Rich Cimini: Funny Story.

crashingjet

Just a little something I thought I'd share with you guys. This was posted over at thephins.com.

Some of you might know who Rich Cimini is but for those who don't know...he is the beat writer for the NY Jets and writes for the NY Daily News. He also has some columns in The Sporting News and does a some TV and Radio spots here in NY.

Well I am a train conductor here in NY and he sometimes travels my train. I collect his ticket and I do recognize him but I try to leave him alone most of the time as he is either reading over notes or typing on his computer. Well today he got on my train with his wife and 2 children and from what I gathered from his wife they were running late and did not get tickets before getting on board. Buying tickets on the train is almost DOUBLE the price and round trip for the 4 of them into Manhattan would have been about $50. He looked like he had a very nice family so I smiled and asked him if he would be willing to make a deal.....

So I said to him I would waive the service charge for his family if he would say in front of a very crowded train...that he LOVED the Miami Dolphins and is a HUGE fan. He smiled and shook his head and asked if I was serious...I said I was....he said in a CLEAR and LOUD voice that he LOVED the Dolphins and has been a Dolphin fan for years..I said...good man!...and saved him some money. He was a pretty good sport. Just thought it was a pretty funny story smile.gif

http://forums.thephins.com/showthread.php?t=47438

Not surprised. Sell-out.

I was at a college baseball game against regional rival East Carolina the other day. A friend I was with was offered free stuff at the concession stand if he said "Go Pirates!". He basically told them to shove it. Cimini is a reporter, not a fan.

Dolphins fans clinging on to the little relevance they have. Cute.

(snort) Yeah, like a team that backed into the playoffs and then got crushed by the team that rested their starters at the end of the regular season. Clinging to that kind of relevance?

Not surprised. Sell-out.

I was at a college baseball game against regional rival East Carolina the other day. A friend I was with was offered free stuff at the concession stand if he said "Go Pirates!". He basically told them to shove it. Cimini is a reporter, not a fan.

That was your friend? I was there :P

(snort) Yeah, like a team that backed into the playoffs and then got crushed by the team that rested their starters at the end of the regular season. Clinging to that kind of relevance?

Yeah... The Jets are "clinging" to relevance by making it to the AFC Championship game. Sooo embarrassing. :bag:

LOL@ this trollish post. The funniest part is that you think we give a frog's fat ass about what Rich Cimini says on the train. He's a beat writer who gets paid to cover the JETS, not a Jets fan... idiot. :D

let me find out LIRR conductors are giving discounts...

Indy did nothing until Shonn Greene and 3 of our starting defensive backs got hurt.The only thing Manning figured out in that game is that the starters were on the sidelines........

Yeah I was there, one of the crazy guys wearing a jersey. I wasn't with him at the time though. Go Seahawks!

Me and some buddies are going to make the annual trip down with the team. We plan to return the favor ;)

Crushed? The Jets Didn't get crushed, Getting crushed is more like when the Fins got crushed 62-7 by the Jags back in 00. Even you have to admit that the Dolphins have been an absolutely pathetic team for many years. The last time that the Dolphins won a playoff game was the 00 season, the very next week after that win, the Dolphins got their a**es blown out by the Raiders 27-0.

The Dolphins are a soft team with feminine colored uni's. :P

back in the day.. Rich did some chats here.. of course that is when we had a chat room.. i am sure that is why we dont have him doing chats here now.

:D

1. We still have a chat room, it workd 34% of the time.

2. I think the Daily News does their own chats now. That's probably why he stopped doing chats here though.

Yeah... The Jets are "clinging" to relevance by making it to the AFC Championship game. Sooo embarrassing. :bag:

I think he means that we actually think that's a significant accomplishment going forward.

It was a nice run...it has no bearing on anything after it.

1. We still have a chat room, it workd 34% of the time.

2. I think the Daily News does their own chats now. That's probably why he stopped doing chats here though.

Oh they do their own chats.. who knew? thanks for the information

Or like Dolphin 'fans' who are still giddy over winning the division 2 years ago and getting man-handled by the Ravens the following week?

I see of course there is no credit for stomping the Bengals and Chargers in their own houses.

Typical.

Archived