• Yes, it's a good thing
    • No, I worry about the distraction
    • Who the hell cares?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+1. Must see TV for me. I can't wait.

Yep.

And as a total nerd, I've already envisioned my archival purchases if the Jets win the SB this year:

1. The official Jet season video

2. The official SB video

3. The playoff & SB video collection (with the Jets complete postseason games)

4. Hard Knocks

Yep.

And as a total nerd, I've already envisioned my archival purchases if the Jets win the SB this year:

1. The official Jet season video

2. The official SB video

3. The playoff & SB video collection (with the Jets complete postseason games)

4. Hard Knocks

You forgot the Jets SB XLV Champions t-shirt. :biggrin:

:bag::bag::bag:

Clearly, the Bengals season went out the window after they appeared on Hard Knocks and won the NFC North by sweeping the division.

Meh, Sweeping/winning the division mean nothing to me if you lose in the first round, I know it's the Bengals but still. Hype kills every year, I hope I'm wrong. Should be interesting the quotables that come from Rex's mouth during this show....

Meh, Sweeping/winning the division mean nothing to me if you lose in the first round, I know it's the Bengals but still. Hype kills every year, I hope I'm wrong. Should be interesting the quotables that come from Rex's mouth during this show....

There is no magical force out there that will **** up the Jets season because they are on Hard Knocks. You don't think the hype would be there for the Jets this season regardless?

This will be 100% pure entertainment, for ALL NFL fans.

You forgot the Jets SB XLV Champions t-shirt. :biggrin:

Dude, I said "archival" as in watching it and putting them away for posterity sake.

I'd be buying the Tshirt and the rest of the apparal to wear the f--k out!

Serious question...I know about the curse of a team being on that show.

And I know about the Bengals doing ok.

Does Hard Knocks, and the peek it gives you into the culture, and the team's attitude toward some players, give smart division rivals a tactical advantage?

It seems like the answer would be yes, but I can't give a specific example of how.

Serious question...I know about the curse of a team being on that show.

And I know about the Bengals doing ok.

Does Hard Knocks, and the peek it gives you into the culture, and the team's attitude toward some players, give smart division rivals a tactical advantage?

It seems like the answer would be yes, but I can't give a specific example of how.

Go look at the history of the teams that were on that show. There is no real examples of any curse.

Only one team that was on the show - the 2006 Cowboys - underacheived.

Go look at the history of the teams that were on that show. There is no real examples of any curse.

Only one team that was on the show - the 2006 Cowboys - underacheived.

Didn't know there was a 'curse' but I found this.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/1665/bengals-look-to-avoid-hard-knocks-curse

It breaks down some teams....Cowboys were on it twice. All I'm saying is Sanchez better not be the cover boy for Madden this year! :mad0259:

Didn't know there was a 'curse' but I found this.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/1665/bengals-look-to-avoid-hard-knocks-curse

It breaks down some teams....Cowboys were on it twice. All I'm saying is Sanchez better not be the cover boy for Madden this year! :mad0259:

The first time the Cowboys were on it they were a lousy team coached by Dave friggin' Campo and had Bruce Coslet as their TE coach. :rolleyes: The second time the Cowboys were on it was in the last few years when they've been an annual disappointment and underacheivers.

When the Chiefs were on it, Herm was their coach and everyone knew they were going to suck.

There's no evidence of a curse at play with Hard Knocks.

The first time the Cowboys were on it they were a lousy team coached by Dave friggin' Campo and had Bruce Coslet as their TE coach. :rolleyes: The second time the Cowboys were on it was in the last few years when they've been an annual disappointment and underacheivers.

When the Chiefs were on it, Herm was their coach and everyone knew they were going to suck.

There's no evidence of a curse at play with Hard Knocks.

They were coming off a playoff season.....just saying.

I know i'm in the minority on this, but I rather Jets training camp be about football and not some reality T.V. show. Especially coming off a season that they really overachieved. It remains to be seen the outcome of this, but I'm not a fan of it. Too each his own.

Archived