dolphann4life

Should we sign LT?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should we sign LT?

• Yes, he would fit in nicely as a complementary back
    • No, he's finished.
    • I don't care one way or the other.

Poop.

We just signed a washed up, broken down, cry baby, pusswah who disappears when it means the most.

Lets all collectively pray that Greene and Leon stay healthy in 2010.

All of this except for cry baby and pusswah describes TJ. LT also can catch the ball, something TJ couldn't do. At worst this is a wash. I just don't see how anyone can complain about this signing.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a tool Prisco is. Geez! Tomlinson rushed for 3.3 yards/rush last year.

Thank you. I couldn't believe he got that wrong. Funny thing, he hurt his case a bit by putting the average higher than it was.

All of this except for cry baby and pusswah describes TJ. LT also can catch the ball, something TJ couldn't do. At worst this is a wash. I just don't see how anyone can complain about this signing.

Not only that, LT has openly accepted his role as a backup on this team. We don't know if TJ would've done the same or how that would've gone over in the lockerroom. Let's not pretend those factors didn't play into the reasoning behind why LT is here and TJ is in KC.

It's what we would have had to pay TJ. I don't see the correlation from a money standpoint.

Well from a pure money standpoint it doesn't make sense. But when you throw in the fact that LT will be doing similar things Leon would be doing (3rd down back, spelling Greene), AND that we tagged Leon at the 2nd round level to entice offers, then it seems clear to me we're looking to move him.

Well from a pure money standpoint it doesn't make sense. But when you throw in the fact that LT will be doing similar things Leon would be doing (3rd down back, spelling Greene), AND that we tagged Leon at the 2nd round level to entice offers, then it seems clear to me we're looking to move him.

Perhaps IF they can get a 2nd rounder. I don't see them moving him for anything less. IMO the Jets are really gearing up for a SB run this year, especially with the uncertainity of the 2011 season. That being the case, why not keep both playmakers? LW is a terrfic KO returner 3rd down back.

Poop.

We just signed a washed up, broken down, cry baby, pusswah who disappears when it means the most.

Lets all collectively pray that Greene and Leon stay healthy in 2010.

He's a backup signed for backup money.

This negative reaction to the signing of a backup player is insane.

He's a backup signed for backup money.

This negative reaction to the signing of a backup player is insane.

It's a step back from what we had.

For a team designed to running the ball, it makes little sense, and more than likely opens up more holes to fill.

Chester Taylor, 31 yrs old, Signed a 4 year $12.5 million contract with the Bears on March 5, 2010

People are really complaining about the Jets signing LT to a 2 yr deal for $5.1 million?

Really?

Chester Taylor, 31 yrs old, Signed a 4 year $12.5 million contract with the Bears on March 5, 2010

People are really complaining about the Jets signing LT to a 2 yr deal for $5.1 million?

Really?

Don't bother, people will just throw Taylor's YPC numbers at you to prove that he's actually a better player than LT and the Jets were still wrong. Come on SMC, I would figure by now you'd at least have realized that while you can surely debate people on these subjects, trying to rationalize their opinions is a futile effort, and certainly isn't going to change a damn thing. Haven't we been through that enough times in the past? :biggrin:

no way!

Yes Way!!! As a running back, he is more equal to Jones. the advantage is he has better hands as a receiver out of the backfield. Gives Sanchez more options when pressured.

OOps. Mods please add to the other merged threads. Been away all day with no sports news till I got my email from the NYJ

I just don't see anything that TJ could do on this team that LT At worst, this is a lateral move.

He can catch passes out of the backfield, which Greene does not do, which TJ was not overly adept at, and is something this offense needs.

With the uncertainties around Washington, a pass catching RB was a necessity. Tomlinson works well in space

Archived