joe finally somebody whos not high or drunk---------:cheers: Until the last sentence.

This is f-cking bullsh!t.

WTF is tanny doing trading for next year pix when there might not be football next year. Im pissed the f-ck off.

I'm sure he'll still take pictures with his shirt off for you next year in Arizona. Let the men enjoy this. I get it, I'd be upset for awhile to if we traded away Megan Fox but I'd also realize she had a vagina and didn't belong on an NFL football team. You'll get over it as well.

I'm sure he'll still take pictures with his shirt off for you next year in Arizona. Let the men enjoy this. I get it I'd be upset for awhile to if we traded away Megan Fox but I'd also realize she had a vagina and didn't belong on an NFL football team. You'll get over it as well.

I saw what you tried to do there, you FAILED horribly though.

EPIPHANY:

The Jets traded a 2011 3rd rounder (possibly 2nd rounder) for a 25 yr old CB who was a former All Pro.

The Jets got a 2010 4th rounder for a 27 yr old S that's never made the pro bowl.

Looking at it like that, that seems like proper value for the Jets.

I'm over it because it's done with now.

But a 2011 7th rounder is absolutely worthless. Tanny looks stupid with that inclusion. That's an UDFA in the 2010 draft.

I can agree with that SMC. I would have prefered a conditional pick that could have been at least a 5th.

I'm sure he'll still take pictures with his shirt off for you next year in Arizona. Let the men enjoy this. I get it, I'd be upset for awhile to if we traded away Megan Fox but I'd also realize she had a vagina and didn't belong on an NFL football team. You'll get over it as well.

POTW nominated----------:cheers:

Nommed.

I wonder if any of this may also have to do with an urgency to get Rhodes and his attitude very far away from his buddy Braylon Edwards. Could be a peripheral factor in essentially throwing Rhodes out on the street.

It's a good point. Edwards needs a better role model to emulate. Someone like Antonio Cromartie.

I saw what you tried to do there, you FAILED horribly though.

Dude .... she grinds ..... drop it

It's a good point. Edwards needs a better role model to emulate. Someone like Antonio Cromartie.

Braylon Edwards just mailed packages of frozen sperm out to as many groupies as he could before Cromartie gets them. Ain't no way B-Easy isn't gonna be King of the Jewels.

But, seriously, Rhodes and Edwards were roll dawgs. If Rhodes was going to be a pain in the ass, the coaches have to prefer he didn't get the chance to do it in sight of their stud receiver.

Really??????? What are you smoking tonight gotta be some excuse for comments like that. Nobody is that stupid.

Watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWroHILuG-I

visi,

Taylor Mays is probably the most overrated possible 1st round pick. He's Vernon Gholston at Safety. Boom/bust player with very stiff hips and who gets lost in coverage A LOT. He's a paper tiger. Now, with that said, I can see Rex falling in love with him thinking he can teach him to cover. But putting Mays one on one over a TE in the NFL spells complete and total doom right now. I would prefer the Jets to stay as far away from him as possible. There are better Safeties to be had in later rounds.

STOP---wear it to bed nobodys gonna see it or take it off of you--------:shutit:

Wanna know a secret?

I still wear my NOW USELESS white Chad Pennington jersey to sleep. ( Santana Moss too) Should I donate it Haiti or something?

Archived