An Open Letter to Mark Sanchez

gangreenman

Please, Please, PLEASE do not go down in the 1st preseason game this year with a torn achilles tendon.

At least when Vinny did it we knew his career was about to hit the downturn... With you, Sanchez, your career hasnt even hit gotten near its prime... So Please, do not be the next SOJ QB..

PLEASE!!!

Remember early in the season when Rex seemed to be going overboard in telling Sanchez not to scramble? I think Sanchez might have come out of college with shakier health than the general public knows and that's why Rex didn't want him to run with the ball.

Possibly... But I just think he wanted Sanchez to AVOID injury, more then cover up an existing injury or condition. And if I remember correctly, he was going overboard telling Sanchez 1 - to slide to avoid contact and 2 - not to slide head first. He even brought in a baseball player (forget who) to help him out with it.

Possibly... But I just think he wanted Sanchez to AVOID injury, more then cover up an existing injury or condition. And if I remember correctly, he was going overboard telling Sanchez 1 - to slide to avoid contact and 2 - not to slide head first. He even brought in a baseball player (forget who) to help him out with it.

Yes--Rex knew he had KC waiting in the wings---and shuddered at the thought.

it wasnt a player, it was Joe Girardi...

I was at that game in Jacks. First time I saw Penny play.

No you weren't and no it wasn't. I was referring to the 99 season when he tore his achilles, not the 02 season when he got benched for penny.

And Penny wasnt drafted till 2000, so thats why you definitely did not see him that game.

No you weren't and no it wasn't. I was referring to the 99 season when he tore his achilles, not the 02 season when he got benched for penny.

And Penny wasnt drafted till 2000, so thats why you definitely did not see him that game.

Yep it was at home against the Pats i believe. A curtis martin fumble in the backfield and a vinny recovery. Moments later every Jet fan saw our SB hopes evaporate.

It was the game where Keyshawn freaked out at the podium. FU Rick Mirer!

Ah yes...I love an opportunity to claim the O-line fixes everything.

Vinny's tendon was age...or just bad luck.

Chad's wrist, arms, and Curtis' ankles came to us compliments of a mediocre OL. We now have a GOOD OL. Don't know how it happened, but it did.

So I expect as long as the FO doesn't pull a Herm Edwards and piss the OL away for DB's doing ensure commercials, we're just fine.

AND HEEEEEE'S WRIIITING A

failure.jpg

LOL!!

Okay, fine...Lets talk about what the Jets are going to do with the 29th pick and what they need to address most in the draft. That would be much more original.

Why is this thread a fail? Everyone forget we root for the Jets? Things are looking up for us right now and the skies all appear to be blue... Last time we felt this way our season went out the door when Vinny tore his achilles. Thats something thats been typical of the Jets, we are a franchise that finds ways to snatch failure even in the jaws of success.

PLEASE do not let that happen again. We have a real shot this year and many years down the road if Sanchez can stay healthy and pan out.

Ah yes...I love an opportunity to claim the O-line fixes everything.

Vinny's tendon was age...or just bad luck.

Chad's wrist, arms, and Curtis' ankles came to us compliments of a mediocre OL. We now have a GOOD OL. Don't know how it happened, but it did.

So I expect as long as the FO doesn't pull a Herm Edwards and piss the OL away for DB's doing ensure commercials, we're just fine.

Exactly. I think we need to address OL at some point in this draft. Lets not let this OL turn into what we had in Herm's final years... A formerly great unit that, due to it being ignored, became washed up and depleted in a hurry where we had to find scrubs to fill the voids. Not saying OL should be our top priority in this draft, but I definitely hope it is addressed.... Lets face it, as good as that line appears now, 3 of those 5 players will be on the wrong side of 30 by season's end. Two of those will be 34 or older. We're getting to a point where we need to start thinking about grooming future replacements.

LOL!!

Okay, fine...Lets talk about what the Jets are going to do with the 29th pick and what they need to address most in the draft. That would be much more original.

