1 member has voted

1. 1. Should we sign LT?

• Yes, he would fit in nicely as a complementary back
    • No, he's finished.
    • I don't care one way or the other.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to see what Shell-T has left. I am not sure how to feel, exactly, but I would like to think he will improve the team.

My main concern is parting ways with Leon. Perhaps I am being too sentimental, but he is one of my favorite players to have donned the G&W.

I hope we keep LW since there will be no cap and LT may be one and done.

oh yea...yea Lowery went to SD State didn't he? He knows how great LT is and that he should give it to him (LT might have to fork over some $$$)

I think Lowery went to San Jose State.

I guess this is a good move as long as he fully accepts his role as the backup.

UNcapped does have its perks... this move is nothing but upside...

Why all this excitement over a washed up up future HoF'er? You guys must've been stoked when Art Monk pulled on a Jets' jersey.

now let's get Leon Washington signed :)

Tanny's taking the next best deal that comes across his desk for Leon. LT was the last missing piece in replacing Washington - he'll handle the 3rd downs, while Brad Snith handles the wildcat and KOR's.

if we get rid of Leon Washington for an over the hill 31 yr old RUnning back it will be the dumbest move ever.

LT should be behind Shonn Greene and LW

You are trying to over simplify the way it works...

There is no set order... you don't give it to one guy because it is his turn...

LT would be a 3rd down back.. someone who can protect Sanchez and catch a pass...

Leon if able to after his injury would still be a change of pace 2nd down type of RB or if the JETS are down by 10+

Greene would be the guy who carries the load...

There is no such thing as being behind someone as a RB anymore when it comes to your #2 #3 #4 RB etc it is all situational...

I don't get the excitement over signing a guy who's numbers have dropped every year the past three years.

The guy is a first ballot HOF'er, but I think there was more left in TJ's tank than Tomlinson's.

No doubt, AFAIC.

This should be about LT's ability to catch out of the backfield, we'll see how that plays out this year.

Guy is clearly Leon's replacement, IMO. Jets ran two backs all year last year, with Leon and Shonn splitting the season. That'll be the plan this year. And the Jets will not run the ball as much as they did in 2009. There just aren't the carries for three guys.

I don't get the excitement over signing a guy who's numbers have dropped every year the past three years.

The guy is a first ballot HOF'er, but I think there was more left in TJ's tank than Tomlinson's.

No way dude

LT has tread....Watch TJ behind that sh1t line in KC....won't get 1000

No way dude

LT has tread....Watch TJ behind that sh1t line in KC....won't get 1000

Given the two team's OL's, I guess LT should beat out Jones by a good yard per carry next season - or, nearly the opposite of what they did in 2009. We'll see.

Jones definitely won't rush for 1000 as the backup in KC, just like LT won't come close to that number here.

No doubt, AFAIC.

This should be about LT's ability to catch out of the backfield, we'll see how that plays out this year.

Guy is clearly Leon's replacement, IMO. Jets ran two backs all year last year, with Leon and Shonn splitting the season. That'll be the plan this year. And the Jets will not run the ball as much as they did in 2009. There just aren't the carries for three guys.

i don't think the Jets are looking to move Leon. If someone is willing to pay the 2nd round tender the Jets may feel they are getting good value and let him go, but i don't think they have to get rid of leon to make room for tomlinson.

even tho last year they ran mostly with 2 backs (because of injuries), the plan going into the season was to carry 3. I think that will be the plan again this year, which makes sense at this position.

if we get rid of Leon Washington for an over the hill 31 yr old RUnning back it will be the dumbest move ever.

I love Leon but I would get rid of him in a heartbeat for a high 3rd or better. Turning down a decent offer for a 28 year old scat back coming off a major injury (who didn't exactly shine before getting hurt last year) would be a much dumber move than singing LT.

This tells me that Leon is out of here for a 4th or 5th round pick. No one is giving up a 2nd in this draft for Washington.

Not even Al Davis is that stupid

never gonna happen. for a 2nd maybe...no way will they give him away for a 4th or 5th. having a 3-headed attack of greene, washington, tomlinson is a great thing to have

I love Leon! But he's not that young anymore. I still want him on this team though.

Archived