Has NY tossed Super Bowl chances away? Tampa Tribune

Kentucky Jet

You are correct Sir.

The NFL has a cold weather rule where the SB game will not be hosted in a region/city where temps are less than 50 degrees for the game.

NY Fed up big time not doming the new house. I like football outdoors too, and in any climate, but from a revenue generating standpoint it made so much sense.

um, read paragraph 3!!

Screw Roger Goodell anyway KJ-he's never done one good thing for this team yet

I actually do not care. It was a dumb idea to share a stadium and it serves them right to be feuding almost immediately. Woody is actually a bit of a dodo. Once you refused to separate yourself from the Giants you guaranteed second class citizenship. People are just going to think that the Giants are sharing their house because they have been for 26 years.

I actually do not care. It was a dumb idea to share a stadium and it serves them right to be feuding almost immediately. Woody is actually a bit of a dodo. Once you refused to separate yourself from the Giants you guaranteed second class citizenship. People are just going to think that the Giants are sharing their house because they have been for 26 years.

That's about my take on it. The place will be called "Giants Stadium" by jints fans and the media alike. You'll hear "whoops!," from guys in the booth years from now. I'm still sick that the Manhattan Project didn't go thru. Would've made the Jets the premier franchise in the NFL forever! Instead, they're second class forever.

But watch, you'll see Oakland and San Francisco sharing a stadium next.

Actually, outside of the NY area, NO ONE CARES.

You would not believe how insignificant this is if you don't live up there. I was stunned when I moved out of Jersey to find out how many people don't even realize the Jets don't play in their own stadium. And I'm not talking casual fans. I'm talking serious football fans who have multiple fantasy teams and follow their favorite teams as rabidly as we follow the Jets.

This is simply part of the "SOJ, woe-is-me, we're second-class citizens" mentality adopted by what I believe is a very vocal minority of Jets fans in the NY area and exploited by douchebag Giants fans, the local media and worthless internet trolls.

That's about my take on it. The place will be called "Giants Stadium" by jints fans and the media alike. You'll hear "whoops!," from guys in the booth years from now. I'm still sick that the Manhattan Project didn't go thru. Would've made the Jets the premier franchise in the NFL forever! Instead, they're second class forever.

But watch, you'll see Oakland and San Francisco sharing a stadium next.

That's being discussed as we speak. Al Davis may be the only hurdle towards making that a reality.

It just makes good financial sense.

When the Giants and Jets have to make their SB presentation to the owners I hope Woody pulls a Hollywood Hogan.

967c.jpg

Woody turns on his co-presenter Jon Tisch, hitting him with a chair and declaring that the Jets are against any SB at the new stadium.

Then we can have Jim Ross screaming, "NO!!! NO!!! WHAT HAS WOODY DONE??? NO!!!"

JimRossPicture.jpg

When the Giants and Jets have to make their SB presentation to the owners I hope Woody pulls a Hollywood Hogan.

967c.jpg

Woody turns on his co-presenter Jon Tisch, hitting him with a chair and declaring that the Jets are against any SB at the new stadium.

Then we can have Jim Ross screaming, "NO!!! NO!!! WHAT HAS WOODY DONE??? NO!!!"

JimRossPicture.jpg

:rl:

Actually, outside of the NY area, NO ONE CARES.

You would not believe how insignificant this is if you don't live up there. I was stunned when I moved out of Jersey to find out how many people don't even realize the Jets don't play in their own stadium. And I'm not talking casual fans. I'm talking serious football fans who have multiple fantasy teams and follow their favorite teams as rabidly as we follow the Jets.

This is simply part of the "SOJ, woe-is-me, we're second-class citizens" mentality adopted by what I believe is a very vocal minority of Jets fans in the NY area and exploited by douchebag Giants fans, the local media and worthless internet trolls.

You all know I hate having to agree with Kleck :biggrin:, but he's right. This huge deal try to make out of whether or not the Jets had their own stadium is nothing but self-deprecation by Jets fans and crap-talking by Giants fans. NOBODY else cares. Trust me, when it comes to the NFL nothing would be any different for the Jets if they had their own stadium in Manhattan. The only difference would be Jets fans could feel satisfied that the place was empty the other Sundays during the NFL season while they enjoy paying even higher PSL and ticket prices.

Giants fans will call it Giants Stadium at first just for the point of pissing off Jets fans, but eventually they'll get tired of it and move on. Nobody in the media is going to call it that unless you're talked about some fatass radio host who's trying to stir up crap. Around the NFL you have instances of new stadiums popping up all the time or stadiums constantly changing names, and its no major issue, there's no reason to believe this will be any different outside of throwing a pity party. Outside of the rare incident occurring like this one, it essentially makes no difference and is saving the Jets hundreds of millions of dollars in cost that would invariably have been passed right along to all of us.

Archived