Could Jason Taylor's Skill and Technique Rub Off On Gholston?

Mr.Revis

Here's something no one has discussed yet. If we bring in Taylor, the 35 year old pass rushing veteran, who knows, maybe he could teach Gholston a trick or two. Maybe he can finally put some fresh oil in Gholston's tank, you know get him going and what not. Its just another thing to consider to look on the upside if we get Jason Taylor.

Here's something no one has discussed yet. If we bring in Taylor, the 35 year old pass rushing veteran, who knows, maybe he could teach Gholston a trick or two. Maybe he can finally put some fresh oil in Gholston's tank, you know get him going and what not. Its just another thing to consider to look on the upside if we get Jason Taylor.

Just a thought, but I think that's what coaches are for.

Just a thought, but I think that's what coaches are for.

Yeah your right, but clearly the coaches cant light the fire up Gholstons behind....same thing with cromartie and his san diego coaches....i have no doubt in my mind revis will teach him everything he knows cause cromartie already has the athleticism.

You never know what Taylor can bring to this organization. Yeah hes old, but it could be proven to be better for the jets because he can bring his knowledge and wisdom to young players like Gholston.

If we sign JT.. its probably the end of VG (barring injuries) because he wont see the field this year.. and OLB will probably be drafted next year.

So your positive that Rex Ryan wont give gholston some chances because of the signing of a 35 year old OLB.

Mind you Gholston is still under a whopping contract. Rex Ryan isnt dumb. Hes gonna give the guy some opportunities for christ sakes.

So your positive that Rex Ryan wont give gholston some chances because of the signing of a 35 year old OLB.

Mind you Gholston is still under a whopping contract. Rex Ryan isnt dumb. Hes gonna give the guy some opportunities for christ sakes.

Rex Ryan isnt dumb = hes not going to play somebody just because a former regime drafted him and gave him that contract. He has no responsibility for VG or his contract.

If he plays.. hell probably be subbing for pace (assuming thomas plays downs 1 and 2 and JT plays 3rd).. doubt he will ever really get enough meaningful snaps to consider it "giving him a chance"

Dude, Gholston is a complete retard when it comes to football, we should cut our losses and move on.

Here's something no one has discussed yet. If we bring in Taylor, the 35 year old pass rushing homo, who knows, maybe he could teach Gholston a trick or two. Maybe he can finally rub some fresh oil on Gholston's back, you know get him going and what not. Its just another thing to consider to look on the upside if we get Jason Taylor.

Fixed

Rub off on?

Is there something about Gholston we don

Seriously, even without changing your original post, you want him to, "put fresh oil in Gholston's tank,"????

Very few players are complete garbage. Maybe Gholston can be salvaged. At any rate, this season will be his last chance with the Jets, one way or another.

Hope we see a new VG out there; but I won't hold my breath on that one.

Can people stop. It's time to give up on this guy. I gave up on him the first time I saw him play. For crying out loud, he ****ing sucks. Even Lawrence Taylor couldn't even make a player outta him. He sucks. I can't believe we're paying this guy so much.

Look at this video:

d6f4rLJ-ipw

Wait until it hits 0:40. The dude fell chasing David Carr. I know he made a big hit after, but the guy doesn't deserve to play in the NFL.

And by the looks of it, he can't dance either. F*** HIM!

Can people stop. It's time to give up on this guy. I gave up on him the first time I saw him play. For crying out loud, he ****ing sucks. Even Lawrence Taylor couldn't even make a player outta him. He sucks. I can't believe we're paying this guy so much.

Look at this video:

d6f4rLJ-ipw

Wait until it hits 0:40. The dude fell chasing David Carr. I know he made a big hit after, but the guy doesn't deserve to play in the NFL.

And by the looks of it, he can't dance either. F*** HIM!

Lmfao! The first play had me rolling in laughter, he was so unbalanced....I just dont understand though, stuff like taking in proper angles can be taught easily, he will get better this year...this is vernon's comeback year.

My user name indicates that I was totally against drafting McFadden that draft and while I'm happy we had nothing to do with him I didn't have a problem with drafting Gholston and for that and numerous other reasons I wake up every morning hating myself.

Lmfao! The first play had me rolling in laughter, he was so unbalanced....I just dont understand though, stuff like taking in proper angles can be taught easily, he will get better this year...this is vernon's comeback year.

Get better? I can name offensive players who are better than Gholston at the OLB position.

Who?

I can bet anything that Brandon Jacobs will be better than Gholston. I'll add players like Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzales. They probably won't be good, but they'll contribute more than nothing, which is what Gholston accomplishes.

Archived