Clayton: Fiedler to Jets Pretty Much a Sure Thing

TomShane

If it happens.

The signing is what it is. A veteran QB with starting experience. Kind of like Quincy Carter without the crack viles of course.

I am not exactly a big fan of Jay Fielder's. Maybe it's because he used to be a member of the dolphins.

Plus, I've seen him in big games lay some really huge eggs.

He's got a decent arm. He's a smart guy. He's pretty mobile. He's won some games as a starter. He's an good presence in the lockerroom. Those are his best traits.

Seems like a decent fit if it happens.

You notice The Jets are just going about their business. Looking at backups and special teamers. Outside of Coles, They really haven't gone all out to sign any big name guys.

Alot of their starting spots are already filled.

Wait a tic... weren't y'all the same ones who were happy he was the Phin's QB, cause he sucked? Damn people! Make up your minds.... just so I know which damned bandwagon to hop on. Y'know, sheep, bah, bah bah! :lol:

You got a point there storm.

You know what's funny. Last season before The Jets played Miami the first time. A.J. Feely was their starter. Before The Jets game. They went back to Fielder.

The Jets fans were a bit more scared with Fieldler back in there.

Fielder is backup material in this league. He's the perfect backup. As a starter, Fielder is not championship quality.

You know what's funny. Last season before The Jets played Miami the first time. A.J. Feely was their starter. Before The Jets game. They went back to Fielder.

Fielder is backup material in this league. He's the perfect backup. As a starter, Fielder is not championship quality.

I agree YJF... he's not a great QB. He is prone to interception-its, but he is what he is. At least he can make some passes, unlike a former Georgia Tech QB (or Georgia, I can never remember, all I remember is that Jerry Jones is a boob) who shall remain nameless.

That's the key. Fiedler as a backup is a nice luxury. Now, to have him as our starter for 16 games would gray my hair.

For a game here or there, fine, but I would not my team's playoff chances resting on his arm. At least, not for an entire season.

I believe that Jay would have far less pressure here, playing on a team that sports a much better offensive line than he's ever played with in Miami. He would be playing for one of the top OC in the league, and he would also have the added bonus of having some pretty good wideouts and a HOF running back.

The defense is young, fast, talented and aggressive, and would relieve Jay as well.

Nice move, if it happens.

I like it as well.

IMO, there was no other quarterback on the market that I'd trust for a few games more than Fiedler. He may never light the world on fire, but he's a proven winner.

yeah Boomers first few games back he was on fire also

Archived