Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not impossible. Things just seem sketchy there. I feel like the math isn't adding up here somehow on how many roles we have now, how many we have left un-revealed and how many people there are.

Although I do rescind one comment. I'm a moron, there was more then one doctor in the movie, so that comment was completely nonsensical.

I'm not sure which part of the math isn't adding up for you and why, based on the math, you've chosen to vote for me. But if it's too risky to discuss, I understand. Just slightly concerned.

I'm back.

While I appreciate the praise I honestly am a role less townie. On the life of my child. I understand the reasoning for going after me.

As for being disappointed, it was because I thought we'd have another assimilation during the day which In my opinion is worse. We build cases all day and BOOM assimilation. The whole game changes, it's a screwball IMO. Night assimilation allows for us to build cases all day without a wrench thrown in.

I'm not sure which part of the math isn't adding up for you and why, based on the math, you've chosen to vote for me. But if it's too risky to discuss, I understand. Just slightly concerned.

To be honest my vote came before I put that all together and I'm not quite sure what makes the most sense right now. From my perspective I see it this way: I know who I am, we have three people claiming roles, one claiming roleless and another unknown. Without going into too much details, based on what unclaimed roles still seem to be out there, we're now running out of people. Which to me means either someone is blatantly lying or they were telling the truth, but are now a Thing.

On the flip side, I keep thinking I might be onto something looking back on stuff from the film, but I feel like I'm stuck going in circles.

I'm back.

While I appreciate the praise I honestly am a role less townie. On the life of my child. I understand the reasoning for going after me.

As for being disappointed, it was because I thought we'd have another assimilation during the day which In my opinion is worse. We build cases all day and BOOM assimilation. The whole game changes, it's a screwball IMO. Night assimilation allows for us to build cases all day without a wrench thrown in.

We've seen assimilations happen at night and then again during the day, though. So I don't know that I buy that explanation.

But swearing on the life of your child ... ugh, should I not be swayed by things like that?

As of right now I'm probably most suspicious of JVOR and Dan x. With all the roles and the knowledge that I'm role less and not assimilated, shed be a likely candidate for an assimilation. Mostly because she has contributed enough and been on the right side of some trains. In a game like this you can give up a team member to solidify y our innocence because you can always convert another.

I haven't been comfortable with the jvor reveal since minute one. We keep protecting the power roles. It'd be easy for scum to say ZOMG POWER ROLE and live this game.

JVOR- who did you follow last night?

We've seen assimilations happen at night and then again during the day, though. So I don't know that I buy that explanation.

But swearing on the life of your child ... ugh, should I not be swayed by things like that?

I know, but it's been more days than nights. I'm saying my preference would be a night assimilation vs. A day one.

You don't have to believe me. The last time I was a townie I screamed that I don't bull**** about things. It's a game of deceit so I wouldn't be mad if you aren't swayed.

To be honest my vote came before I put that all together and I'm not quite sure what makes the most sense right now. From my perspective I see it this way: I know who I am, we have three people claiming roles, one claiming roleless and another unknown. Without going into too much details, based on what unclaimed roles still seem to be out there, we're now running out of people. Which to me means either someone is blatantly lying or they were telling the truth, but are now a Thing.

On the flip side, I keep thinking I might be onto something looking back on stuff from the film, but I feel like I'm stuck going in circles.

I'm sort of following you, but there's one thing about your logic that makes no sense to me. Maybe you're still working through it, or maybe it's deliberate, I'm not sure.

With all due respect I'm not sure why you people are once again letting CTM dictate what goes down... I just don't understand it considering what happened to JiF and the fact CTM was there on night 1!!! He is not the Doc or Cop... so just what is he then?

My vote stands.

I'm back.

dude.. that's ruthless if you are lieing.. but i don't think you'd go that far..

unvote

As of right now I'm probably most suspicious of JVOR and Dan x. With all the roles and the knowledge that I'm role less and not assimilated, shed be a likely candidate for an assimilation. Mostly because she has contributed enough and been on the right side of some trains. In a game like this you can give up a team member to solidify y our innocence because you can always convert another.

I haven't been comfortable with the jvor reveal since minute one. We keep protecting the power roles. It'd be easy for scum to say ZOMG POWER ROLE and live this game.

JVOR- who did you follow last night?

How do you feel about Bleedin?

With all due respect I'm not sure why you people are once again letting CTM dictate what goes down... I just don't understand it considering what happened to JiF and the fact CTM was there on night 1!!! He is not the Doc or Cop... so just what is he then?

My vote stands.

what am i dictating baby pac?

I'm not even voting..

How do you feel about Bleedin?

Bleeding is ridiculously hard for me to read. He's been present and is always great at seeming innocent. I have zero read on him. If I voted for him it'd be out of fear/respect of his abilities being scum.

You've played with jvor a lot, don't you find it odd that being "town" WITH an investigative role he still hasn't put a formidable case forward? From my recollection he's one of the best when it comes to that and we have yet to see it.

what am i dictating baby pac?

I'm not even voting..

