• Yes, he would fit in nicely as a complementary back
    • No, he's finished.
    • I don't care one way or the other.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jets | LT to stay overnight

Fri, 12 Mar 2010 15:10:05 -0800

Randy Lange, of NewYorkJets.com, reports unrestricted free-agent RB LaDainian Tomlinson (Chargers) met with the New York Jets Friday, March 12, and he went to dinner with Jets personnel including general manager Mike Tannenbaum and head coach Rex Ryan. Tomlinson will stay in town overnight and his plans for Saturday, March 13, are unknown.

That's it, we've got no shot. LT played for San Diego, where they have hot cheerleaders that do the players... if we think we are going to impress LT with a bunch of Sdaden I-lend bar flies we got another thing coming!

Same old Jets. :P

I think he will love them. :P New York at night is 1000x better than Minnesota at night to say the least.

Rumors swirling that Tomlinson will sign with Jets

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 12, 2010 6:26 PM ET

Free agent running back LaDainian Tomlinson hasn't found a new team just yet. But as he visits with the Jets, the rumors are swirling that he's close.

We've caught wind of a rumor that Tomlinson will, in fact, sign with the Jets. Although you should file this under "rumor" rather than "report" right now, suffice to say that it's a strong rumor coming from a good source.

Tomlinson was meeting with the Jets this afternoon, and the New York Daily News reports that Tomlinson is spending another night in town.

Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum and coach Rex Ryan are trying hard to get Tomlinson, who's also considering the Vikings, to commit to the Jets, and the indications are that the Jets are going to get their man.

LT's production seemed to slip when Norv arrived, I also think our line is much better at the point of attack then SD's. It is also obvious that LT has better vision then TJ has ever had.

I also dont see LT as a downgrade from TJ, it's more of a wash or upgrade.

All I know I would love to see LT regain his form on our team next year, which I think is worth a shot and very possible.

Semper Fi

If LT regains his old form, it's going to be the Jets year. Just too many things going right. Maybe Gholston will even get a sack.

Free agent running back LaDainian Tomlinson hasn't found a new team just yet. But as he visits with the Jets, the rumors are swirling that he's close.

We've caught wind of a rumor that Tomlinson will, in fact, sign with the Jets. Although you should file this under "rumor" rather than "report" right now, suffice to say that it's a strong rumor coming from a good source.

Tomlinson was meeting with the Jets this afternoon, and the New York Daily News reports that Tomlinson is spending another night in town.

Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum and coach Rex Ryan are trying hard to get Tomlinson, who's also considering the Vikings, to commit to the Jets, and the indications are that the Jets are going to get their man.

2010 is going to be an action packed year and we didnt even hit the draft yet!

Cant see them dishing $$$ to LT if he isnt gonna be the #2. Also couldnt see LT coming here if he knows carries will be split among 3 backs evenly. Would Washington be the odd man out? thoughts?

Washington will not command high $$$ because he had an injury that 99.99% of the time takes away speed and cut ability from skill players. Now if someone is willing to give him a big deal, then the JETS will let him walk and should.

Florio, that putz, is beating the living bajeezuz out of this story... clearly, the lack of a true free agency frenzy this season has made an impact on the "media."

So, if the Jets get LT... they have brought in another veteran after his prime. Great, he should be a solid contributor... but how about a story on who the Jets are showing interest in for the upcoming draft???

Well I know they wouldnt then go and give Leon a big deal but I guess Im just wondering on the 2-3 order.

There is no such thing, you have #1 and the rest are all situational.

If the JETS are up by 21 it would be LT if they are down by 7 it would be Leon.

Florio, that putz, is beating the living bajeezuz out of this story... clearly, the lack of a true free agency frenzy this season has made an impact on the "media."

So, if the Jets get LT... they have brought in another veteran after his prime. Great, he should be a solid contributor... but how about a story on who the Jets are showing interest in for the upcoming draft???

This is what an uncapped season does...

that wouldnt make sense because noone is guaranteed to be where we are and if we expressed any real interest that would leave teams in position to trade up to steal a falling player we wanted

I believe he is staying another night because of the weather and lack of flights out of here as opposed to being close to signing.

There are no canceled flights and if he were out of here it would be on a private JET to Minny.

He is a better version of Thomas Jones, a veteran who can block and start in a pinch.

You cant just throw Greene Leon and a Rookie back there, Sanchez will be Pennington version 2.0 in no time even with a stud OL.

I'm curious to know too, but I wouldn't want other teams to get a good sense of what our draft board looks like, would you?

lmao that does make sense, pairing lt and cro would be cool and itd be exciting to see them run out of the tunnel this year idc how old he is he can still be good with our line

Kinda funny actually, since it would mean we picked up two players who did next to nothing in their former team's playoff loss to us.

A lot of folks mention drafting a RB this year. If I'm the Jets, I don't enter this draft looking for a RB. I want to know what I have in Shonn Greene as a full time starter first, and I want to know what Leon's like post-injury.

It could be that the Jets will need a starting RB next year, depending on how Greene responds. Or they could need a 3rd down guy. Or maybe Shonn, Leon, and Chauncey are the perfect trio, and they don't need anybody! But I'd wait the year unless the trade Leon or a RB jumps out at them as the BAP from the 4th round on.

I like adding Tomlinson to the other three, I think it gives you the ability to completely swear off taking a RB in the draft (unless a 1st rounder falls into your lap in the 3rd and you can't resist value but that ain't happening). Knowing that RB isn't a need at all helps us so much when it comes to the draft.

that wouldnt make sense because noone is guaranteed to be where we are and if we expressed any real interest that would leave teams in position to trade up to steal a falling player we wanted

Wait. What doesn't make sense? :rolleyes:

I'm curious to know too, but I wouldn't want other teams to get a good sense of what our draft board looks like, would you?

I am not implying that the "media" find out exactly who the Jets are interested in, and then report it. I am however suggesting that the upcoming draft, and speculation about who the Jets "might" want to select is far more compelling at this point than signing the "shell of LT2."

For me in an uncapped year, I care about the money because I know that the Jets don't have unlimited financial resources. The more you overpay for one player may mean the inability to pay a more deserving player. In that sense, it's hurting the chance to win in the long term.

As to LT, if he signs with the Jets that doesn't preclude the team from drafting a RB. Heck, I think it increases the likelihood that it will. IMO, look for the Jets to draft a RB in the 5th or 6th round.

I think the JETS interest in LT centers on the fact they will draft a RB in the draft. Only place I disagree is they will grab one early rather than later. My guess is Dexter McCluster. Earlier there were rumors the JETS fell in love with him. Also, explains the second round tender (bait) on Leon.

LT provides a little more versatile threat (compared to TJ) in tandem with Greene. McCluster replaces Leon in the return game plus additional plays from the slot and a change of pace at RB.

Archived