THE OFFICIAL 2010 COLLEGE BASKETBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

gangreenman

Oh please, enough with this already... Tyler Hansborough was probably one of the whiniest players in the nation last year. You had a great team last year, one of the best ever. But please before I gauge my eyes out reading this fluff about how perfect Carolina is...Get off the damned high horse. Please.

Tyler never said a peep and he got hit more than any player in the game. What were you watching?

It's irritating that Carolina worked so hard to wina tiel then they hand a medicore duke team a title. It wasn't enough to get a creampuff bracket, they had to give them the only 2 close games they played in w/ horrendous officiating. I'm glad my team earned it last year, can't say the same for that sham team last night.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Man you have some axe to grind, you may be the dumbest poster here.

I know "Colorado grad".

Anyone who thinks duke plays the game the way it was meant to be played does not know how to play the game. The biggest reason duke is so hated is b/c of the way they play and what they get away w/.

Tyler never said a peep and he got hit more than any player in the game. What were you watching?

It's irritating that Carolina worked so hard to wina tiel then they hand a medicore duke team a title. It wasn't enough to get a creampuff bracket, they had to give them the only 2 close games they played in w/ horrendous officiating. I'm glad my team earned it last year, can't say the same for that sham team last night.

Hansborough was not hit more then any other big man, he just made it seem like he was because he got so frustrated by it and complained so much about it. His whining and his clear frustration with the officials every time there was contact down low and the call didn't go his way was pretty well noticed and documented by just about everyone besides home NC fans last year. Its why he came in second to Eric Devendorf as just about everyones most hated college athlete...

As for the officiating, that was about as fair as a game could possibly be officiated last night. And its not like I had any sort of bias, as I wanted to see both teams lose. I was confused when it ended, as I was upset to see Duke win, but kinda happy to see the look of dejection on all the Butler fan's faces. They pretty much let them play with the petty stuff on both sides and called the blatant stuff. I didn't see any sort of bias one way or the other. Thats how a game is supposed to be officiated.

As I said in my last post, your team was one of the best college basketball has ever seen last year... But you act as if North Carolina is the ONLY team in college basketball and is the model for every other program. Just because NC had a bad year, doesnt mean college bball had a bad year. A national champion is a national champion.... Its something you have to earn by winning 6 games in a row no matter which way you look at it. Thats what UNC did last year and thats what Duke did this year. End of story.

I know "Colorado grad".

Anyone who thinks duke plays the game the way it was meant to be played does not know how to play the game. The biggest reason duke is so hated is b/c of the way they play and what they get away w/.

No. The biggest reason why Duke is hated is because their teams are always a bunch of "preppy" white guys. Who wants to see a team like that win anything?

Also their 4 national championships and their constant success in getting to at least the sweet 16 every year may play a role in it as well....

Hansborough was not hit more then any other big man, he just made it seem like he was because he got so frustrated by it and complained so much about it. His whining and his clear frustration with the officials every time there was contact down low and the call didn't go his way was pretty well noticed and documented by just about everyone besides home NC fans last year. Its why he came in second to Eric Devendorf as just about everyones most hated college athlete...

As for the officiating, that was about as fair as a game could possibly be officiated last night. And its not like I had any sort of bias, as I wanted to see both teams lose. I was confused when it ended, as I was upset to see Duke win, but kinda happy to see the look of dejection on all the Butler fan's faces. They pretty much let them play with the petty stuff on both sides and called the blatant stuff. I didn't see any sort of bias one way or the other. Thats how a game is supposed to be officiated.

As I said in my last post, your team was one of the best college basketball has ever seen last year... But you act as if North Carolina is the ONLY team in college basketball and is the model for every other program. Just because NC had a bad year, doesnt mean college bball had a bad year. A national champion is a national champion.... Its something you have to earn by winning 6 games in a row no matter which way you look at it. Thats what UNC did last year and thats what Duke did this year. End of story.

Hansbrough verey rarely complained and he was hit harder and more consistently than any player I have ever seen.