Your shuck and jive routine is old but apparently still effective. You threaten us with some vague nonsensical statement and that's apparently enough to scare us off you.

I've seen you pull it off too many times to believe any of it... remember "all you do is work in logic for the last 10 years"... I'll give you this, you're better than me at this game.. I guess I need to find the proper balance of dooshy mixed with a faux pro town attitude... oh yeah sprinkle in the occasional threat lol!

Your shuck and jive routine is old but apparently still effective. You threaten us with some vague nonsensical statement and that's apparently enough to scare us off you.

I've seen you pull it off too many times to believe any of it... remember "all you do is work in logic for the last 10 years"... I'll give you this, you're better than me at this game.. I guess I need to find the proper balance of dooshy mixed with a faux pro town attitude... oh yeah sprinkle in the occasional threat lol!

oh shut up already...

Bleeding is ridiculously hard for me to read. He's been present and is always great at seeming innocent. I have zero read on him. If I voted for him it'd be out of fear/respect of his abilities being scum.

You've played with jvor a lot, don't you find it odd that being "town" WITH an investigative role he still hasn't put a formidable case forward? From my recollection he's one of the best when it comes to that and we have yet to see it.

I was feeling pretty good about Bleedin until tonight. It's hard for me to recall ever playing in a game with him before, though. Maybe because he normally gets killed so early?

I see your point about JVoR. I was willing to let him slide a little because I knew he was occupied outside of the game, but his questioning of CTM earlier was pretty shady.

I'm not lying. I had just kissed him good night so that's why I said it because I was thinking about what I'd swear my life on.

Gahhhh. If this is a lie, I will resent you for toying with my heart like this!

unvote

Vote: Bleedin

gut check time

vote Jvor

Outing me was anti town any way you slice it, watcher role makes more sense as scum power too..

Ugh, I said the same earlier and I'm really feeling like its down to lynching one of the two claimed roles other than you. My vote was on Dan because the math seemed to lead me there, but after watching the movie I feel like there's one person she must be, which leads me back to one of those two bozos.

Honestly, I'm currently thinking over the drawbacks of going for a mass reveal and working through it (assuming SMC would allow it), as we know we've got one scum cornered, and its not that hard to eliminate what is or isn't plausible in terms of roles with this setup. I feel like there's probably a reason it isn't a good idea (it very rarely is), but unless I've got my reads all wrong, my gut's telling me with the cards laid out on the table the guilty party should stick out like a sore thumb. Then again, it really shouldn't need to come to that.

I was feeling pretty good about Bleedin until tonight. It's hard for me to recall ever playing in a game with him before, though. Maybe because he normally gets killed so early?

I see your point about JVoR. I was willing to let him slide a little because I knew he was occupied outside of the game, but his questioning of CTM earlier was pretty shady.

Gahhhh. If this is a lie, I will resent you for toying with my heart like this!

unvote

Vote: Bleedin

I know better than to anger a Half-Asian woman.

;

I hate to say this but when either ctm or bg are still in the game I have to believe one of them is scum. Or both.

shush

shush? Was that just a real post over a week into this game? wow.

You led a lynch of JiF after visiting him on night one. He said he was a "bad ass mofo" and dared scum to assimilate him... err that seemed pretty clear to me what that meant.

Then you suggest a lynch of Vic who just made a pretty believable statement about his innocence... now you're bouncing around from BG and JVoR.

You're spastically voting any and everyone and we're all ignoring it LOL.. bravo to you.

Ugh, I said the same earlier and I'm really feeling like its down to lynching one of the two claimed roles other than you. My vote was on Dan because the math seemed to lead me there, but after watching the movie I feel like there's one person she must be, which leads me back to one of those two bozos.

Honestly, I'm currently thinking over the drawbacks of going for a mass reveal and working through it (assuming SMC would allow it), as we know we've got one scum cornered, and its not that hard to eliminate what is or isn't plausible in terms of roles with this setup. I feel like there's probably a reason it isn't a good idea (it very rarely is), but unless I've got my reads all wrong, my gut's telling me with the cards laid out on the table the guilty party should stick out like a sore thumb. Then again, it really shouldn't need to come to that.

At this point I'm inclined to off JVOR for the major change in gameplay. Ctm is being his ring leader self, you're unreadable, PAC is being bull-headed. Dan x is an enigma to me still and JVOR has changed. That's why those two stick out to me.

Hmmm ... unvote for the moment.

Although I'm concerned that laying our cards out on the table may simply result in another assimilation.

You might want to watch the movie again in slow motion.... you're not getting it.

If you want to be CTM's pawn again have at it.

MOD NOTE: You're permitted to reveal/fake reveal roles, but not character names.

shush? Was that just a real post over a week into this game? wow.

You led a lynch of JiF after visiting him on night one. He said he was a "bad ass mofo" and dared scum to assimilate him... err that seemed pretty clear to me what that meant.

Then you suggest a lynch of Vic who just made a pretty believable statement about his innocence... now you're bouncing around from BG and JVoR.

You're spastically voting any and everyone and we're all ignoring it LOL.. bravo to you.

go away..

thinking

Archived