Jets Sign Clint Stitser

hoping4ASuperBowl

Wow. We can't say ****?

Apparently a 4.0 student and quite the powerful dude.

6. Clint S****er, kicker, Fresno State: S****er is not your average place kicker. "He's above most linebackers," says Fresno State strength coach Andy Bennett. The 6-1, 202-pounder power cleans 341 and hang cleans 357. Best of all, S****er proves to be quite the motivator for teammates. "Guys are thinking, 'Damn the kicker's stronger than I am. I better get after it,'" Bennett says.

http://www.scoutsnotebook.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=4440

Now if only he can kick.

Who cares about his goddamn GPA, let's hope he can kick it through the uprights consistently.

There's a lot of intelligence that goes into kicking. First you have to kick the ball hard, then you have to make it through those big yellow bars. Advanced stuff right there.

Jets ink a kicker

Posted by Mike Florio on April 6, 2010 6:41 PM ET

A day after being spurned by Neil Rackers, the New York Jets have added a kicker, who'll ostensibly compete with Nick Folk.

The team announced that Clint S****er has joined the team.

S****er has been out of football in 2008 and 2009; he spent four seasons at Fresno State University.

The Jets presumably see something in S****er that has eluded all other NFL, CFL, and UFL teams.

S****er has been out of football in 2008 and 2009; he spent four seasons at Fresno State University.

The Jets presumably see something in S****er that has eluded all other NFL, CFL, and UFL teams.

LMAO!!!!!:rl:

the guy hasn't even played in the last year or so. what the f???? first move that jets have done in awhile that have me scratching my head.

the guy hasn't even played in the last year or so. what the f???? first move that jets have done in awhile that have me scratching my head.

The guy's a camp leg. You need two kickers in camp, otherwise you burn out your proposed starter. I doubt the Jets are done here. Probably pick up a UDFA, too, and cut one of these guys in the May mini's.

For starters S****er has the reputation of being strong and it took almost a miracle for Feely to kick a touchback. this should automatically give us better field position.

Maybe the idea is for him to provide the kicking on kickoffs. If he can prove that he can consistently put it through the uprights as well then we just bagged ourselves an elusive one that can out-bench Gholston.

so a little more info about the St!tsers signing

Louie Aguiar has a kicking academy in Vegas. That academy held a pro day. St!tsers looked awesome at that pro day, especially kicking off.

http://www.aguiarkicking.com/news.html?newsid=26

Clint St!tser kicked well on Thursday. St!tser kicked 10 field goals and made 9. His kick-offs were outstanding, with excellent hang-time.

it could be a situation where st!tsers kicks off and folk handles the field goals and XP. it could be a situation where st!tsers wins the job outright. of course there is the situation where st!tsers sucks and doesn't make it through camp.

either way... stay tuned Jets fans...

Louie Aguiar has a kicking academy in Vegas. That academy held a pro day. St!tsers looked awesome at that pro day, especially kicking off.

it could be a situation where st!tsers kicks off and folk handles the field goals and XP. it could be a situation where st!tsers wins the job outright. of course there is the situation where st!tsers sucks and doesn't make it through camp.

That's a really cool site. Pat Leahy is on their staff.

Bitonti just touched on what I was about to say. There are kicking schools that almost every kicker attends to hone their style. St!tster probably didn't make it coming out of college, but has been working at these schools the last few years to improve, and now feels ready to compete on an NFL level.

We'll see.

Jets carried four QB's last year, it wouldn't bother me if they opted to carry a second kicker - especially if that guy proved to be a legitimate weapon on KO's. Be a welcome change from Jay Feely there.

I thought Folk said something about wanting to go somewhere where he'd get to KO, too, though... ?

If Aguiar has been teaching him how to tackle, I think we just found our replacement for Wallace Wright.

If Aguiar has been teaching him how to tackle, I think we just found our replacement for Wallace Wright.

Did anybody look and see who else is on the staff at the world renowned Aguiar Kicking Academy:

staffleahy.jpg

Pat Leahy

Eighteen year NFL veteran place kicker for the New York Jets. Pat resides in St. Louis, MO with his wife Colleen.

:yes:

Archived