New woe for Wes Welker

Maxman

Wes Welker now has two major injuries to battle back from.

The Patriots [team stats] receiver suffered a torn rotator cuff, a source confirmed to the Herald. Add that to the torn MCL and ACL in his left knee that robbed Welker of his postseason, injuries that will make getting ready for 2010 an uphill battle.

It’s not clear how Welker tore his rotator cuff, nor is a timetable for recovery clear. But it is an added roadblock for last season’s leading receiver, as he tries to come back from his already debilitating knee injury.

The news was first reported in a blog called Big Rips.

There are several variations of torn rotator cuffs, so it is difficult to gauge if this will prolong his fight back onto the field.

Welker, who led the NFL with 123 catches for 1,348 yards and four touchdowns, had surgery to repair torn knee ligaments on Feb. 2.

In comments posted on his foundation’s Web site after his injury, Welker said, “In time, I plan on coming back as the player I was and much more.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20100312wes_welker_also_battling_torn_rotator_cuff/srvc=home&position=3

This is a huge blow to the Patriots. Looking like they are going to be without Welker for a long time.

Because of the torn cuff? He's not playing QB. His knee will heel, but he may not be the same player. The cuff should not be an issue though. Just look at iron-man Penny!

Because of the torn cuff? He's not playing QB. His knee will heel, but he may not be the same player. The cuff should not be an issue though. Just look at iron-man Penny!

Yes but it is just another issue that he has to deal with. Going to take time for him to heal. 3 injuries is a lot.

Dude, that's classless to giggle about a players injuries.

Look at who you are talking about.

Yes but it is just another issue that he has to deal with. Going to take time for him to heal. 3 injuries is a lot.

It will not. A injury analyst on ESPN said his knee rehab is far enough along where neither will intefere with the other.

The knee is still the most serious injury and hopefully he can return at mid-season. Given how he fought to get to the NFL and make an impact I am not to worried about him getting back. Hopefully, the Patriots staff keep the restraints on him so he is not back too early.

It will not. A injury analyst on ESPN said his knee rehab is far enough along where neither will intefere with the other.

The knee is still the most serious injury and hopefully he can return at mid-season. Given how he fought to get to the NFL and make an impact I am not to worried about him getting back. Hopefully, the Patriots staff keep the restraints on him so he is not back too early.

Ted Johnson says hi

It’s not clear how Welker tore his rotator cuff, nor is a timetable for recovery clear.

Not clear to the Boston Herald is no surprise, but you'd think taking repeated sledgehammer sandwiches over the middle might be a hint. Welker must've played numb all season.

Frankly, I think it's awesome that NE has to deal with a key-player injury - like the Jets do every freakin' year.

I'm not worried about some rotator cuff injury - he's not the qb last time I checked - I'm WORRIED about the ACL and have doubts he will see the field next year at all. And, if by some miracle he does come back by...say...week 10...what am I getting?

When I go looking for lessons on class, the last people I'll seek out will be those with any connection to the city of Boston.

LOL!! You say that to a man that served in the military - and served this country on behalf of bafoons like yourself. Yup, you are all class, Zippy.

can't believe some turds are gloating over this injury. welker is a helluva competitor who has fought an uphill battle his entire career because of his size and being stuck with the offensively-challenged fins for the beginning of his career. he's a real rags to riches success story and it's because he works his tail off. i for one have a lot of respect for a player like that which seems rarer and rarer every year, especially in the ranks of prima donna WRs. hating a guy like welker who keeps his mouth shut and does everything that is asked of him and more reeks of jealously in my opinion. classless.

This doesn't concern me much. The knee is the bigger issue, it will heal first and have a greater potential to impact his game.

As this wasn't a real problem before the knee injury...either the injury happened on the same play or more likely was one of those minor could get surgery could play wiithout surgery time injuries and they figured being he was gonna be laid up for a while with the knee, might as well do both at the same time.

can't believe some turds are gloating over this injury. welker is a helluva competitor who has fought an uphill battle his entire career because of his size and being stuck with the offensively-challenged fins for the beginning of his career. he's a real rags to riches success story and it's because he works his tail off. i for one have a lot of respect for a player like that which seems rarer and rarer every year, especially in the ranks of prima donna WRs. hating a guy like welker who keeps his mouth shut and does everything that is asked of him and more reeks of jealously in my opinion. classless.

This. I have nothing but respect for Welker. It's too bad he wears the tainted laundry of the Flying Elvis, but he's a hell of a competitor and, from what I can tell, a good guy. Reminds me of Wayne Chrebet.

I'm not worried about some rotator cuff injury - he's not the qb last time I checked - I'm WORRIED about the ACL and have doubts he will see the field next year at all. And, if by some miracle he does come back by...say...week 10...what am I getting?

Word. I am hoping he is back after spending some time on the PUP.

When I go looking for lessons on class, the last people I'll seek out will be those with any connection to the city of Boston.

Gotta love the Skank fan that go looking for Sox fan. Yeah, 27 titles have taught them so much. :rolleyes:

zXmoNqFjOZc

And my personal favorite Stay Classy Yankee Fan moment.......

TwBa3XA3Sl4

This. I have nothing but respect for Welker. It's too bad he wears the tainted laundry of the Flying Elvis, but he's a hell of a competitor and, from what I can tell, a good guy. Reminds me of Wayne Chrebet.

I hated Chrebet, but that guy could play. He is one of those players you hate, until he is on your team.

:cheers:

Gotta love the Skank fan that go looking for Sox fan. Yeah, 27 titles have taught them so much. :rolleyes:

zXmoNqFjOZc

And my personal favorite Stay Classy Yankee Fan moment.......

TwBa3XA3Sl4

Haha! I f^cking hate baseball, but I hate the Bankees even more.

Archived