The Official Duke vs Butler Championship Thread

Ghost

Congrats to BOTH of these teams. No shame in losing this game. It was well-played, and super competitive.

I agree. Butler played incredible defense, but just couldn't put the ball in the basket the last seven minutes or so.

I agree. Butler played incredible defense, but just couldn't put the ball in the basket the last seven minutes or so.

That's cuz Duke played some great D, too.

I wanted Butler to win, but you can see the athletes Duke has- they get the creme de la creme of recruitment and it shows.

Haywood is a soph? their coach is 33? (he looks 19!) Butler will be back. they are officially on the map now.

That's cuz Duke played some great D, too.

I wanted Butler to win, but you can see the athletes Duke has- they get the creme de la creme of recruitment and it shows.

Haywood is a soph? their coach is 33? (he looks 19!) Butler will be back. they are officially on the map now.

Mr. Hayward has some serious dough on the table if he wants to enter the NBA Draft. If he comes back, Butler will be preseason top-3.

I hate to see Duke win. They are definitely one of my most hated teams. Both teams played great but Butler had their chance. They missed a couple of shots right outta the gate and missed FTs didn't help either.

Not that it makes a difference... But it seriously bothers me how young he looks, LOL.

haha

"The Baby Faced Assassin" -Gus Johnson

Hayward became my favorite player of the tourney after Cuse got eliminated.

Yep. Howard, Heyward, Mack, Nored and Vanzant can all come back if they choose to. That's 4 starters and a key bench player. If they do come back, they could end up right back in the Final 4 next year. They've been on the map for a little while now, but now they could potentially be a perennial top 10-caliber team.

Yep. Howard, Heyward, Mack, Nored and Vanzant can all come back if they choose to. That's 4 starters and a key bench player. If they do come back, they could end up right back in the Final 4 next year. They've been on the map for a little while now, but now they could potentially be a perennial top 10-caliber team.

Perhaps they have been on the map- i admit i am more removed from and less involved in hoops than I used to be. More obscure schools like Gonzaga, ODU and St. Mary's are more familiar to me re: being on the college hoops map than Butler was.

Archived