I Can't Wait Until Monday

SoFlaJets

when there is some Jets news again. I HATE this time of year, I hate March Madness, I REFUSE to watch exhibition baseball and I am NOT watching the NY Giants beat the Buffalo Bills in the SB again after Norwood shanks it on the NFLN.

I hear ya, tomorrow is my local St. Paddy's day parade/boozefest. It's the one Sunday during this stretch I don't wake up depressed there's nothing going on with sports I care about. It's the happiest Sunday followed by the crappiest Monday of work all offseason.

when there is some Jets news again. I HATE this time of year, I hate March Madness, I REFUSE to watch exhibition baseball and I am NOT watching the NY Giants beat the Buffalo Bills in the SB again after Norwood shanks it on the NFLN.

Go outside

Damn Jimmy, I thought I was the only one that hated March Madness. I don't remember it being as a big a deal years ago...maybe we missed the wagon on this?:confused:

What kind of news are we going to get on Monday???

Either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, we will know who we play Week 1 and if/who we play on Thanksgiving.

Today-Wednesday is the annual NFL owners meeting, where the games for Week 1 Primetime, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve/Christmas Day games are announced. Rest of the schedule sometime in April before the draft.

Damn Jimmy, I thought I was the only one that hated March Madness. I don't remember it being as a big a deal years ago...maybe we missed the wagon on this?:confused:

I've actually been thinking about this bro-what I THINK is going on is it's tournament for college kids and ex-college kids. I didn't go to college and unless they had an institute of higher learning in the jungles of Vietnam you didn't either.

Let's face it Bill basketball hasn't been worth watching for my pro team since the Heat rivalries in the late 90's. Oh yea you, me and Verde might be the only 3 people who could care less about it.

LOL... JIM,, I thought that you were going to say; I can't wait for Monday, because i get better looking every day. ala Broadway Joe. LOL

But I like March Maddness because of UK. GO CATS!

LOL... JIM,, I thought that you were going to say; I can't wait for Monday, because i get better looking every day. ala Broadway Joe. LOL

But I like March Maddness because of UK. GO CATS!

IDK why KJ, but that game has lost me. It used to be more strategic, now it's run and gun run and gun with maybe 2:30 of strategy if it's close game at the end.

Either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, we will know who we play Week 1 and if/who we play on Thanksgiving.

Today-Wednesday is the annual NFL owners meeting, where the games for Week 1 Primetime, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve/Christmas Day games are announced. Rest of the schedule sometime in April before the draft.

Dont forget about future Ice...I mean Super Bowl location voting.

Compensatory picks by team and rule changes, if any.

I've actually been thinking about this bro-what I THINK is going on is it's tournament for college kids and ex-college kids. I didn't go to college and unless they had an institute of higher learning in the jungles of Vietnam you didn't either.

Let's face it Bill basketball hasn't been worth watching for my pro team since the Heat rivalries in the late 90's. Oh yea you, me and Verde might be the only 3 people who could care less about it.

Well actually, I was drafted out of college (Iona College) because I was only taking 10 credit hours and you needed 12 to get a deferment...yeah I know, dumb. University of South Vietnam wasn't boring I can tell you that.

Well actually, I was drafted out of college (Iona College) because I was only taking 10 credit hours and you needed 12 to get a deferment...yeah I know, dumb. University of South Vietnam wasn't boring I can tell you that.

You wouldn't have had it any other way and you know it-if you weren't drafted you would have enlisted. I always thought that if I was yours and my brother's age, I too would have enlisted. I always wanted to follow in my grampa's, dad's and big brother's shoes and been a paratrooper (not G-pa-WW1) but by the time I graduated in 73 no one in their right mind was joining up.

You wouldn't have had it any other way and you know it-if you weren't drafted you would have enlisted. I always thought that if I was yours and my brother's age, I too would have enlisted. I always wanted to follow in my grampa's, dad's and big brother's shoes and been a paratrooper (not G-pa-WW1) but by the time I graduated in 73 no one in their right mind was joining up.

I know the history of your family Jimmy and you're probably right...but, I tried everything to extend my training (jump school, Rangers, etc.) in the hope that the war would be over by the time they shipped me out...another dumb move by me. Hey, I met and befriended a great bunch of "brothers" and your late brother Carlo was one of them.

I know the history of your family Jimmy and you're probably right...but, I tried everything to extend my training (jump school, Rangers, etc.) in the hope that the war would be over by the time they shipped me out...another dumb move by me. Hey, I met and befriended a great bunch of "brothers" and your late brother Carlo was one of them.

thanks bro-I miss him a lot-he was my hero Bill

I hear ya, tomorrow is my local St. Paddy's day parade/boozefest. It's the one Sunday during this stretch I don't wake up depressed there's nothing going on with sports I care about. It's the happiest Sunday followed by the crappiest Monday of work all offseason.

Hey bro -- you have to shrink that signature up a bit. It is taking up half my laptop screen. :-P

Thanks.

IDK why KJ, but that game has lost me. It used to be more strategic, now it's run and gun run and gun with maybe 2:30 of strategy if it's close game at the end.

The reason why Jim is that I lived in Lexington, Ky for 6 years. That whole college atmosphere permeates the air and gets into your blood. I also was in charge of security at Commonwealth Stadium and got to see DROB locker a few times. I also saw him play a zillion times and cautioned guys on the boards against drafting him. I pull for the school rather then the sport. Anything UK is fine with me. I was happy to see that they won last night by 30 points but I did not watch. I will pull for them to win. Lexington celebrates like no other place I have ever been. I am happy to have lived there and happy for my friends that still live there. GO CATS!

Archived