**Official Ladainian Tomlinson Thread** [Merged]

dolphann4life

Should we sign LT?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should we sign LT?

• Yes, he would fit in nicely as a complementary back
    • No, he's finished.
    • I don't care one way or the other.

LT has nothing more to prove...he wants the best chance of going out with a ring. And in my opinion, that road to the SB is best served in Minny.

AFC East has a little more difficult path than the NFC North.

Sage Rosenfels or Travaris Jackson definitely give you the best chance to win a SB.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LT has nothing more to prove...he wants the best chance of going out with a ring. And in my opinion, that road to the SB is best served in Minny.

Minny has no QB right now and if they do it will be the same Brett Favre that falls apart every year.

Minny has a #1 RB, no question about it he would have a 0% chance at starting.

The JETS have a 2nd year RB and Leon... while it may not be a great chance to start because we all love Greene... lets be realistic it is a damn good chance compared to Minny.

Also the JETS are better than 2009 while the Vikings are most likely going to be worse.

Favre coming back?

That would be a huge LOL at LT if he has to try to get to the SB with Tavaris Jackson at QB.

Does he never come back? If he doesn't, then all bets are off.

My point is, that let's say LT wants to make a decision by today, March 12, where to sign.

He has no guarantee on March 12 that Favre is coming back. Is his "hunch" that Favre is coming back good enough for LT to sign probably his last NFL contract with the Vikings???

That's a heck of a gamble with your final NFL contract.

LT has looked washed up for OVER 2 years now, and has sit out of some of the biggest games in Chargers' franchise history.

Why do we want this guy again? Again, washed up for OVER 2 years!

Agreed.

It's hard to assume what he wants. If he is humbled by the past 2 years and realizes his best days are behind him, perhaps he wants to play for a "winner". Yes, the Vikings are probably better off than us but as SMC pointed out, they don't have exactly a concrete situation at QB.

LT knows we are committed to the run and have a good O-Line as well as a good defense. Not a bad situation for him to walk into.

I only want him if he's humble enough to accept a back-up role for less money and less carries. Basically he's gotta accept the fact he's a role player, not THE GUY on our offense. If he expects lots of money or to be the feature back or even the 50/50 back, send him packing.

LT has looked washed up for OVER 2 years now, and has sit out of some of the biggest games in Chargers' franchise history.

i fear the only answer is that he is cheaper than resigning the guy we had last year who was healthy the entire regular season and put up 1400/14.

I kinda feel the same way. Plus, he was due more money than we were willing to pay TJ, who (unlike LT) has been healthy and coming off his two best years.

On the bright side, we can get more creative with LT offensively. That's the main thing I'm excited about.

I think he's gonna be a Jet. I imagine Shoddy will push it through. LT has the character and dedication similar to Curtis Martin, despite what others have wrongfully claimed.

Also, he probably doesn't wanna play on turf in Minnesota.

My point is, that let's say LT wants to make a decision by today, March 12, where to sign.

He has no guarantee on March 12 that Favre is coming back. Is his "hunch" that Favre is coming back good enough for LT to sign probably his last NFL contract with the Vikings???

That's a heck of a gamble with your final NFL contract.

I understand, but at his stage of his career and his last contract, you don't think he has an inside track as to what Favre will do? I would think with his rep, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's talked to Favre.

Hey, let's wait and see...if it's strictly about his last paycheck, all this is moot because he won't be coming here.

I see this as a threat to Leon, too. LT does (did) what Leon did (does). Leon will esentially become the designated kick returner.

Only thing about LT is this, imo: He's a proud man and a legendary player. You'd have to think that backing up Adrian Peterson is an easier pill for him to swallow than backing up a relatively unaccomplished Shonn Greene. If LT chooses to come here over Minnesota, it means that he thinks he can beat out Greene and wants no part of a back-up role, which could get messy.

I'd say just the opposite. he'll be less over shadowed under Greene and Sanchez then Peterson and favre. in Minnesota they don't need his leadership. in New York he'll be a veteran HOFer leading the young players to a championship.

also the Jets are a running team which will give LT more importance right away. He will be part of the Jets identity and therefore an important cog in the machine.

picking up LT, like Pool, will give us more flexibility in the draft to take the BPA.