People hated Hansbrough b/c he was great, on a great team and got so much attention b/c he was great. people hated devendorf b/c he was a punk.

The officiating was as fair as could be for a duke game but it still was determined by poor officiating. If proper calls are made butler wins.

Carolina is the model for every program, the heels clearly have had the best program in CBB for a while now and I didn't expect a team like the '09 Heels to emerge this year but I would like to have seen a worthy heir to the throne not some mediocre team that was basically handed the title.

No. The biggest reason why Duke is hated is because their teams are always a bunch of "preppy" white guys. Who wants to see a team like that win anything?

Also their 4 national championships and their constant success in getting to at least the sweet 16 every year may play a role in it as well....

Even w/ this tainted title duke has only advanced beyond the sweet 16 FIVE times in the last 16 years.

people hate duke b/c they get preferential treatment, no team has ever had an easier path to a title, b/c they borderline cheat w/ all the flopping, b/c their coach is classless, b/c they are always whining when things don't go their way,...

Hansbrough verey rarely complained and he was hit harder and more consistently than any player I have ever seen.

People hated Hansbrough b/c he was great, on a great team and got so much attention b/c he was great. people hated devendorf b/c he was a punk.

The officiating was as fair as could be for a duke game but it still was determined by poor officiating. If proper calls are made butler wins.

Carolina is the model for every program, the heels clearly have had the best program in CBB for a while now and I didn't expect a team like the '09 Heels to emerge this year but I would like to have seen a worthy heir to the throne not some mediocre team that was basically handed the title.

Even w/ this tainted title duke has only advanced beyond the sweet 16 FIVE times in the last 16 years.

people hate duke b/c they get preferential treatment, no team has ever had an easier path to a title, b/c they borderline cheat w/ all the flopping, b/c their coach is classless, b/c they are always whining when things don't go their way,...

Dude you are a piece of work!!!! It was very easy for me to root for duke in 1981 when they sucked, cause of fans like u.

butler went to the line more than duke ahole, and even Rob parker on espn said the refs allowed the mugging of duke to keep them in the game

Dude you are a piece of work!!!! It was very easy for me to root for duke in 1981 when they sucked, cause of fans like u.

butler went to the line more than duke ahole, and even Rob parker on espn said the refs allowed the mugging of duke to keep them in the game

Butler shot about 10 more times from the field in the first half and duke had double their amount of FTs. They eventually closed the gap and shot a whopping 2 more FTs despite taking 6 more shots from the field.

Butler was called for more fouls, Zoubek had about 12 fouls and once again the game turned on a blown block/charge call.

Not only did you get a creampuff bracket but when you actually face dtouhg teams you got the classic duke boost. It was a joke and you know it.

Enjoy the title, I wouldn't complain if it was my team. I'd be a little embarrassed they didn't earn it but I'd still take it. Thankfully my team earned it a year ago.

Butler shot about 10 more times from the field in the first half and duke had double their amount of FTs. They eventually closed the gap and shot a whopping 2 more FTs despite taking 6 more shots from the field.

Butler was called for more fouls, Zoubek had about 12 fouls and once again the game turned on a blown block/charge call.

Not only did you get a creampuff bracket but when you actually face dtouhg teams you got the classic duke boost. It was a joke and you know it.

Enjoy the title, I wouldn't complain if it was my team. I'd be a little embarrassed they didn't earn it but I'd still take it. Thankfully my team earned it a year ago.

You cannot be objective here, that is clear

Everyone in TV land sez the game was reffed fair and square and if anything the refs let Butler mug duke to keep it close...nice try skippy

You cannot be objective here, that is clear

Everyone in TV land sez the game was reffed fair and square and if anything the refs let Butler mug duke to keep it close...nice try skippy

Of course I'm not objective, I despise duke but it was clear as day duke got a creampuff ride to the title.

No one mugged more than Zoubek so it's incredible to me that you can whine about officiating when, as usual, duke got the better end of the calls.

