Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i seem to remember a failed conversion one of those nights..

This conversion angle really blows..

Haven't there been 3 failed nighttime conversions?

Day 1 - no

Night 1 - no

Day 2 - conversion

Night 2 - conversion

Day 3 - conversion

Night 3- no

Day 4 - no

Night 4 - no

I did all of that from memory, so let me know if I messed up anything.

Vicious, i understand you want to proclaim your innocence, but swearing on things like that just makes it kind of awkward for the rest of us. I don't mean any disrespect to you or your child, who we all know is precious to you and you would never lie about it. There are two sides in this game, and it IS just a game. Just my opinion on it. If you disagree then i understand.

Anyways, i guess i could share this. CTM visited someone other than himself. I can out the person but it's your call if u want the name.

Vicious, i understand you want to proclaim your innocence, but swearing on things like that just makes it kind of awkward for the rest of us. I don't mean any disrespect to you or your child, who we all know is precious to you and you would never lie about it. There are two sides in this game, and it IS just a game. Just my opinion on it. If you disagree then i understand.

Anyways, i guess i could share this. CTM visited someone other than himself. I can out the person but it's your call if u want the name.

He still could be lying ... I don't see what the problem is. Unless you're scum. ;)

After sleeping on it, I'm going to vote Bleedin. I wonder if he may have been stalling for time last night, knowing we'd all consider his suggestion very carefully. And the more I think about it, it seems obvious that a mass daytime reveal benefits scum more than it does town.

I'd definitely like to hear that name.

Of course you would, cause you are dumb or evil..

Alrighty then let me get smart.

No one will listen to me on CTM so I'll listen to CTM on JVoR... let's see where the pied piper leads us.

unvote

Vote JVoR

Alrighty then let me get smart.

No one will listen to me on CTM so I'll listen to CTM on JVoR... let's see where the pied piper leads us.

unvote

Vote JVoR

Im nto convinced on anything, and believe me i'd love to share what i have.. but the threat of daytime assimilation will significantly muddy the waters..

does doctor stupid have a daytime protect?

Sorry for blowing up yesterday guys. Had a really bad day and took it out in the thread. Kinda embarassed about being so dramatic and letting a silly little game get that type of reaction out of me.

I still h8 everyone of you except for Muffin top.

Carry one...

I've been thinking this over and over, and playing out all the scenarios in my head in terms of who is who, here's what I've got. Vic and Dan I'm now fairly sure of. Just going through all of the scenarios, I'm fairly certain I know who Dan is now and while Vic could've been converted, I'm very skeptical of that, at least for the time being. So that brings us back to our three roled, and in actuality, my opinion has changed on it some.

While I was questioning JVOR for a bit on it, I'm feeling a little better about him. I know I said it seemed more like a possible scum role prior to watching the movie just based on the feel I got for the general storyline, but I'm not sure that's really the case. Plus, at this point he's the only investigative role we have in this game, which I can't imagine there was none and he certainly has the role he claims to (no matter which alignment he is), as is evidenced by the info he's given out. For the time being, I feel the best about him of the three.

That brings us back to Pac and CTM. Two guys who are essentially claiming the same role, while seemingly trying to pretend they aren't. As much as the town needed to be helped out in order to counter balance the conversions, we already know we've got bullet proof townies to help that, now we're supposed to believe we also have two doctors / protectors, one of which can protect himself AND another? Yet somehow with ALL of these protected players in the game, scum hits on conversion 4 times in the first few days? Something smells like bull**** there.

As for Pac, its really the same thoughts I mentioned yesterday and now being convinced that our scum must be between on these two bastards. But since I knew I said I felt confident about CTM yesterday, I feel I should explain further why that's no longer the case. The one reason I suddenly felt "better" about him is flawed from multiple angles, depending on when he was converted and also just my assumptions about JiF. Then the fact that I look back and see some of the advantageous behavior he's taken on, for example jumping all over my suggestion that JVOR's role seemed to sound the most like a scum role. Then looking back and realizing Sharrow (scum) was the first person to jump in and verify CTM's role using logic from the movie rather quickly, and in a case where having now seen the movie, is a bit questionable.