Why is this thread a fail? Everyone forget we root for the Jets? Things are looking up for us right now and the skies all appear to be blue... Last time we felt this way our season went out the door when Vinny tore his achilles. Thats something thats been typical of the Jets, we are a franchise that finds ways to snatch failure even in the jaws of success.

PLEASE do not let that happen again. We have a real shot this year and many years down the road if Sanchez can stay healthy and pan out.

The reason it's a fail is because we WERE a franchise like that.

This is a new Jets team, a new head coach, and these jinxes don't exist. BELIEVE.

The reason it's a fail is because we WERE a franchise like that.

This is a new Jets team, a new head coach, and these jinxes don't exist. BELIEVE.

I hope to God you're right. I think that was the entire point of this thread. Considering this thread was a failure, that means your post was a failure.

Exactly, this open letter basically is a reminder of how much of a fall of there is between our starter and the back-ups.

Im not sold on that either... Look at so many other teams around the league... Who is Peyton Manning's backup? Id rather have Clemens... Who is Tom Brady's backup now? I think Id rather have Clemens. Remember, its not like we need to worry about the age of our backup and his longterm future now that Sanchez is (hopefully) the longterm piece to the puzzle... We just need somebody thats serviceable enough to manage the game, make smart decisions, and let our defense and run game do the rest. Kellen Clemens is certainly not an everyday starter... But you're not going to find too many teams that have two everyday starting QB's on their roster...

LOL!!

But it doesn't work like that. There's no cosmic kick in the balls with the Jets.

Every "snatch failure from jaws of succes" occurred with independent crappy decision making by the HC or front office in key spots.

We like to mention 1999. Well, Vinny was 36 yrs old that season. Injury is a great risk for a QB that age and who does Parcells have as a backup? Rick Freakin' Mirer.

The Jets went 6-3 with Ray Lucas for cryin' out loud! They went 2-4 with Mirer. If Parcells had done a better job in signing a real backup the Jets would have made the playoffs and anything could have happened. Heck, the Fins made the playoffs that year at 9-7 and the Bills at 11-5.

2003? Bradway decides to keep 40 yr old Vinny as the backup with the young Chad at QB. Chad breaks wrist in preseason and the Jets have no chance to start the season.

Bradway also fails to tender Coles at a 1 & 3 which leads to Coles going to the Skins.

Bradway compounds the mistake by trading the Coles No. 1 to move up for DRob.

In 2004? Herm decides to play for a 40+ yd FG when his kicker missed from that distance right before.

2005? Bradway and Herm foolishly believe Chad would be ready by the start of the season after he has serious shoulder injury and surgery in the offseason.

Bradyway fails to plan ahead capwise, instead signing Fabini to an extension the year before which leads to losing Kareem McKenzie to free agency.

2007? Tannenbaum and Mangini overrate the roster and make a penny pinching move at LG with Kendall which ruins any chance of success.

2008? Mangini continues with a hurt Favre and coaches deathly afraid against the Seahawks.

Again, it all boils down to poor decision making by the HC and/or the FO.

If Rex and/or Tannenbaum screw up then we'll be lamenting 2010. If not, we should have an enjoyable year.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but if I did I'd disagree 100%.:rl:

You mentioned you didn't want Sanchez to get hurt in 1st preseason game, another poster mentioned it was vinny who went down week 1 of the reg season and you said you confused it w/ Chad's injury. I just pointed out jokingly that it was week 3 of the preseason not week 1.

You mentioned you didn't want Sanchez to get hurt in 1st preseason game, another poster mentioned it was vinny who went down week 1 of the reg season and you said you confused it w/ Chad's injury. I just pointed out jokingly that it was week 3 of the preseason not week 1.

Happen to notice the little smiley I placed right after that post. The one thats laughing.. See it? That signifies a joke...

Please, Please, PLEASE let the rusty railroad spike I just pushed through my own brain give me Tetanus and kill me.

At least when I gouged out my own eyeballs I knew my career as a Jets fan was right on course...With you, Sanchez, your career has thus far been more than I could have possibly imagined... So Please, do not make me have to kill the thread-starter.

PLEASE!!!

Archived