If the game is called properly Butler wins.

Of course I'm not objective, I despise duke but it was clear as day duke got a creampuff ride to the title.

No one mugged more than Zoubek so it's incredible to me that you can whine about officiating when, as usual, duke got the better end of the calls.

If the game is called properly Butler wins.

We can all thank the lord you do not work as an bball analyst as clearly you have no clue, Nice NIT run BTW

We can all thank the lord you do not work as an bball analyst as clearly you have no clue, Nice NIT run BTW

why b/c I am not pro duke? for a duke game it was as even as it could get but it still wasn't even and that charge and that breakway foul were 2 huge plays not called. Zoubek should have been out of the game long before the final mins where he made 2 huge plays to help duke win. properly officiated game Butler wins.

Thanks, the NIT run was fun. the Heels will be back to normal next year.

The only good thing about duke winning is the rivalry goes up a notch and an ACC team wins another title.

why b/c I am not pro duke? for a duke game it was as even as it could get but it still wasn't even and that charge and that breakway foul were 2 huge plays not called. Zoubek should have been out of the game long before the final mins where he made 2 huge plays to help duke win. properly officiated game Butler wins.

Thanks, the NIT run was fun. the Heels will be back to normal next year.

The only good thing about duke winning is the rivalry goes up a notch and an ACC team wins another title.

No..Because you are such a NC homer that you cannot see anything objectively. IF UNC isnt in it, nobodies good enough to win... Duke gets all the calls and thats the only reason they win... UNC gets no calls they earn every basket and every win. Roy Williams comparing this past season to the Haiti catastrophe is more classy then coach K doing....??

Your blaming the officials for Duke winning the national title... The officials are not the ones that miss the free throws, the shots, and they are not the ones turning the ball over. What's next...Blaming the rim for having a Duke bias? Please. Grow up, or shut up, or something...

No..Because you are such a NC homer that you cannot see anything objectively. IF UNC isnt in it, nobodies good enough to win... Duke gets all the calls and thats the only reason they win... UNC gets no calls they earn every basket and every win. Roy Williams comparing this past season to the Haiti catastrophe is more classy then coach K doing....??

Your blaming the officials for Duke winning the national title... The officials are not the ones that miss the free throws, the shots, and they are not the ones turning the ball over. What's next...Blaming the rim for having a Duke bias? Please. Grow up, or shut up, or something...

Wow nice post

Wow nice post

Not like you have much credibility... Being the guy that claimed that Boeheim was an overrated bum or something back in October?? Might wanna check who the SPORTING NEWS, USBWA, AP, and NAISMITH named as their national coach of the year... Then explain why anyone should take you for anything other than a blabbering fool?

Anyway, back to the topic...

Steve Donahue was hired today by Boston College. Good for Donahue..He can finally offer an athletic scholarship.

Maybe people will actually support that program now. BC has been irrelevant since '06 (?)

Maybe people will actually support that program now. BC has been irrelevant since '06 (?)

They have been downhill since they left the Big East.

If you want to pinpoint the moment BC became irrelevant, here it is:

JKpfztr23w8

Honestly though, I just don't think the ACC is a great fit for BC. Certainly not for basketball. Kids in the northeast want to play in the Big East. They want the conference tourney to be at MSG, not Greensboro. Yeah, lots of big time kids go to Duke or UNC, but that's because of the past and present success of those programs.

Their shortest road trip is to Maryland. They have to travel a lot to get to every game, and they are kind of an oddball.

IMHO they should come crawling back to the Big East and beg to be let back in.

Not like you have much credibility... Being the guy that claimed that Boeheim was an overrated bum or something back in October?? Might wanna check who the SPORTING NEWS, USBWA, AP, and NAISMITH named as their national coach of the year... Then explain why anyone should take you for anything other than a blabbering fool?

Boeheim is a great coach, but Syracuse was very talented this year. I probably would've given the Coach of the Year to Jamie Dixon. There were a few candidates that did a lot with a lot less than Boeheim had to work with.

