JN Mafia - The Land of Fat and Happy

JustInFudge

Is that why you're posting up a storm early? :P

C'mon- just look at my post counts in the other games.

Just based on experiences it seems that the first few days tend to drag while the most active players go after one another while some just coast on by quietly. I think we can agree on that much.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just based on experiences it seems that the first few days tend to drag while the most active players go after one another while some just coast on by quietly. I think we can agree on that much.

So why don't we see who's been the least active at the end of the day and lynch their lazy ass?

Just sayin'.

Well the opening scene seems to indicate its a relatively straight forward game based on whats explained, but of course there could be more to it. Not a whole lot of info given, pretty much just that there's the fatty town and the skinny mafia with their one NK per night. I guess we'll just have to play it through for any info beyond that, because there's not much else in there.

FOS: BG you understand this here mafia game pretty well BG...a little too well

No doubt, but we also tend to lynch inactive innocents.

First day is always a crap shoot, and I'd agree with Bleedin' that we have almost nothing to discuss based on the opening scene.

So why don't we see who's been the least active at the end of the day and lynch their lazy ass?

Just sayin'.

Mainly because it's a debated way of lynching people. Sometimes town power roles lay low so that way they don't make themselves a mafia target. For the most part we allow that person to at least make a case for themselves. The first day is always the longest. Hell, for the other guys who played every other game, didn't Woody basically make a living as a mafia guy with minimal posts?

(1) OMGUS back at you: FOS: SMC X2

(2) I'm really bored at work today. See below:

For newbs:

OMGUS = "Oh My God yoU Suck" (i.e., you voted for me so I'm voting for you)

"I'm really bored at work today" = "I feel the need to explain my heavy involvement in the game today even though no one accused me of anything."

This could be meaningful, again, it could not.

Just sayin'.

Unless someone goofs up big time and either says something insanely stupid or acts way suspicious, that usually happens. And most of the time, regardless, it's a roleless townie. Only time I can remember getting mafia day 1 wasn't so much because of the town, but because the Godfather was setting the town up.

Haha! You really are the friend of the n00bs early in this one.

Honestly, with how many there are all I could think about is how the first game I played I had no idea what the hell anyone was talking about. Way too many random abbreviations and references once you get going in this game. It just makes it more complicated when you're already trying to figure out how to read people and get a grip on the voting, etc.

Speaking of which, congrats on going 4 for 4 yesterday in spring training.

Thanks!

All I care about is October, though. I'm so glad we won last year, but except for that game winning homer against the Twins I didn't do crap. At least my defense never lets down.

Honestly, with how many there are all I could think about is how the first game I played I had no idea what the hell anyone was talking about. Way too many random abbreviations and references once you get going in this game. It just makes it more complicated when you're already trying to figure out how to read people and get a grip on the voting, etc.

Ahh, the good old days.

Unless someone goofs up big time and either says something insanely stupid or acts way suspicious, that usually happens. And most of the time, regardless, it's a roleless townie. Only time I can remember getting mafia day 1 wasn't so much because of the town, but because the Godfather was setting the town up.

Ah yes, the rage of the irish. :character0293:

No doubt, but we also tend to lynch inactive innocents.

First day is always a crap shoot, and I'd agree with Bleedin' that we have almost nothing to discuss based on the opening scene.

Are we supposed to elaborate upon the story... OR try deducing from the opening scene the who is who of the game? As a newb... I'm waiting to see how everyone that knows what they are doing gets the ball rolling...

The only other time I can think of a day one mafia lynch was actually the first game I ran, over at the other place. Ragu was the freakin' mafia roleblocker and got himself lynched day one, that retard. Mafia still won anyway though, so it obviously doesn't guarantee a damn thing either way.

Are we supposed to elaborate upon the story... OR try deducing from the opening scene the who is who of the game? As a newb... I'm waiting to see how everyone that knows what they are doing gets the ball rolling...

We basically deduce who's who from my understanding. We've had several people point out that it seems like a very basic set-up. At this point we're looking for "fattie converting mafia".

People will make cases against someone sometimes they are wrong, other times right. Right now people might see BG being too helpful as a suspicious move, other may see my over-active posting as suspicious. 3 days from now someone could have posted only 2 times which seems scummy because they are laying low.

1st day is a crapshoot. And by 1st "day" I mean the 1st lynch of the game that can last multiple days which is detailed in the rules.

Sometimes, although not always, the opening scene contains information that you can pull to identify certain aspects of how the game is setup. A lot of it is just flavor, such as the town being "fatties" or the mafia being "skinny", but sometimes you can also identify information that may help you realize if there are any other particular roles out there. In this case there's not much to get from it, so from here we just have to basically talk through it ourselves to try to identify who we think is mafia to lynch them.

Generally after a lynching there will be some sort of death scene explaining who the person we lynched was and sometimes some other info that may help piece things together and we use that information to go from there and try to figure other people out. The mafia also typically gets a "night kill", which essentially just means between the day phases (when we vote to lynch) they get to pick a person to kill off from the game. That is typically also accompanied with death scene info. The idea being you use the info we gain over the course of the game in combination with everything you try to decipher out of people's posts in order to identify who the mafia are to lynch them.

Of course if you're mafia, you're really trying to throw people off and make it seem like you're working towards the goal of killing mafia while obviously not doing so and trying to kill off all the townies.

The only other time I can think of a day one mafia lynch was actually the first game I ran, over at the other place. Ragu was the freakin' mafia roleblocker and got himself lynched day one, that retard. Mafia still won anyway though, so it obviously doesn't guarantee a damn thing either way.

+1

One quick thing, because I forgot about it until just now. I would recommend everyone turn on invisible mode. We've had times in the past where people looked to see who was PM'ing in order to identify who is who. Its a cheap trick and while it can be used to ID mafia, it can also be used to ID roled townies, so its to all of our benefit to do it. Plus, IMO it completely ruins the point of the game.

Awesome idea Integrity. We should all post our weights. This way will know who is who. When I step on my new digital scale it reads "one person at a time please."

One quick thing, because I forgot about it until just now. I would recommend everyone turn on invisible mode. We've had times in the past where people looked to see who was PM'ing in order to identify who is who. Its a cheap trick and while it can be used to ID mafia, it can also be used to ID roled townies, so its to all of our benefit to do it. Plus, IMO it completely ruins the point of the game.

How?

You really are a swell guy this game... it's a little disconcerting.

I'll Vote Hess Station

Of course if you're mafia, you're really trying to throw people off and make it seem like you're working towards the goal of killing mafia while obviously not doing so and trying to kill off all the townies.

Or, if you're CTM, it's in your nature regardless if you're town or mafia.

You really are a swell guy this game... it's a little disconcerting.

I'll Vote Hess Station

Ah, this too takes me back. I believe you came in and voted me first day of the first game and I flipped out. Good times...good times.

Archived