dolphann4life

Should we sign LT?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should we sign LT?

• Yes, he would fit in nicely as a complementary back
    • No, he's finished.
    • I don't care one way or the other.

That.

Or that the guys balls drop playing for a tough team, and he helps the Jets get a ring.

I just cant associate LT with tough. Nothing about him is tough. Hopefully someone on this team can instill that in him.

The only thing that I like about this signing is that LT has a distinct hate for the Patriots. Which should be a prereq for being on the Jets, but he's also a pusswah who likes to cry about the Pats dominance...so this should be interesting.

All of this except for cry baby and pusswah describes TJ. LT also can catch the ball, something TJ couldn't do. At worst this is a wash. I just don't see how anyone can complain about this signing.

I think its stupid. We should go for youth and health. Not injury prone washed up pusswah's who have gay dances on youtube.

Lets all collectively pray that we KEEP Leon. Signing LT for the kind of money that we did tells me we're moving Leon.

That's my fear and I much rather have Leon at this point in his career...assuming he's still the same player.

He's a backup signed for backup money.

This negative reaction to the signing of a backup player is insane.

Signing an old washed up cry baby RB is insane. We should have looked at youth. RB's are a dime a dozen and its a young man's position. Hopefully LT proves me wrong but me no likey.

And it amazes me that so many people cant see those who are taking a similar stance point of view.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just cant associate LT with tough. Nothing about him is tough. Hopefully someone on this team can instill that in him.

The only thing that I like about this signing is that LT has a distinct hate for the Patriots. Which should be a prereq for being on the Jets, but he's also a pusswah who likes to cry about the Pats dominance...so this should be interesting.

I think its stupid. We should go for youth and health. Not injury prone washed up pusswah's who have gay dances on youtube.

That's my fear and I much rather have Leon at this point in his career...assuming he's still the same player.

Signing an old washed up cry baby RB is insane. We should have looked at youth. RB's are a dime a dozen and its a young man's position. Hopefully LT proves me wrong but me no likey.

And it amazes me that so many people cant see those who are taking a similar stance point of view.

First, this whole "pusswah" thing is lame and doesn't work for me. You're funnier and more creative than that.

Second, assuming Leon Washington is going to be the same player is an awfully big assumption, despite what his moron agent says. Tanny and Rex have seen the guy more than any of us. They know if he's gonna be 100% or not.

Third, the last time I checked, Leon is still on this team. Why do some assume that the LT signing automatically means Leon is gone? The dude hasn't so much as met with another team yet and probably wouldn't pass a physical before the deadline to sign an RFA to an offer sheet.

First, this whole "pusswah" thing is lame and doesn't work for me. You're funnier and more creative than that.

Second, assuming Leon Washington is going to be the same player is an awfully big assumption, despite what his moron agent says. Tanny and Rex have seen the guy more than any of us. They know if he's gonna be 100% or not.

Third, the last time I checked, Leon is still on this team. Why do some assume that the LT signing automatically means Leon is gone? The dude hasn't so much as met with another team yet and probably wouldn't pass a physical before the deadline to sign an RFA to an offer sheet.

LT is a pusswah. A big whiny cry baby pusswah. I know he's a Jet now and some wont admitt it, but as soon as he isnt happy with the way things are going and he's crying on the sidelines under his visor, we will all be reminded of his pusswah attitude that he brought with him for SD. Can you imagine his reaction if that Pats beat us next season?

The physical part of Leon is a good point. I think its just more of a nervous reaction and fear that we are losing my favorite player on offense.

LT is a pusswah. A big whiny cry baby pusswah. I know he's a Jet now and some wont admitt it, but as soon as he isnt happy with the way things are going and he's crying on the sidelines under his visor, we will all be reminded of his pusswah attitude that he brought with him for SD. Can you imagine his reaction if that Pats beat us next season?

The physical part of Leon is a good point. I think its just more of a nervous reaction and fear that we are losing my favorite player on offense.

Well, we traded away your favorite player on defense and pretty much 99% of the fanbase agreed trading the Queen of the Pusswah's Kerry Rhodes was a great move.