Ohm Youngmisuk and Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News report LaDainian Tomlinson left Vikings headquarters Thursday without a contract and now will be wined and dined by Rex Ryan and the Jets, who are very serious about signing the future Hall of Fame running back, according to multiple league sources.

Tomlinson reportedly left Minnesota very impressed by the Vikings but wants to talk to other teams. He reportedly has visits with other teams lined up for next week and may visit the Eagles and Saints, who have former Chargers quarterback and good friend Drew Brees to recruit Tomlinson.

Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer coached Tomlinson in San Diego and the running back is familiar with Schottenheimer's style. The Jets, who can sign Tomlinson because he was released by the Chargers, need someone to spell Greene. Tomlinson can catch passes out of the backfield and serve as a goal-line back.

I think L.T. seeing first hand how successful the Jets' running game really is is another motive to want to sign with us. Rex is a very charismatic coach and Tanny usually finds a way to get his guy. The fact that LT still wanted to visit the Jets after being "wowed" by the Vikings means he would definitely want to play here as well.

The guy is totally washed up. He has zero tread wear left on his tires. He is shot. He has the same high mileage on him that Tomas Jones had. I don't get it. We need fresh legs. What am I missing? Please help me see what I am missing here.

What about Mike Bell-RB?

I understand, but at his stage of his career and his last contract, you don't think he has an inside track as to what Favre will do? I would think with his rep, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's talked to Favre.

Hey, let's wait and see...if it's strictly about his last paycheck, all this is moot because he won't be coming here.

Brett Favre turns 41 in October.

Is LT retiring after this year? In other words, is this a 1 year deal for LT because if he thinks he still has 2 or 3 good years in him why would he sign with the Vikings with the chances of Favre playing in 2011 are essentially nonexistant?

a) Good backfield blocker

B) 10 times the reciever out of the backfield that Jones ever was

c) Much better burst to the hole than Jones ever had, and now would be running behind the best run-blocking OL in the league

d) Doesn't have his panties in a twist against the Jets FO/CS for diminished carries in 2009

e) The Electric F***ing Glide, baby!

Because we're looking for a 3rd RB, and he'd do alright for us if he came cheap enough.

Let me ask you this since you brought up the money angle. As a fan, why do you care how cheap or expensive he would be? Personally, I just want this team to win games...we can pick up another RB in the draft who can give us more years. Woody on the other hand might be looking at this as a way to sell tix.

Let me ask you this since you brought up the money angle. As a fan, why do you care how cheap or expensive he would be? Personally, I just want this team to win games...we can pick up another RB in the draft who can give us more years. Woody on the other hand might be looking at this as a way to sell tix.

amen but good luck explaining why fans shouldn't really care about $$ in an uncapped year.

The guy is totally washed up. He has zero tread wear left on his tires. He is shot. He has the same high mileage on him that Tomas Jones had. I don't get it. We need fresh legs. What am I missing? Please help me see what I am missing here.

What about Mike Bell-RB?

I can't tell you what you're missing. Looks to me like you've got it completely figured out, and I agree with you.

The only thing I can think of is that they want to move Leon for as little as a third round pick, and having LT in the fold will allow them to use him as their third down back in Leon's place. A guy like Mike Bell would be more of a TJ replacement. A banger, not a receiver like LT and Leon. And I'm wondering if they think they have their own Mike Bell in the form of Chauncey Washington.

...we can pick up another RB in the draft who can give us more years

A lot of folks mention drafting a RB this year. If I'm the Jets, I don't enter this draft looking for a RB. I want to know what I have in Shonn Greene as a full time starter first, and I want to know what Leon's like post-injury.

It could be that the Jets will need a starting RB next year, depending on how Greene responds. Or they could need a 3rd down guy. Or maybe Shonn, Leon, and Chauncey are the perfect trio, and they don't need anybody! But I'd wait the year unless the trade Leon or a RB jumps out at them as the BAP from the 4th round on.

What about Mike Bell-RB?

We're only looking for a third option and he offers way more versatility then Jones. I don't care if we get him or not, but I like him better then I did TJ. Neither of them impresses me with their running but at least Tomlinson can catch. If we can't get him cheap though I won't lose any sleep over Minnesota taking him. Finding a 3rd option at running back isn't a huge concern for me. It'll get taken care of or maybe it already is with Chauncey Washington.

Archived