Official JN Schottenheimer Discussion Thread

Irish Jet

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont give a damn what anyone says fire him this week it cant possibly get any worse and let Callahan run the offense. I think Sanchez knows its Shotty but hes a kid and probably feels his inexperience gives him no right to question the OC Personally I think he should as should the WR's and the rest of this entire team. GEt him TFO

If no one gets fired or benched over these past few performances, Rex needs to take more blame than he has been. It's unacceptable and accountability must be had.

Are you kidding me? Rex has started every postgame PC by blaming himself, even after wins.

I think Rex needs to be given the opportunity to pick his own OC.

Not a Shotty fan but people act like if he wasnt here, things would be sooo different. My eyes tell me otherwise.

1) Our WRs drop big passes

2) Drops aside, Sanchez accuracy has not been great all year. He throws behind guys, he misses wide open guys sometimes.

3) LTs burst is gone and Greene looks doesnt look like a game changer.

4) With Sanchez going thru growing pains and no dynamic RB - defenses stack the box.

Why are so many afraid to take a step back and call out the ineffectiveness of the players, especially the QB.

Yes Sanchez is very young but that doesnt mean we cannot be critical of his lousy play of late.

Not a Shotty fan but people act like if he wasnt here, things would be sooo different. My eyes tell me otherwise.

1) Our WRs drop big passes

2) Drops aside, Sanchez accuracy has not been great all year. He throws behind guys, he misses wide open guys sometimes.

3) LTs burst is gone and Greene looks doesnt look like a game changer.

4) With Sanchez going thru growing pains and no dynamic RB - defenses stack the box.

Why are so many afraid to take a step back and call out the ineffectiveness of the players, especially the QB.

Yes Sanchez is very young but that doesnt mean we cannot be critical of his lousy play of late.

Why does it have to be one or the other. BOTH are at fault. Arguing the chicken or the egg with our offensive woes is just idiotic. Sanchez is inaccurate, our WRs give up on plays and drop balls. Schotty puts his players in positions to fail.

And at the end of the day both players and coaches need to step it up.

Why does it have to be one or the other. BOTH are at fault. Arguing the chicken or the egg with our offensive woes is just idiotic. Sanchez is inaccurate, our WRs give up on plays and drop balls. Schotty puts his players in positions to fail.

And at the end of the day both players and coaches need to step it up.

Agreed. Believe me, I know there is enough blame to go around to everyone. I am just saying that it seems everyone around here wants to just blame the coaching staff. Could the staff be better? Of course. But at the end of the day players must make plays. And I dont see that happening at all.

Then f*ckin poured some gasoline, lit him on fire, and forcefeed it to his stupid, loser f*ck daddy that got him this job! That'll show him to call bad plays and cost us two Super Bowls in a row!

Hahahahahaha. This is the best one so far. Shotty cost us two SBs in a row! HAHAHAHAHAHA. Smoke if u got 'em bro.

There's a lot of blame to go around, but (1) playcalling and (2) play design is all on Schitty.

Schitty will have his share of nicely designed plays. But his playcalling sucks for the most part.

The fact that he called on 3 1st down pass plays (only 1 playaction) until the final drive is damning. It was insane the amount of 1st down runs up the gut.

I cant stand the guy but other than the terrible Wildcat playcall (and possibly the decision to spike the ball late) what really was his fault? The Jets offensive line stinks. From Ferguson on downward. The QB throws all over the field and when he finally throws to a guy on his team they drop it. Its just not a very productive team. Thats not all on the coach.

I cant stand the guy but other than the terrible Wildcat playcall (and possibly the decision to spike the ball late) what really was his fault? The Jets offensive line stinks. From Ferguson on downward. The QB throws all over the field and when he finally throws to a guy on his team they drop it. Its just not a very productive team. Thats not all on the coach.

Jason, you're too smart to sound like Gato. You have no right to criticize the players. The players are not at fault here. They are merely doing what they are told to do. This offensive system is clearly not conducive to scoring points, it's not QB friendly, it's not WR friendly (no screens, routes, and too many drops called), he forces Greene to catch the ball (which he CANNOT DO!), he never calls pass plays, he never calls run plays...yet at the same time he calls too much of each...It's an offense made for a JV HS team at best.

THE SYSTEM IS HOLDING US DOWN MAAAAAN.

The Jets had just got Santonio Holmes. We had signed LT. We had Braylon Edwards, Jericho Cotchery and Dusting Keller. We had Shonn Greene ready to breakout. We had what most people considered the best offensive line in football. We had a shaky young QB who had shown plenty of promise along with some rookie mistakes. He will only get better.

Where could it go wrong?

To much LT, not enough Greene. Greene is 3 times better at this stage in his career yet Schotty's love affair for LT's resurrection continues to be force fed to us,and keeps haunting our offense. Ever since LT arrived Schotty has gotten more predictable, constantly wanting to make him the focal point of our O. When we win big- Keller,Edwards,Holmes, and Greene are the feature players. The sad part is, thats only happened in the 1st pats game,and 1st miami games, surprise! when we dominated because we didnt over use LT. Schotty is stupid for trying to make LT the key on offense. Never thought i'd miss Thomas Jones' slow a$$, but now i do. Greene was our horse last season in our playoff run...why has Schotty forgotten this?? What a dunce.

Lets put this simply.. . If Sanchez was playing in NEs offensive system, he'd be a top 10 QB. He wouldn't be Tom Brady, but he'd be a very productive top 10 NFL QB.

In our offense, he's a bottom 5 QB. If you put Tom Brady in our offense, he wouldn't be bottom 5, but he'd be bottom half.

yes, our offense is "good" enough to stop Tom Brady.

Greene did his usual 10 touches then injury routine.

I have no idea what that guy has done to get the pass he gets. He's a decent RB...why anyone is so impressed with a RB who consistently gets himself taken out of games is beyond me.

You should love Greene... he single-handedly ensured Schotty would have a job this year during our playoff run.

As usual, there were plenty of mind-bogglingly dumb calls all over the place. Was it all that much worse than normal? Not particularly, although that 4th down wildcat play call was probably the worst call of the NFL season. It was that bad. However, this isn't some sort of new revelation on Schotty based on this game, it's just the same story that we've been seeing for five years now. You're not replacing the entire offense and the fact is that we're never going to know what these guys are capable of until they have an opportunity to be properly coached. He's clearly not getting through to them, as the Jets are getting worse by the week on offense from top to bottom. Plus consider that we've already seen multiple instances of former Jets performing significantly better with different coaching, and there's no reason the same won't hold true for the current Jets.

In the end, maybe it won't make a difference, but the point is that it potentially could and after five years it's blatantly obvious that there is nothing Schotty is going to do that's going to change anything. It's not like it can get any worse than it already is, so what's the downside really? Outside of a list of excuses, there's no particularly solid reasoning for retaining him in this position.

The Jets had just got Santonio Holmes. We had signed LT. We had Braylon Edwards, Jericho Cotchery and Dusting Keller. We had Shonn Greene ready to breakout. We had what most people considered the best offensive line in football. We had a shaky young QB who had shown plenty of promise along with some rookie mistakes. He will only get better.

Where could it go wrong?

It went wrong when Schotty forgot about those players and just runs plays for LT. Running and passing.

David Wright (on the firing of Jerry Manuel): "I don't think it's fair. Jerry can't come out there and hit the ball for us, or make the plays in the field for us..."

Comparing an OC in football to a baseball manager is dumb. He designs the entire offense and they have scored 6 points in 2 games against 2 terrible defenses. Thats unforgivable.

Archived