Boeheim is a great coach, but Syracuse was very talented this year. I probably would've given the Coach of the Year to Jamie Dixon. There were a few candidates that did a lot with a lot less than Boeheim had to work with.

Well considering we wen\ from unranked -- in a few previews they had Cuse ranked as low as 60-something... To being #1 in the nation two weeks prior to the regular season ending, winning the Big East regular season championship, and earning a 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. Yes he did have a talented team, but he also brought the best out of them and they came ready to play every game this season. Never before was watching Syracuse Basketball as fun as it was this year. And Jamie Dixxon did not desrve that award... IF it didnt go to Boeheim, I think Steve Donahue (Cornell), Frank Martin (K-State) and a few others would probably be more deserving than Dixon.

Ummm I do not think i have ever called Boeheim overrated, please find post. I have called Roy Williams the most overrated coach ever.

every team gets calls but none get consistently bad calls go for them as much as duke.

duke got a cupcake road to the FF and the 2 tough games they played ther were abd calls that went their way to help them win. Could Baylor and/or Butler have still beaten duke? of course but the job was much tougher b/c of blown calls. When will duke ever have to overcome such blatantly poor calls thast go against them? why does duke's opponent always have to fight through those blown calls?

Sorry if the truth hurts.

yep, b/c that proves how great Jim was to have such a talented team this year inthe weakest field ever and not even make the Elite 8.

Well considering we wen\ from unranked -- in a few previews they had Cuse ranked as low as 60-something... To being #1 in the nation two weeks prior to the regular season ending, winning the Big East regular season championship, and earning a 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. Yes he did have a talented team, but he also brought the best out of them and they came ready to play every game this season. Never before was watching Syracuse Basketball as fun as it was this year. And Jamie Dixxon did not desrve that award... IF it didnt go to Boeheim, I think Steve Donahue (Cornell), Frank Martin (K-State) and a few others would probably be more deserving than Dixon.

the rankings don't matter, Carolina was preaseason top 5. Things change, SU had a great reg season and a great chance to win a chapionship and they couldn't even get to a regional final.

Ummm I do not think i have ever called Boeheim overrated, please find post. I have called Roy Williams the most overrated coach ever.

Yep 2 earned titles in 5 years is overrated but coach k proved how great he is by beatting Purdue w/o their best player, getting help against Baylor, beating WVU w/o their starting PG then needed help against a mid major in the title game but yeah K is the greatest.

every team gets calls but none get consistently bad calls go for them as much as duke.

duke got a cupcake road to the FF and the 2 tough games they played ther were abd calls that went their way to help them win. Could Baylor and/or Butler have still beaten duke? of course but the job was much tougher b/c of blown calls. When will duke ever have to overcome such blatantly poor calls thast go against them? why does duke's opponent always have to fight through those blown calls?

yep, b/c that proves how great Jim was to have such a talented team this year inthe weakest field ever and not even make the Elite 8.

the rankings don't matter, Carolina was preaseason top 5. Things change, SU had a great reg season and a great chance to win a chapionship and they couldn't even get to a regional final.

Yep 2 earned titles in 5 years is overrated but coach k proved how great he is by beatting Purdue w/o their best player, getting help against Baylor, beating WVU w/o their starting PG then needed help against a mid major in the title game but yeah K is the greatest.

You are a bitter ahole

WestVA beat Kentucky without Bryant, West VA was basicially another 1 seed

so go eff yourself. You have no credibility here or anywhere

Yawn.

Serious question for you nyjunc...Is anyone on any team other than North Carolina good at anything?? Because you make it seem as if, because UNC wasnt there this year, that the NCAA field consisted of a bunch of 8th grade intramural squads.

You are a bitter ahole

WestVA beat Kentucky without Bryant, West VA was basicially another 1 seed

so go eff yourself. You have no credibility here or anywhere

a HEALTHY WVU was basically a 1 seed(probably should have been one over duke) but they were not healthy. yeah they won 2 games w/o Bryant but that doesn't mean they are a good team w/o him. if you can't admit duke had a creampuff road and got tons of breaks to win the title then you are not being honest w/ yourself.

