Kris Jenkins

GREENBEAN

I was thinking about our possible draft strategies a little bit today and I got to wondering. How likely is it that Kris Jenkins is able to get back to his dominant self this season? We had guys fill in nicely for him after the injury, but having a healthy Jenkins is obviously a good thing for us.

I seriously wonder what he will be like coming off of his second knee surgery at this stage of his career.

I am curious as to what you guys think.

I was thinking about our possible draft strategies a little bit today and I got to wondering. How likely is it that Kris Jenkins is able to get back to his dominant self this season? We had guys fill in nicely for him after the injury, but having a healthy Jenkins is obviously a good thing for us.

I seriously wonder what he will be like coming off of his second knee surgery at this stage of his career.

I am curious as to what you guys think.

He'll be fine Bean...according to him during an interview prior to the playoffs, he said he was ready to go right now.

Remember, he had the same surgery on the other knee several years ago -- same surgeon, same exact procedure using tendon from another part of his body. That knee has held up perfectly and Kris stated in an interview last year that it was much stronger post-surgery than before the injury, so I think this repair should hold up the same. My only concern about him at this point is his lower back, which had been subject to problems from time to time. Hopefully, his rehab time allowed him to work on his back as well as the knee. No doubt in my mind that he will be ready and better than ever.

I think the good news is, is that the Jets D was ranked number 1 with Jenkins missing half the year, and they may realize that they can give him more rest when he's back. Make no mistake, they are much better with him on the field, but the coaches will have more confidence in making sure he's rested, and hopefully keeping him healthy for the year and down the stretch.

I agree that the way Green and Pouha played should enable Rex to allow Jenkins more time on the sideline which should help to keep an aging Jenkins healthy. I seriously hope he can come all the way back. We had the number one D without him and without a true number two CB as well.

Seeing what happens when those two components are added could be something awesome.

I agree that the way Green and Pouha played should enable Rex to allow Jenkins more time on the sideline which should help to keep an aging Jenkins healthy. I seriously hope he can come all the way back. We had the number one D without him and without a true number two CB as well.

Seeing what happens when those two components are added could be something awesome.

GB, I think that POUHA played very well last year. However he did not provide any pass rush ability, up the gut. I think we should seriously consider drafting some young talent for the NT position and develop that player to eventually replace Jenkins. I think we should do the same for Shaun Ellis too. Though I like the kid free agents we signed last year especially Kroll.

I think we are on our way towards a very awesome defense.

I am a huge Kris Jenkins fan, but it's unrealistic to think that he will make it through another season fully healthy. Not saying it'll happen again, but Jenkins had a lot of issues coming back from that first ACL when he was with the Panthers.

Pouha is a decent depth guy and I liked what I saw from him when they used him in combination with Devito, but he's not starting caliber if you want to be able to have an effective 4 man rush. As much as Rex likes the bring the house, our defense would be that much more effective without having to do that every single snap on defense.

I think we still need to put a huge priority on NT and WOLB.

BTW, I could have sworn that we released Howard Greene this offseason. I can't find him on any current rosters.

Pouha is a decent depth guy and I liked what I saw from him when they used him in combination with Devito, but he's not starting caliber if you want to be able to have an effective 4 man rush.

Yes and no. Ellis-Jenkins/Pouha-DeVito/Pouha makes for a great 30 front. It just takes four of them to do it. This is why it still makes sense to go DL early even though, as bitonti's constantly pointing out, a rookie would be no higher than fifth in the rotation, because the fifth guy is really the first off the bench.

GB, I think that POUHA played very well last year. However he did not provide any pass rush ability, up the gut. I think we should seriously consider drafting some young talent for the NT position and develop that player to eventually replace Jenkins. I think we should do the same for Shaun Ellis too. Though I like the kid free agents we signed last year especially Kroll.

I think we are on our way towards a very awesome defense.

I really can't see how much longer Jenkins is going to be able to play for us, but either way, our DL are the gray beard group of our team. We need to get younger and soon. I would love to believe that they answers are already on the team, but just don't know admittedly.

I would love to see Jenkins last the whole season for us. That would be a major plus to our already solid defense.

Archived