Sign in to follow this  
Otter

New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox @ Fenway Park Series Thread

Finally they scored after getting the lead-off guy on-base. It took a Red Sox error to keep the inning going, but I'll take it.

What does that make the Yankee pen?

Yanks have an awesome pen.....best pen Ihave ever seen them have

Sawx are throwing Delcarmen who is shot

Shoenweis? Just got cut

Atchison? Please

Yanks are solid throughout

Yanks have an awesome pen.....best pen Ihave ever seen them have

Sawx are throwing Delcarmen who is shot

Shoenweis? Just got cut

Atchison? Please

Yanks are solid throughout

After one game you can make that claim? A game in which they blew the game?

Wow. Joba did well there to get out of that jam.

After one game you can make that claim? A game in which they blew the game?

Give me a weak link to the Yanks pen

Ace

Robertson

Park (maybe, but not based on last year)

Marte

Joba

Rivera

Good luck against that

Ace

Robertson

Marte

Joba

Rivera

Good luck against that

Chan Ho Park sucks. Hard. Joba is inconsistent and has been since they have yo-yo'd him. If they keep him there, maybe he reverts to form. Marte is hit or miss. Robertson is unproven. Aceves and Rivera are your go-to guys no doubt.

The Sox had lots of luck against that in game 1. Not going to happen the majority of the time but to call them the best you've ever seen is a bit ridiculous considering how good the Yankees Pen was in the late 90s.

Dude you're reaching

Park was very solid last season

Nothing compares to Schoenweis or Atchison....nothin

Ace

Robertson

Marte

Joba

Rivera

Good luck against that

The bullpen did the job tonight!

I think Joba will benefit from the full-time move to the bullpen and get his fastball back to where it was a few years ago. Aceves is solid. Mariano is the GOAT. I feel pretty good about Robertson. Marte drives me crazy. Not too hopeful about Park. It definitely has a chance to be a great bullpen, but I'm not sure it can match the late-90's Yankees bullpens.

Chan Ho Park is Cashmans's worst signing in a while. He'll be relegated to mop up/non pressure situations before the ASB.

Chan Ho Park is Cashmans's worst signing in a while. He'll be relegated to mop up/non pressure situations before the ASB.

As a starter he sucks.....he's perfect out of the pen

He's not bad.....you'll get to like him

Relieving win tonight. Not that important as it's only game 2 of 162, but it's nice to get the Red Sox Monkey off the back early.

Potentially worst signing since :puke: Igawa :puke: ...

I'll remain optimistic though.

Potentially worst signing since :puke: Igawa :puke: ...

I'll remain optimistic though.

To his credit, Igawa is the winningest pitcher in the history of the SWB Yankees. :bag:

A portion of the article above...

The David Ortiz Dilemma is real. Big Papi went 0 for 4 last night and is hitless in the first two games. He made the final out of three innings. He struck out miserably with a man on second and two outs when the game was tied, 4-4, in the fifth.

Ortiz is going to be a thorn in the side of Terry Francona unless he starts hitting. If we could extract emotion and loyalty from the equation, Ortiz would not have started the opener against CC Sabathia and he would not start tonight against Andy Pettitte. Granted, Ortiz has good lifetime numbers against Pettitte (18 for 49, .367, 1 homer, 10 RBIs) but that was then and this is now. NOTE: You mean then as in when he was on PED's don't you?

Ortiz can

I loathe to defend the Red Sox organization under the current ownership (creepy stick figure guy-Henry, creepy gay guy-Werner and the slick scumbag, Lucchino)....but really? After two games Red Sox Nation needs to sound the alarms? You all know Shaughnessy is a POS who is on the ownerships payroll, right? EVERYTHING Shaughnessy writes has a personal agenda or is meant to incite. Biggest hack in Boston.

NOTE: You mean then as in when he was on PED's don't you?

They were both on roids. It's a wash.

Tonight's lineups...

YANKEES

Derek Jeter SS

Nick Johnson DH

Mark Teixeira 1B

Alex Rodriguez 3B

Robinson Cano 2B

Jorge Posada C

Curtis Granderson CF

Nick Swisher RF

Brett Gardner LF

LHP Andy Pettitte

RED SOX

Jacoby Ellsbury LF

Dustin Pedroia 2B

Victor Martinez C

Kevin Youkilis 1B

David Ortiz DH

Adrian Beltre 3B

J.D. Drew RF

Mike Cameron CF

Marco Scutaro SS

RHP John Lackey

They were both on roids. It's a wash.

Hardly. Andy pitched well last season and superbly during the post season and has yet another ring...Ortiz, he's like that piece of burnt toast.

• Upvote 1

I loathe to defend the Red Sox organization under the current ownership (creepy stick figure guy-Henry, creepy gay guy-Werner and the slick scumbag, Lucchino)....but really? After two games Red Sox Nation needs to sound the alarms? You all know Shaughnessy is a POS who is on the ownerships payroll, right? EVERYTHING Shaughnessy writes has a personal agenda or is meant to incite. Biggest hack in Boston.

Boston fans love putting a face on their teams decline.

Hardly. Andy pitched well last season and superbly during the post season and has yet another ring...Ortiz, he's like that piece of burnt toast.

That's great, but last season has nothing to do with what you said. You've decided to completely change the subject of the conversation that you started.

You tried to infer that the only reason Ortiz hit Andy well was because of PED's. I pointed out that Andy was on them too, so there was no unfair advantage.

Either way, it's sad that we have to have these conversations.

That's great, but last season has nothing to do with what you said. You've decided to completely change the subject of the conversation that you started.

You tried to infer that the only reason Ortiz hit Andy well was because of PED's. I pointed out that Andy was on them too, so there was no unfair advantage.

Ortiz is a cheater. Until next year when he is DH'ing for the Yankees. At that point he will just be a gamer.

Hope that clears up any confusion for you.

This is a good game so far. Hoping the Yankees put a few runs on the board here in the 6th.

Neither of those hit batters were done intentionally. No way Lackey puts Jeter on to lead off the inning in a one run game.

• Upvote 1

This is a good game so far. Hoping the Yankees put a few runs on the board here in the 6th.

The ump is squeezing both pitchers. I can't believe that it's such a low scoring game.

CHB really is a douche. Texiera is 0-10 to start the season, there aren't any 'the world is falling' articles being written.

Obviously hit Jeter on purpose

Pettitte hits Youks on the head. Intentional or not there needed to be something done. It was. It's over. Done with.

You are right about one thing, it is sad...not the baseball I grew up with, but as long as question marks surround these guys, that's the way it is.

My 90 year old grandmother is faster than Jorge Posada.

Both starters pitched very well. Kinda scared seeing Park in the game now.