New York Jets Sign Brodney Pool

idahojetsfan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not too shabby. Obviously the Jets need to be careful with his health, but he absolutely fills the role left open with Rhodes departure and gets one year to prove that health isn't an ongoing issue. I like the signing. Also helps give the Jets more versatility in the draft.

To me it seems like a no brainer for Jets to draft pass rush OLB

Hughes

Kindle

Sapp

Anyone of those dudes will work

Not too shabby. Obviously the Jets need to be careful with his health, but he absolutely fills the role left open with Rhodes departure and gets one year to prove that health isn't an ongoing issue. I like the signing. Also helps give the Jets more versatility in the draft.

I hate the concussion history. He's one shot away from IR.

But if the Jets were feeling that they had to draft a safety next month, I'm glad they've given themselves a little breathing room.

We are 1 pass rushing defensive end away from being a completely dominant defense.

Nah...Now that we cut Sheppard and Strickland, we're going to need some more depth at that position still. If either Cro or Revis get banged up, I dont trust either Lowery or Coleman to step up into that roll. I think it would be a great idea if they brought either Strickland or Sheppard back on the cheap after the draft though....

Nah...Now that we cut Sheppard and Strickland, we're going to need some more depth at that position still. If either Cro or Revis get banged up, I dont trust either Lowery or Coleman to step up into that roll. I think it would be a great idea if they brought either Strickland or Sheppard back on the cheap after the draft though....

We let go of Strickland on the basis that he's always hurt yet we sign a guy who's had 4 concussions. I don't understand that. Strickland was one of our better defensive backs and I would love to have him back. As for Coleman...he's still here? wtf? He's David Barrett 2.0

People here generally don't think the concussion issue merited letting him go over 1.3M. Obviously I've seen him play a whole lot and I think he's good. I was partly joking before, but I also wouldn't underestimate how far going from the worst medical staff in the league to the best will go toward keeping him on the field.

4 concussions is a bit scary. But talent wise this is a no-brainer. He could start for this defense, they just have to keep him healthy.

That being said, concussions are no joke. So football aside, hopefully he can stay concussion free because that is scary stuff.

4 concussions is a bit scary. But talent wise this is a no-brainer. He could start for this defense, they just have to keep him healthy.

That being said, concussions are no joke. So football aside, hopefully he can stay concussion free because that is scary stuff.

Look at it this way...

We made it through last season with the #1 defense and that was with a free safety that refused to make contact with anyone. Having a free safety who shouldn't be making contact with anyone won't be too different :P

People here generally don't think the concussion issue merited letting him go over 1.3M. Obviously I've seen him play a whole lot and I think he's good. I was partly joking before, but I also wouldn't underestimate how far going from the worst medical staff in the league to the best will go toward keeping him on the field.

Could you elaborate on this a bit?

I hate the concussion history. He's one shot away from IR.

But if the Jets were feeling that they had to draft a safety next month, I'm glad they've given themselves a little breathing room.

If you Google "Brodney Pool concussion" it reads like he's practically a vegetable already. He was supposedly fitted for a special helmet already and they've apparently tried using neck rolls, etc. I like having this kind of player on the team, but I'm going to wince every time he's slow to get off the turf.

If you Google "Brodney Pool concussion" it reads like he's practically a vegetable already. He was supposedly fitted for a special helmet already and they've apparently tried using neck rolls, etc. I like having this kind of player on the team, but I'm going to wince every time he's slow to get off the turf.

It's easy to Google, too! Just type in "Brodney P," and "Brodney Pool concussion," will be the third choice they give you!

These frequent concussion guys scare me. I worry about them. Which is weird for me, because I really don't give a sh!t about anybody. But guys who leave this league because of head injuries go on to lead miserable lives. Pool is definitely a candidate for retirement right now.

It's easy to Google, too! Just type in "Brodney P," and "Brodney Pool concussion," will be the third choice they give you!

These frequent concussion guys scare me. I worry about them. Which is weird for me, because I really don't give a sh!t about anybody. But guys who leave this league because of head injuries go on to lead miserable lives. Pool is definitely a candidate for retirement right now.

You hear Al Toon now and even Chrebet and you can just hear in their voice that they're never going to be running on all cylinders again. Hopefully we don't have to watch Pool getting scraped off the deck.

Browns being the worst medical staff... I'd never hear anything about that, and now have pictures in my head of civil war surgeons on the sidelines.

Jurevicius. The staph infections. Kellen Winslow's balls. They manage to simultaneously let some injuries linger longer than they should while rushing other guys back to aggravate them. I'm not entirely sure they're even doctors.

Jurevicius. The staph infections. Kellen Winslow's balls. They manage to simultaneously let some injuries linger longer than they should while rushing other guys back to aggravate them. I'm not entirely sure they're even doctors.

And where did you get the info that the Jets have the best medical staff? That pretty much seems like baseless info pulled out of your ass.

Guys, it's one year. Yes, he's had concussions, and yes, having had them in multiples increases the risk of recurrence, but he's a good and cheap and we can just say a little prayer to the god of small sample sizes. Besides, I don't really remember anybody up in arms when Smith was penciled in to start let alone just to fill in for a couple games.

And where did you get the info that the Jets have the best medical staff? That pretty much seems like baseless info pulled out of your ass.

It's actually fairly well known. I don't think you realize how few major injuries the Jets have had compared to other teams for quite some time now.

It's actually fairly well known. I don't think you realize how few major injuries the Jets have had compared to other teams for quite some time now.

Also, don't have 2009 numbers, but the Jets had the fewest adjusted games lost (see FO for explanation) in 2008, and also the fewest for the period 2006-2008. The Jets are on a long run of fantastic health.

Yeah, Braylon like almost lost his arm from a staph infection, lol. Was in the hospital for a while.

Archived