1 member has voted

1. 1. Should we sign LT?

• Yes, he would fit in nicely as a complementary back
    • No, he's finished.
    • I don't care one way or the other.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Number one, the young and speedy Darren Sproles had a crap yards per carry last year with the Chargers so I don't think LT's problems are entirely his own. If you put LT and Thomas Jones behind the same line I think the HOFer would come out on top. So I don't mind the idea of signing LT.

What doesn't make sense to me are the rumors that LT is being offered the same 2 year $5M contract Jones got with the Chiefs. If you aren't going to save any money than just stick with old reliable.

Number one, the young and speedy Darren Sproles had a crap yards per carry last year with the Chargers so I don't think LT's problems are entirely his own. If you put LT and Thomas Jones behind the same line I think the HOFer would come out on top. So I don't mind the idea of signing LT.

What doesn't make sense to me are the rumors that LT is being offered the same 2 year $5M contract Jones got with the Chiefs. If you aren't going to save any money than just stick with old reliable.

Clearly the Jets feel that they are upgrading for the same cost. Besides, moving Jones into a backup role on this team could cause complications in the lockerroom and furthermore, its entirely possible that the Jets were really left THAT unhappy with Jones' performance down the stretch that they lost all faith in him. Lets be honest, every one of Jones' backups had a higher per carry average than he did, so it says a lot more for the line than it does him.

LT's '09 YPC was 3.3 (career lowest); TJ's was 4.2

Just heard on XX1090 Sports Radio (San Diego) that the Jets offered LT $3.5M bonus + $2M base ($5.5M total) but they didn't mention how many years.

TJ behind SD's line looks terrible for 15.. LT behind NYJ line looks good for most games.

Not really possible to gain big yardage when 2 defenders are in the backfield on every running play. That OL in SD was designed to passblock.

wise man once told me that you judge performance based on what you see on the field. ;)

Did he play every game? Then he was healthy enough to play, and I judge performance based on what I see on the field. He was DONE by week 14. The coaching staff knew it and increased Greene's role.

Just heard on XX1090 Sports Radio (San Diego) that the Jets offered LT $3.5M bonus + $2M base ($5.5M total) but they didn't mention how many years.

TJ ran behind the Jets line.

LT ran behind SDs

Just saying....

I look at it this way.. If LT was DONE, SD would have benched him.

WOW what really happened between TJ and the JETS-------:confused:

wise man once told me that you judge performance based on what you see on the field. ;)

Exactly, and you're using stats... Stats don't tell the entire story. I had LT on my fantasy team last year, so I watched him every game. There were 1, sometimes 2 guys in the backfield on almost every running play. Not to mention they only seemed to run in OBVIOUS run situations, so the D teed off of the run.

TJ ran behind the Jets line.

LT ran behind SDs

Just saying....

I look at it this way.. If LT was DONE, SD would have benched him.

Did he play every game? Then he was healthy enough to play, and I judge performance based on what I see on the field. He was DONE by week 14. The coaching staff knew it and increased Greene's role.

Exactly, and you're using stats... Stats don't tell the entire story. I had LT on my fantasy team last year, so I watched him every game. There were 1, sometimes 2 guys in the backfield on almost every running play. Not to mention they only seemed to run in OBVIOUS run situations, so the D teed off of the run.

nice so your opinion is based on fantasy football. i think i've proven my point here. :)

You just ethered your own argument SMH.

nice so your opinion is based on fantasy football. i think i've proven my point here. :)

Which is what exactly? That you know better than Tannenbaum, Ryan and the personnel department? I mean, your money argument just got flushed down the toilet with all of this LT news, so I'm not sure I know what your point is.

Which is what exactly? That you know better than Tannenbaum, Ryan and the personnel department? I mean, your money argument just got flushed down the toilet with all of this LT news, so I'm not sure I know what your point is.

aec4's a big boy although i'm sure he's relieved that you rushed in here to bail him out. and by the way, i was debating people here who argued that the TJ wasn't worth the money by pointing out that (a) money doesn't matter so if (B) the jets cut him due to money they were idiotic.

so -- and i know this won't be understood by those who base their life's worth on being "correct" on a messageboard -- but i am quite happy that it looks like the jets decision wasn't based on money.

You just ethered your own argument SMH.

No I didn't.. the entire point was I watched the games.... It was frustrating as a fantasy owner, but I could see he still was quick (not 5 yrs ago quick) but his OL was horrid.

Not for the coin he was scheduled to make..... Noone thinks TJ was done, and we didn't keep him... COIN decision.

ah with friends like these, huh aec4?

aec4's a big boy although i'm sure he's relieved that you rushed in here to bail him out. and by the way, i was debating people here who argued that the TJ wasn't worth the money by pointing out that (a) money doesn't matter so if (B) the jets cut him due to money they were idiotic.

so -- and i know this won't be understood by those who base their life's worth on being "correct" on a messageboard -- but i am quite happy that it looks like the jets decision wasn't based on money.

If you think I based on opinion on fantasy football, English must be a second language. I said, I had him on my fantasy team, SO I WATCHED ALL THE GAMES, and Based on what I saw in the games, he still had a decent 1st step.... but his OL was horrid.

My mistake, I didn't realize you two were having a private conversation. The fact that you have had the same bickering argument with others, including myself, for days must be completely irrelevant. Sorry for so rudely interrupting. I don't even know how I was able to access this personal exchange between you two. You'd think this was some sort of public forum or something.

The point being, you had a stance that few agreed with, but were obnoxiously arrogant about it. Now that you've been proven wrong, you've taken the same approach with a different argument. Clearly the Jets couldn't disagree with your opinions more, and call me crazy, but I'm going to take their side on this one.

My mistake, I didn't realize you two were having a private conversation. The fact that you have had the same bickering argument with others, including myself, for days must be completely irrelevant. Sorry for so rudely interrupting. I don't even know how I was able to access this personal exchange between you two. You'd think this was some sort of public forum or something.

The point being, you had a stance that few agreed with, but were obnoxiously arrogant about it. Now that you've been proven wrong, you've taken the same approach with a different argument. Clearly the Jets couldn't disagree with your opinions more, and call me crazy, but I'm going to take their side on this one.

yes, and your sarcasm isn't arrogant at all.

obviously i wasn't obnoxious and arrogant enough since you can't even properly summarize my argument. i will redouble my efforts to inform you next time.

Mandisa is Rex Ryan's ploy to get more food.

Here is how it works. The 40 oz porterhouses come out, and Rex signals Mandisa to come out. LT and Tannenbaum see her, and get sick to their stomach and lose their appetite... Now Rex gets 3 40 oz'ers. He can eat 2 now, and use the 3rd to sausage his frosted flakes tomorrow morning.

Mandisa is Rex Ryan's ploy to get more food.

Here is how it works. The 40 oz porterhouses come out, and Rex signals Mandisa to come out. LT and Tannenbaum see her, and get sick to their stomach and lose their appetite... Now Rex gets 3 40 oz'ers. He can eat 2 now, and use the 3rd to sausage his frosted flakes tomorrow morning.

porthouse isn't worth the $$, he should cut it and then pick up the free agent ribeye from the table across the resturant.

It is all my fault. :-P

Archived