1 member has voted

1. 1. Hard knocks a good thing?

• Yes, it's a good thing
    • No, I worry about the distraction
    • Who the hell cares?

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weren't they hiking all the way up to Cortland to avoid exactly this type of intrusive distraction?

The only real fear I have is that they're going to velcro a camera to Sanchez's back and follow him around every second at a training camp that will be crucial to him if he's going to avoid a sophomore slump. They seemed to scale that playbook down a ****load for him at the end of the year, essentially running all play-action for him. One would assume that he's going to be asked to do alot more this season. Not sure that an HBO crew and a kid QB who likes the camera are going to be a good mix with so much riding on him.

Weren't they hiking all the way up to Cortland to avoid exactly this type of intrusive distraction?

The only real fear I have is that they're going to velcro a camera to Sanchez's back and follow him around every second at a training camp that will be crucial to him if he's going to avoid a sophomore slump. They seemed to scale that playbook down a ****load for him at the end of the year, essentially running all play-action for him. One would assume that he's going to be asked to do alot more this season. Not sure that an HBO crew and a kid QB who likes the camera are going to be a good mix with so much riding on him.

When you consider that these guys have a ton of eyes and cameras on them at all times, what is a few more?

And it's not like they're pulled away from meetings and workouts for interviews.

These shows are made with pretty little intrusion.

This.

Anyone who thinks players aren't constantly on camera throughout training camp are being naive. Perhaps the only difference is in addition to cameras out on the practice field, there will be an occasional camera in the back of the room during meetings, etc. Its not like the crew has constant direct interaction with the players and coaches.

Besides, I'm not sure what makes anyone think when you have guys like Tannenbaum (who never actually tells you anything) and Rex (who dragged the team up to Cortland to avoid distractions) running the show, that they would even consider this if they thought there was a slight chance of distraction.

When you consider that these guys have a ton of eyes and cameras on them at all times, what is a few more?

And it's not like they're pulled away from meetings and workouts for interviews.

These shows are made with pretty little intrusion.

This.

Anyone who thinks players aren't constantly on camera throughout training camp are being naive. Perhaps the only difference is in addition to cameras out on the practice field, there will be an occasional camera in the back of the room during meetings, etc. Its not like the crew has constant direct interaction with the players and coaches.

Besides, I'm not sure what makes anyone think when you have guys like Tannenbaum (who never actually tells you anything) and Rex (who dragged the team up to Cortland to avoid distractions) running the show, that they would even consider this if they thought there was a slight chance of distraction.

These guys are around cameras all the time, so whats the big deal with a few more around and them doing and few extra interviews. They will still have the same training camp and still do some of their stuff without the cameras being there. I think it will be an entertaining season and can't wait to see some behind the scenes footage. The Jets success next year will have nothing to do with this, but rather how the offense improves this year.

These guys are around cameras all the time, so whats the big deal with a few more around and them doing and few extra interviews. They will still have the same training camp and still do some of their stuff without the cameras being there. I think it will be an entertaining season and can't wait to see some behind the scenes footage. The Jets success next year will have nothing to do with this, but rather how the offense improves this year.

The distraction argument is total horsesh-t. No one knows what is or isn't a distraction in a pro football training camp.

It's a good thing for the fans since we get to see more of the Jets.

and that's why we asked opinion. DO YOU THINK it will be a distraction. You don't. I do. Now will the distraction affect the Jets? That I do not know. Evidence shows none of the former Hard Knocks teams got off to a slow start.

The distraction argument is total horsesh-t. No one knows what is or isn't a distraction in a pro football training camp.

It's a good thing for the fans since we get to see more of the Jets.

and that's why we asked opinion. DO YOU THINK it will be a distraction. You don't. I do. Now will the distraction affect the Jets? That I do not know. Evidence shows none of the former Hard Knocks teams got off to a slow start.

Yeah...like New York City is devoid of distractions. The last time I was there I NEVER slept! It's almost as bad as Las Vegas.

Off-field distractions are one thing -- on-field distractions are another. I am sure even in the rust/corn-belt there are ways to stay awake at night. ;-)

Yeah...like New York City is devoid of distractions. The last time I was there I NEVER slept! It's almost as bad as Las Vegas.

Off-field distractions are one thing -- on-field distractions are another. I am sure even in the rust/corn-belt there are ways to stay awake at night. ;-)

I think the popularity of Rex is getting to his head. Too much, too fast.

We went from supposively "getting away from everything" last year to Cortland only to be followed by having a reality TV show the next season. If the Jets dont get blessed with every team in the NFL losing and the Colts giftwrapped game, I'd doubt we'd be getting this.

I love the show, but at the same time, lets win first.

We went from supposively "getting away from everything" last year to Cortland only to be followed by having a reality TV show the next season. If the Jets dont get blessed with every team in the NFL losing and the Colts giftwrapped game, I'd doubt we'd be getting this.

I agree with everything you said except the doubt we'll be getting this part. Rex already made a name for himself, even without the playoffs, so I think we'd still get it.

I do agree this is a pretty big shift from "We need to get away" to "We need TV cameras following us around"

I agree with everything you said except the doubt we'll be getting this part. Rex already made a name for himself, even without the playoffs, so I think we'd still get it.

I do agree this is a pretty big shift from "We need to get away" to "We need TV cameras following us around"

I just just picture Cotchery shaking his head at all of this.

Sanchez is 23 years old, had a shaky rookie year and is looked at as a star.....its too soon for this man.

Sanchez is 23 years old, had a shaky rookie year and is looked at as a star.....its too soon for this man.

I think it's great-let's face it guys we probably won't end up the winning or even getting TO the Super Bowl again, (too many variables to overcome) but at least we get a chance to see the inner workings of our team like we could only have dreamed of...I'm excited

I think it's great-let's face it guys we probably won't end up the winning or even getting TO the Super Bowl again, (too many variables to overcome) but at least we get a chance to see the inner workings of our team like we could only have dreamed of...I'm excited

What's Cotchery have to do with all this? He has to be the most overhyped player on this board. He's a good player, but that's it. Sanchez is a QB... he's going to be more of a star, especially with how he performed in the playoffs.

What's Cotchery have to do with all this? He has to be the most overhyped player on this board. He's a good player, but that's it. Sanchez is a QB... he's going to be more of a star, especially with how he performed in the playoffs.

Let's win first? Been waiting for over 40 years to win first, so what now some extra cameras are going to get in their way?

They were going to Cortland not necessary to get away from the media but to get closer as a team. Instead of at the end of the day and everybody going to their separate homes and families, they now have no choice but to see each other everyday and spend time with one another going out to the one local restaurant that their is in Cortland. The media follows the team regardless of location.

Archived