LT behind this line? Can't wait. Will he be the LT of 2006? No. But he will average over 4ypc, easily, and be the best RB out of the backfield for this organization since FB Richie Anderson.

Hmmm... That remains to be seen. I tend to doubt it.

LT provided a true complement to Shonn. Jones was a less-powerful version of the same type of RB. The move makes plenty of sense.

I get the logic, but fail to see how LT is an upgrade over Leon in this role - even coming off the broken leg, which generally heal at a rate of close to 100%. The only thing I see him bringing to the table that Leon doesn't is goal line rushing ability, which is a plus.

But by bringing in LT, it seems clear that they either have no faith in Washington, plan to move him, or both.

Shonn Greene replaces TJ, LT replaces Leon.

Well, we traded away your favorite player on defense and pretty much 99% of the fanbase agreed trading the Queen of the Pusswah's Kerry Rhodes was a great move.

Kerry wore thin on me, you know this and I'm happy we shipped him out. And FTR, The Big Jenk has been my favorite defender since he's arrived. And I dont see what that has to do with LT pusswahness...lol

Can we PLEASE collectively agree to stop using the word "pusswah", unless of course you're describing Klecko? It is getting a bit redundant. Thanks.

Shut up you pusswah.

I get the logic, but fail to see how LT is an upgrade over Leon in this role - even coming off the broken leg, which generally heal at a rate of close to 100%. The only thing I see him bringing to the table that Leon doesn't is goal line rushing ability, which is a plus.

But by bringing in LT, it seems clear that they either have no faith in Washington, plan to move him, or both.

Shonn Greene replaces TJ, LT replaces Leon.

Thats my fear and at this point in their careers, I'd prefer Leon.

The thing that no body knows at this time, is, what is Leon now? It is not a hamstring pull he is coming back from.

I'd put my life on it that whatever he is it will be better than Tomlinson, we at leats know for a fact that he is done, that much is proven.

I'd put my life on it that whatever he is it will be better than Tomlinson, we at leats know for a fact that he is done, that much is proven.

And the Jets have options of getting another RB through any number of means.

What Tomlinson does is provide insurance of a dependable back, who understands the rigors of the NFL position.

Leon is about as big a question mark as there can be. You can not let that be your back up.

I killed the Jets more than anybody for the circus that was the Favre signing. This signing does not have that earmark, nor is the expectation that this will energize the fan base.

This signing is what it is-A move to provide depth at the RB position with someone who has handled a workload, would substitute as a starter for a game or 2 if the need arises, and fills the role for the Jets of a RB that can catch the ball out of the backfield (something they sorely lacked).

The Jets are not getting him or, nor are expecting 2006 version of LT. That is not what the money he signed for make him, nor are the expectations.

This move provides depth. Depth in today's NFL does not mean that you must be all-pro. People are confusing what LT was, and thinking that is what the expectations that the Jets have will have of him today. I am sure they are under no such illusion.

And the Jets have options of getting another RB through any number of means.

What Tomlinson does is provide insurance of a dependable back, who understands the rigors of the NFL position.

Leon is about as big a question mark as there can be. You can not let that be your back up.

I killed the Jets more than anybody for the circus that was the Favre signing. This signing does not have that earmark, nor is the expectation that this will energize the fan base.

This signing is what it is-A move to provide depth at the RB position with someone who has handled a workload, would substitute as a starter for a game or 2 if the need arises, and fills the role for the Jets of a RB that can catch the ball out of the backfield (something they sorely lacked).

The Jets are not getting him or, nor are expecting 2006 version of LT. That is not what the money he signed for make him, nor are the expectations.

This move provides depth. Depth in today's NFL does not mean that you must be all-pro. People are confusing what LT was, and thinking that is what the expectations that the Jets have will have of him today. I am sure they are under no such illusion.

I don

I think bottom line is that Jones might be better #1 RB than LT at this point, BUT, the Jets are looking for a backup and a 3rd down pass option, aka Leon insurance.

I think they view LT as doing those things better than a backup Jones could provide.

If Greene hadnt emerged like he did, I guarantee you Jets would have preferred Jones over LT as a #1 RB option.

