**Official Ladainian Tomlinson Thread** [Merged]

dolphann4life

Should we sign LT?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should we sign LT?

• Yes, he would fit in nicely as a complementary back
    • No, he's finished.
    • I don't care one way or the other.

yes, and your sarcasm isn't arrogant at all.

obviously i wasn't obnoxious and arrogant enough since you can't even properly summarize my argument. i will redouble my efforts to inform you next time.

Your only argument has essentially been "I'm right and you're wrong because I say so". Everything the Jets have done has said the organization disagrees with you on each and every one of your points, and frankly that's enough for me. The fact is you get the responses you do, because the second somebody dares to come up with a contradicting opinion, you act like a complete jackass and bring it all upon yourself. Combine that with the fact that outside of repeating the same tired lines that don't actually prove anything, you refuse to debate the point other than insult the other person and tell them they're wrong no matter how foolish the continually make you look in debate. Whenever someone brings up a counter point that makes you look completely wrong, you either ignore the post all together or make some useless asinine comment to try to deflect attention away from that.

Essentially, you're a Penningtologist but without the "aw schucks" gullibility factor or quite as long list of excuses.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your only argument has essentially been "I'm right and you're wrong because I say so". Everything the Jets have done has said the organization disagrees with you on each and every one of your points, and frankly that's enough for me. The fact is you get the responses you do, because the second somebody dares to come up with a contradicting opinion, you act like a complete jackass and bring it all upon yourself. Combine that with the fact that outside of repeating the same tired lines that don't actually prove anything, you refuse to debate the point other than insult the other person and tell them they're wrong no matter how foolish the continually make you look in debate. Whenever someone brings up a counter point that makes you look completely wrong, you either ignore the post all together or make some useless asinine comment to try to deflect attention away from that.

Essentially, you're a Penningtologist but without the "aw schucks" gullibility factor or quite as long list of excuses.

find the power button, go take a walk to burn off steam, and come back later. the site will still be here and you'll feel better, promise.

XO

I would think Cromartie is part of the dinner plans

He has to be luring LT here

That is a good point. Not sure if Cromartie is still in the area himself though. No easy way to tell. Does anyone have access to Rite Aid home pregnancy kit sales? Usually spikes when he is in town.

That is a good point. Not sure if Cromartie is still in the area himself though. No easy way to tell. Does anyone have access to Rite Aid home pregnancy kit sales? Usually spikes when he is in town.

He aint buying no pregnancy test. That's what the Maury show is for

vt2i0ts-uck

Jets | LT to stay overnight

Fri, 12 Mar 2010 15:10:05 -0800

Randy Lange, of NewYorkJets.com, reports unrestricted free-agent RB LaDainian Tomlinson (Chargers) met with the New York Jets Friday, March 12, and he went to dinner with Jets personnel including general manager Mike Tannenbaum and head coach Rex Ryan. Tomlinson will stay in town overnight and his plans for Saturday, March 13, are unknown.

That's it, we've got no shot. LT played for San Diego, where they have hot cheerleaders that do the players... if we think we are going to impress LT with a bunch of Sdaden I-lend bar flies we got another thing coming!

Same old Jets. :P

LT will have to elbow his way past Cromartie first. Cro is looking to break Shawn Kemp's record. Cro thinks ESPN's "30 in 30" is their challenge to him.

In all the other LT threads noone seems to explain why anyone thinks this guy can be a real contributer to the offense. If there was ever a running back more done than Thomas Jones, it's LT! Doesn't anyone remember the San Diego playoff game? He looked like he wanted contact even less than Cromartie. I know it's interesting to see if he would come here, but I for one don't want him at all. He will be a JAG with a big salary and an ego that won't let him be used as sparingly as he should. Plus he is no good on special teams. Get a young RB, sign Leon, and stop the nonsense with washed up future HOF'ers.

All you are judging on is stats. If LT was done, and the lack of a runnng game was LTs fault in SD, then why didn't Sproles run rampant? THEIR OL SUCKED.

LT is not a 25 carry a game back anymore... Noone is debating it, but he's PERFECT for what we need.

She doesn't get football. At all.

Guy is absolutely done, seriously. I've watched quite a bit of him over the last two seasons and it's painfully obvious that there's just nothing left. No breakaway speed, no moves, no breaking tackles. This would be an absolutely terrible signing IMO which makes no sense at all, broken down backs are never a good investment.

Tomlinson was a great back, but people really need to wake up if they think that's what the Jets would be getting. He's finished.

Only two reasons I can think of here.

--TJ was more banged up than the FO was letting on and they think at this point he's no better than LT.

--PSL's. He's a shell of his foromer self but "future hall of fame running back" might get a few fairweather fans who are on the bubble about buying tickets to pony up the cash.

That's all I got.

Guy is absolutely done, seriously. I've watched quite a bit of him over the last two seasons and it's painfully obvious that there's just nothing left. No breakaway speed, no moves, no breaking tackles. This would be an absolutely terrible signing IMO which makes no sense at all, broken down backs are never a good investment.

Tomlinson was a great back, but people really need to wake up if they think that's what the Jets would be getting. He's finished.

I like TJ. However, I think that D-Rex and Mr.T know what they want and know what they are doing. If they want LT , so be it.

dude, stick to soccer.

No running back is going to break 2 tackles in the backfield on every carry. He's not 2006 LT, no question, but he's as good if not better than Thomas Jones is right now, not to mention he can catch the ball out of the backfield and even now scores from the 1 yard line.

Archived