Yet somehow in all the movie talk that came up to explain things away right around then, there was some rather seriously important information that just happened to be "left out". Like say, the correlation between the progression of assimilation in the movie vs which characters were flipping scum when discussing the whole original Thing vs assimilated debates.

Im nto convinced on anything, and believe me i'd love to share what i have.. but the threat of daytime assimilation will significantly muddy the waters..

does doctor stupid have a daytime protect?

I'm not about to tell you anything about what I have/don't have.

I think you're a smart guy and trust you have a firm grasp on the game so I'm ready to follow your lead.

ok then bleedin...

so heres the deal, lets see if a daytime assimiliation occurs to fuxor the game

1) I'm the scientist with the blood tests

2) i have a bullet proof thing similiar to jif

I inferred multiple protection capabilities in order to try and protect jvor from conversion as i knew he had some kind of power due to picking up my day 1 investigation. (and at the time, i didn't thnk powered scum was likely in a conversion game)

My plan was to say i could protect someone by being with them, cause the thing always converted alone, but that charade has gone on long enough i reckon...

If you don't beleive me, i breadcrumbed it, go see who i talk about as being innocent right after each night phase..

I have 2 investigation results which should be clean, as theirs been no assimilation since then, and I can release them if we think it makes sense (but frankly i'm wondering about a godfather anyway) (also, with what i've said, anyone but pac should be able to figure it out)

I'm not about to tell you anything about what I have/don't have.

I think you're a smart guy and trust you have a firm grasp on the game so I'm ready to follow your lead.

well that sucks.. if true.. i just spilled it..

What's this crap? The second I stop trusting him, you start? Ugh.

Dude no one was listening and I hit my wall.. I don't trust him at all... in fact I think he's scum. He said he had "pro town powers" but never said he was town.. He also never said he was the Doc which is impossible considering I am.

If it takes following him to drive this point home then that's what I'll do.

ok then bleedin...

I inferred multiple protection capabilities in order to try and protect jvor from conversion as i knew he had some kind of power due to picking up my day 1 investigation. (and at the time, i didn't thnk powered scum was likely in a conversion game)

My plan was to say i could protect someone by being with them, cause the thing always converted alone, but that charade has gone on long enough i reckon...

If you don't beleive me, i breadcrumbed it, go see who i talk about as being innocent right after each night phase..

I have 2 investigation results which should be clean, as theirs been no assimilation since then, and I can release them if we think it makes sense (but frankly i'm wondering about a godfather anyway) (also, with what i've said, anyone but pac should be able to figure it out)

Better than the Ninja Rat story... I'll give you that.

I still don't buy it but I'm sure others will... Like I said, I'll vote where you vote.

ok then bleedin...

Well that just threw all my theories straight down the ****ter. A Godfather doesn't make sense in this game though, particularly given what you're saying your role is. Are the 2 investigation results you have both still living players?

Better than the Ninja Rat story... I'll give you that.

I still don't buy it but I'm sure others will... Like I said, I'll vote where you vote.

Ok, well i investigated Dan x last night and she came back human.. i'm sure jvor will back me up..

Jvor i also have as human from 2 days ago (meaning he's still human or a multipowered thing, GF + watcher, to counter my capabilties)

Bleedin and Vic i have nothing on..

And I bought your story so I never investigated you..

If there's a vig in the game, we can lynch one of Bleedin/Vic and shoot the other tonight

Or we can role the dice that jvor/dan x is god father

or we can lynch pac, but i think he's being honest..

Well that just threw all my theories straight down the ****ter. A Godfather doesn't make sense in this game though, particularly given what you're saying your role is. Are the 2 investigation results you have both still living players?

ask him if he got his results before or after he wanted to lynch every player in the game yesterday...

In mafia setups it's typical to balance cop and godfather, or when balancing you say ,I have a cop versus a godfather..

most games we've played here has had a god father.. so i'm leaning towards jvor as godfather.. As i still can't figure out why he'd have outed me as the likely cop if he was truely town..

Archived