Some of you are underestimating the role a backup running back is going to play in a run heavy offense with an almost unproven starter.

The Jets don't have to end their RB roster creation with this move.

You made the point about LT yourself, to give them protection with a young starter with a proven vet.

It would have been horrible to go into the year with:

-Greene starter

-Washington back-up

-Draftee or Free agent signing (rookie) backup.

THAT would make me nervous

I wish I could be excited about this signing, but I remember Art Monk, Ronnie Lott and Brett Favre.

This!

I agree witht he poster that said this is a PSL move. I mean the JETS saw up close what LT had left in the tank in the AFC Divisonal round smh.

Im not happy about this signing at all but it is what it is. It'll be interesting to see what he does behind our O-line.

L.T. sees a "substantial role" in New York

Posted by Mike Florio on March 15, 2010 7:41 AM ET

So why did running back LaDainian Tomlinson eschew a shot at playing in purple for an opportunity to help christen the new stadium built next to the spot where the original L.T. became a superstar?

Agent Tom Condon told Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News that Tomlinson views the Jets as a "championship-caliber team," and that Tomlinson believes he has a chance for a "substantial role" with his new team.

Other factors, per Cimini, included the uncertainty regarding the playing status of Vikings quarterback Brett Favre and Tomlinson's comfort with Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, son of former Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer.

Of course, each of those factors existed before Tomlinson visited Minnesota. And so it sounds like the Vikings might have gotten played a little (or a lot) by L.T., and that Minnesota's interest possibly was used to leverage the Jets into a deal bigger than the one they were willing to pay to Thomas Jones.

If so, we hope Jim Trotter of SI.com, who pushed heavily the notion that L.T. was "really wowed" by the Vikings and that the Jets would "have to bring it," gets a piece of that $5.1 million that Tomlinson will make over the next two years.

Assuming that L.T. has enough left in 2010 to persuade the Jets not to do to him what they did to Jones 10 days ago.

I don’t think “dependable” backs should be valued at all. The position is all about physical ability, something that is rapidly declining in LT. Young backs that can make plays are the only show in town and that’s the sad truth, it’s a cruel business but that’s the life of a RB. The position is about explosiveness, not steadiness.

Its amazing really especially after a few years of having TJ as our starter. You'd think we could see past this. The problem is IJ, he's not steady. He's far from it. Especially now that he's always banged up.

Everyone keeps saying "he's a back up, he's a back up". Well, he might not be. Greene is injury prone and who knows if he can be a starter. Leon may never be the same. If Murphy Law comes into play here, then LT just became our starter. That sucks because he sucks. And then what if one of his injuries surface. The Jets will be officially ****ed in the one area that is most important to their offense.

This is no different than our WR position. If Cotch or Edwards go down, we are F'd at that position. So whats the solution? Go sign a Joey Galloway type? No thanks. Dont know why its pretty much unanimous that with our WR need that everyone wants a young stud. Why is the RB position different? Especially considering that its a position for the youth of the league.

Why do you assume that the Jets won't pick up another young back via draft or cuts? Those that feel as you do automatically assume this and/or that LT is replacing LW when there really is no evidence to support it.

As far as LW, do you really think any team is stupid enough to sign him to an offer sheet not knowing the true status of his leg? Not going to happen,and I highly doubt the Jets give him away for anything less (unless of course they know he's done, and then this becomes a moot point).

Also, if LT is as bad as you say, don't you think Chauncey or any other young back they bring in will beat him out? One thing Rex has proven is that you will not play if you aren't getting it done.

This is a backup making backup money. He can be cut very easily if he's not getting it done.

Why do you assume that the Jets won't pick up another young back via draft or cuts? Those that feel as you do automatically assume this and/or that LT is replacing LW when there really is no evidence to support it.

As far as LW, do you really think any team is stupid enough to sign him to an offer sheet not knowing the true status of his leg? Not going to happen,and I highly doubt the Jets give him away for anything less (unless of course they know he's done, and then this becomes a moot point).

Also, if LT is as bad as you say, don't you think Chauncey or any other young back they bring in will beat him out? One thing Rex has proven is that you will not play if you aren't getting it down.

