1 member has voted

1. 1. Should we sign LT?

• Yes, he would fit in nicely as a complementary back
    • No, he's finished.
    • I don't care one way or the other.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But this thread has absolutely 0 to do with Thomas Jones. Should we sign LT, yes or no. We know your opinion, but regardless of whether we sign LT, we're not going to have Thomas Jones this year so who gives a flying .... about Thomas Jones.

Reason I mentioned it was that we should be trying to upgrade this position, not downgrade.

My point is TJ deserves more credit, not the O-line. Thought that was obvious...

I got your point and it's absurd.

Again, got your so-called "point." I edited that part out because it wasn't valid.

it's not valid to say Greene played exceptionally well in every game he had a chance to do so?

Don't bother looking into why he had troubles. That would make too much sense. And "troubles" is putting it mildly; we were 31st in the league. I boldfaced "31st" for a reason, because a QB can't achieve that by himself. Guess you missed that.

Lol.. Yes, it's not the rookie QB with 12 college starts under his belt, it's the Oline that's been together for 2 straight seasons and is loaded with first round talent.

I suppose you imagine sticking Rodgers, Rivers, Brees, Brady, Manning, Romo, McNab, Schaub or any other competant QB in there would've produced similiar results? No chance paco..

I voted Yes.

LT's catching ability makes the offense unpredictable and better than if Jones was here. Jones was basically an older, worse version of Greene. The Jets would have a more dynamic offense with Greene/LT/Leon than if TJ was here.

+1

I thought TJ was solid and quite dependable ... but rarely dynamic or a game changer. LT provides this potential

And with o-line considerations, I think LT could be very successful as a jet. Green/LT/Leon gives us three very different style and successful backs.

As a sidebar, I wonder if the alleged rhodes/TJ scrap has anything to do with this move. While not shocking, both of these releases were a little surprising and I wonder if locker room chemistry considerations factor into these decisions.

It means opponents game planned around TJ, not our rookie RB.

The idea that Greene shredded the Bengals and Chargers simply because they didn't gameplan for him is so stupid that I feel a weird sort of bullying guilt even pointing it out. That said, your tacit acknowledgment that Greene and Jones' skillsets differ so significantly as to necessitate separate gameplans pretty much negates whatever paltry argument you were trying to make in the first place.

Good thing this thread is here. God forbid this brainless argument end once we actually sign someone.

Maybe if you didn't spend your entire life cruising messageboards and trying to convince yourself that you're smart, you wouldn't have responded to such a "brainless argument" yourself, would you, Mr. Pseudointellectual?

People who keep saying that TJ is better than LT honestly just stop. TJ was good because of one reason and that was how good our O-Line was, he's not a good RB he never made moves to get extra yardage he just got exactly what the O-Line gave him. Do you really think LT won't be able to at worst do the exact same thing? And LT is good in short yardage another plus for the run game.

Its pretty obvious the front office did not think much of TJs skills if they could have kept him at the same price KC payed. No offense to some of you armchair GMs but I'm pretty sure the front office and coaching staff know a lot more than you and if the think LT is a better option I tend to agree.

I don't care either way.

I do think that signing LT is paving the way for them to let Leon go for whatever they can get, though. As much as I like the idea of more picks in this draft, I think the team's better off with Green/Leon as a 1-2 punch.

What do we really need from a third back that Chauncey Washington, a UDFA, or summer cut can't give us?

I suppose you imagine sticking Rodgers, Rivers, Brees, Brady, Manning, Romo, McNab, Schaub or any other competant QB in there would've produced similiar results? No chance paco..

Wrong. I agree, and that was gonna be my next point.

Being a rookie, Sanchez needed the O-line to OVERcompensate, give him a reliable pocket, extra time to work. Not a "pocket" that consistently collapsed around him like a phone booth door. After all, he is no Favre, Manning, Brady, or Brees. But even they get better protection. The kid was running for his life every friggin' week. If you recorded the games, go back and watch them. Wasn't until Cinci II did he receive solid protection where our O-line was pushing the pocket out, like better teams do, like for those QBs you mentioned.

No.

Makes no sense.

I hope someone signs him soon and its not the Jets so we can stop all this nonsense. Too many of you are stuck and the name and cant see that he's donezo.

It does make sense for the reasons stated about.

If gives the Jets more options at RB and makes them less predictable in the running game. Jones simply did what Greene does, but worse. LT gives the Jets more options and teamed with Greene and LT would help the Jets have a dynamic backfield.

LT is a back up and he'll be better for the Jets than TJ because of his different skillset compared to Jones.

I do think that signing LT is paving the way for them to let Leon go for whatever they can get, though.

Bingo.

Folks, we wouldn't be bringing LT in to complement Greene and Leon. We'd be bringing him in to replace Leon. Why the hell would LT come here to be the # 3 option when he can be the clear # 2 and 3rd down back for the Vikings, who also reached their conference title game?

I voted no.

Most people that are opposed to this would rather draft a running back late. I'd rather have LT than not, since I think he still has something left in the tank and he brings that veteran leadership.

I am of the mindset it is best to draft RBs. (As opposed to say WR, where I think it is smart to trade or go for FA) Runningback is a position that is not particularly hard position to learn and often a guys best years are his first 3 or 4. And then he starts to decline due to injuries and being banged up. This tends to be the case with RB more than any other position. LT is gonna want money based on what (and get from some team) he has done in the past, not what he is capiable of doing now (which is less)

Maybe if you didn't spend your entire life cruising messageboards and trying to convince yourself that you're smart, you wouldn't have responded to such a "brainless argument" yourself, would you, Mr. Pseudointellectual?

LOl @ n00bs goin hard.

Archived