1 member has voted

1. 1. Should we sign LT?

• Yes, he would fit in nicely as a complementary back
    • No, he's finished.
    • I don't care one way or the other.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday appears to be decision day for former Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson.

According to a source, Tomlinson's agent Tom Condon is planning to negotiate with both the Minnesota Vikings and New York Jets on Sunday to see if a deal can be finalized. According to the source, Condon isn't sure which direction the talks will go.

The San Diego Union Tribune reported Sunday that Tomlinson was leaning towards going to the Jets. Tomlinson visited the Vikings on Thursday and the Jets on Friday before flying back to San Diego Saturday morning to decide about his next professional stop.

The Jets offer a running offense that can spread 38 carries among three backs as they did last season with Thomas Jones, Shonn Greene and Leon Washington. Jones was cut and signed a two-year, $5 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs.

If Brett Favre decides not to retire, the Vikings might offer Tomlinson the better chance to go to a Super Bowl, but Favre's future remains uncertain.

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

The rumors are 2 for 5mill just like TJ got.

Fine with me. I'm not in love with LT, but if they think he's worth a little more than TJ I'm fine with it. I don't want to break the bank for the guy, but 2.5 per isn't much. I don't think it means Leon is a goner. It just gives us more versatility in case somebody pulls the trigger on the #2 for Leon.

Haha LT doesn't realize how dumb Brian Schottenheimer is. Wait until he finds out.

Except that's why he's coming.

Sunday appears to be decision day for former Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson.

According to a source, Tomlinson's agent Tom Condon is planning to negotiate with both the Minnesota Vikings and New York Jets on Sunday to see if a deal can be finalized. According to the source, Condon isn't sure which direction the talks will go.

The San Diego Union Tribune reported Sunday that Tomlinson was leaning towards going to the Jets. Tomlinson visited the Vikings on Thursday and the Jets on Friday before flying back to San Diego Saturday morning to decide about his next professional stop.

The Jets offer a running offense that can spread 38 carries among three backs as they did last season with Thomas Jones, Shonn Greene and Leon Washington. Jones was cut and signed a two-year, $5 million deal with the Kansas City Chiefs.

If Brett Favre decides not to retire, the Vikings might offer Tomlinson the better chance to go to a Super Bowl, but Favre's future remains uncertain.

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

Clayton is useless as a source for Jets info. Absolutely useless.

That said, if it is a "bidding war" then the Jets will be out of it IMO. Not because they don't want to spend, but since they wanted to get LT for Jones' KC money.

at the end of the day, sanchez and injuries will have a ton more impact on how far we go next year then anything LT will do..

This.

It's all about Sanchez and team health. LT's impact is giving Sanchez more options, that's it.

Sanchez or bust.

I hope that while LT's agent is trying to extort more money out of the Jets they have somebody in a back room watching film of LT over the last two years. It's not just the Chargers' OL that contributed to his cliff diving numbers.

Ticket-selling move.

So obvious, too.

We could easily find a RB in the draft to duplicate anything Tomlinson will produce this year.

Woody's so transparent.

Who says they wont draft a RB? Nobody thought they would last year with TJ and Leon... now Greene is the starter.

They know what they can get from LT and they NEED a vet RB to help the young guys and protect Sanchez in tough passing downs.

LaDainian Tomlinson and the New York Jets reached an agreement Sunday on a two-year deal, according to an NFL source.

Tomlinson spent Thursday with the Minnesota Vikings, Friday with the Jets and Saturday flying home to San Diego.

Before he left New York, Tomlinson told some within the Jets organization that he would return soon. He kept his word.

Tomlinson is expected to share carries with running back Shonn Greene.

Adam Schefter is an NFL reporter for ESPN Insider.

Jets agreed to terms with RB LaDainian Tomlinson on a two-year contract.

Tomlinson, 31 in June, does give the Jets another option at the goal line, but his addition is probably more of a threat to Leon Washington's 2010 fantasy outlook than Shonn Greene's. Greene is clearly the team's new go-to back, while Washington may now be primarily counted on to return kicks as opposed to change-of-pace and third-down duties as he comes off a compound leg fracture. LT obviously doesn't have much left, but he could perhaps still offer some value on 8-10 touches per game off the bench.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/10487471218

Archived