This is a backup making backup money. He can be cut very easily if he's not getting it done.

It is far too early, and much a stretch to label Greene as "injury prone" at this point.

The Jets don't have to end their RB roster creation with this move.

You made the point about LT yourself, to give them protection with a young starter with a proven vet.

It would have been horrible to go into the year with:

-Greene starter

-Washington back-up

-Draftee or Free agent signing (rookie) backup.

THAT would make me nervous

Why, becuase they might have a few more fumbles? I couldn't disagree more.

The fact of the matter is that kind of backfield (If it was a draftee anyway) would scare the hell out of opposing teams because to go along with out great blocking we could have backs capabale of going the distance, or capable of gaining yards after contact, or just making plays. You think teams are afraid of a quite obvuiously broken down Tomlinson? Who can do absolutely none of those things?

Why, becuase they might have a few more fumbles? I couldn't disagree more.

The fact of the matter is that kind of backfield (If it was a draftee anyway) would scare the hell out of opposing teams because to go along with out great blocking we could have backs capabale of going the distance, or capable of gaining yards after contact, or just making plays. You think teams are afraid of a quite obvuiously broken down Tomlinson? Who can do absolutely none of those things?

If Tomlinson can be characterized as "breaking down", what exactly does one characterize Washington as, coming off two broken bones in the same leg, one being a compound fracture.

Would "extreme question mark" be a fair enough characterization? And I am supposed to be comfortable with that, and that "scares the hell" out of opposing teams?

It scares the hell out of me, is what it does.

This!

I agree witht he poster that said this is a PSL move. I mean the JETS saw up close what LT had left in the tank in the AFC Divisonal round smh.

Im not happy about this signing at all but it is what it is. It'll be interesting to see what he does behind our O-line.

Let me ask you and anyone else that thinks this is a PSL move: Would you buy a PSL because the Jets signed an old LT as a backup? OK, now how many people do you think will spend their hard earned money soley for this reason?

Woody is a businessman and isn't going to force a decision that could affect the teams success (that WILL sell PSL's) to sell very few if any for signing an old LT.

The Favre signing was partly about selling PSL's but at the same time was a move improving the team by significantly improving the QB position.

This signing is all Tanny/Rex and not selling PSL's.

Also, if LT is as bad as you say, don't you think Chauncey or any other young back they bring in will beat him out? One thing Rex has proven is that you will not play if you aren't getting it down.

All valid points. I'm not overly concerned about Leon's return. Yes its obviously questionable, but like someone pointed out, you can comeback from this injury...see Darren Sproles. Now that doesnt automatically mean he'll be fine, so I get your angle.

I dont know. Maybe its the fact that we signed best RB of the past decade that makes me think the Jets are done looking at the RB position. The name, the numbers, etc. He made a conscious decision to come here because he thinks he'll have a big role. I think the Jets told him this...thats why I assume we're done with RB.

But who knows.

It is far too early, and much a stretch to label Greene as "injury prone" at this point.

As well as its far to early to claim he is a sure fire starter work horse in the NFL.

If Tomlinson can be characterized as "breaking down", what exactly does one characterize Washington as, coming off two broken bones in the same leg, one being a compound fracture.

Would "extreme question mark" be a fair enough characterization? And I am supposed to be comfortable with that, and that "scares the hell" out of opposing teams?

It scares the hell out of me, is what it does.

Leon Washington as an "extreme question mark" is an upgrade over Tomlinson.

There are no question marks with Tomlinson, he just sucks.

A

As well as its far to early to claim he is a sure fire starter work horse in the NFL.

Correct.

So the pronouncement that LT is an inadequate back-up, because there is proof that Greene will go down is a fallacy.

Maybe it will happen, but maybe Sanchez goes down too. Are we to get Peyton Manning as back up if there is that inevitability?

Leon Washington as an "extreme question mark" is an upgrade over Tomlinson.

There are no question marks with Tomlinson, he just sucks.

Really? LaDanian Tomlinson "sucks?"

Well considering your love for Kerry Rhodes, I'll take this assessment with a grain of salt. It's been a rough offseason for you.

Archived