You are trying to say WVU was #1 seed quality w/o their starting PG and you are talking about credibility?

Yawn.

Serious question for you nyjunc...Is anyone on any team other than North Carolina good at anything?? Because you make it seem as if, because UNC wasnt there this year, that the NCAA field consisted of a bunch of 8th grade intramural squads.

This was by far the weakest field ever, it has nothing to do w/ Carolina. If anything it makes the Heels look worse since they couldn't get to the Tourney w/ such a weak field. As bad as Carolina was they beat 2 of the best teams in the Nation (OSU and MSU) and were beating duke when they lost Ed Davis for the year in the first matchup.

This duke team would not have won a title in any other year. You think they could beat UNC '05 or '09? nKU '08? UF '06 or '07? UConn '04?(a much better duke team lost to UConn that year) SU '03?(this would be the only one that is close), MD '02? duke '01?...

You act like this is breaking news that this was a weak field. everyone has known it all year, it's why all year I have said we'll see a surprise FF and champ and we did see that. This was a wide open tourney w/ no great teams, the closest we had to great teams were UK and KU and neither made the FF.

Boeheim deserved all honors he got this year..Congrats and Good Luck in off-season.

I go to UNC Spring Football game this Saturday...:D

Frank Martin is another one I'd consider for it. Frankly though, Cuse wasn't ranked because of the players they lost, but losing a stud like Flynn can have positive "Ewing theory" implications, and Thug Life was just an absolute cancer... Addition by subtraction when it comes to Devendorf.

You are over-stretching literally EVERYTHING. And I hate Duke. They deserved to win.

You need to be somewhat objective. Somewhat.

Frank Martin is another one I'd consider for it. Frankly though, Cuse wasn't ranked because of the players they lost, but losing a stud like Flynn can have positive "Ewing theory" implications, and Thug Life was just an absolute cancer... Addition by subtraction when it comes to Devendorf.

To add to being a cancer, Devendorf didn't play defense. Flynn was a spotty defender as well.

http://beyondthearc.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2010/04/07/2260785.aspx

All the cool kids declared for the NBA draft on Wednesday. Or at least it seemed like it.

Evan Turner, Xavier Henry, Jordan Crawford, Lance Stephenson and all five of the Kentucky studs put their names into mix, among others. None were a surprise, though it is strange to read that Stephenson hired and agent. (Not sure he

You are over-stretching literally EVERYTHING. And I hate Duke. They deserved to win.

You need to be somewhat objective. Somewhat.

It's hard to do invovling duke as I despise them. I know they got a creampuff road, I know they got some huge bad calls int heir favor BUT they still had to close those games out and beat those teams in their bracket along the way so congrats to them.

yes I have been irrational, something about seeing K happy that drives me nuts. I can't stand the guy, he is such a phony and he irritates me so obviously I am biased when discussing them.

To add to being a cancer, Devendorf didn't play defense. Flynn was a spotty defender as well.

I think if Flynn returned you guys would have won it all.

It's hard to do invovling duke as I despise them. I know they got a creampuff road, I know they got some huge bad calls int heir favor BUT they still had to close those games out and beat those teams in their bracket along the way so congrats to them.

yes I have been irrational, something about seeing K happy that drives me nuts. I can't stand the guy, he is such a phony and he irritates me so obviously I am biased when discussing them.

I think if Flynn returned you guys would have won it all.

K is such a bad guy, u have no effin clue of what u speak

keep the hatred, Duke will win it next year too if singler returns

A ton of players declared today... Oh, and Rutgers is expected to fire Fred Hill for cause tomorrow.

At least he can say he beat Georgetown... and in his final year got legendary Jim Calhoun to adapt The Power of FRED HILL THINKING in his team's rise to the depths of the Big East conference

Archived