So who thinks these signing are being done to drive PSL Sales?

lawngnome o-line

I'd like to think that the Jets are doing all of this to improve (and in my opinion I love all of this offseason action, definitely keeps its interesting).

But generally there is a difference between signing big names and signing players that can help your team win.

Woody and Tanny have proven that they can do the first, which makes me happy to be a Jet fan. Glad to see they are willing to make those moves, but I'd be blind to think it is just to improve the team. It's hard to be that naive.

Since I'm not able to get tickets, I can't complain either way!!! :cheers:

So tired of this argument... The only thing that drives up PSL sales is winning. We did that last season, mission accomplished. Now they have to keep on winning.

"My favorite football team keeps getting better just so they can sell tickets"

Serious can Jet fans be happy about anything without coming up with something to complain about? Can't we just be excited for once?

I agree , instead of scrutinizing these moves , just enjoy them . We are finally getting name players who aren't past their primes ( with the exception of LT ) .

Serious can Jet fans be happy about anything without coming up with something to complain about? Can't we just be excited for once?

They will be happy if we have a crappy season and the stadium is empty, so they can say "Told you so... Same Old Jets".

BZ

"Because the Jets got Santonio Holmes, I decided to give them twenty thousand dollars." - No One.

That is a ridiculous pov. But say if we didn't sign Cro, LT, and Holmes, and instead picked up lower profile role guys (Poole, Folk, et al).

The average jet fan (not people on this board, our decision about PSL's were decided months ago), would feel that the team isn't getting it done to put the best product and may not consider PSL's if they have it.

Instead when these fans here the names of Cromartie, Tomlinson, and Holmes, especially coming off of this year, it makes it that much more attractive than finding suitable alternatives at each position.

Moves like this do not get the diehard blogosphere Jet Fan. It is to get the slightly above average Jet fan who is easily distracted with shiny things and pretty colors (or big name players).

That is a ridiculous pov. But say if we didn't sign Cro, LT, and Holmes, and instead picked up lower profile role guys (Poole, Folk, et al).

The average jet fan (not people on this board, our decision about PSL's were decided months ago), would feel that the team isn't getting it done to put the best product and may not consider PSL's if they have it.

Instead when these fans here the names of Cromartie, Tomlinson, and Holmes, especially coming off of this year, it makes it that much more attractive than finding suitable alternatives at each position.

Moves like this do not get the diehard blogosphere Jet Fan. It is to get the slightly above average Jet fan who is easily distracted with shiny things and pretty colors (or big name players).

That's all fine and dandy, but then you're assuming that 'average Jet fan who is easily distracted with shiny things and pretty colors' woke up yesterday morning and opened the paper, and that motivated him to open his checkbook and write 2-0-0-0-0 in the box.

I highly doubt players are what put 'the average Jet fan' on the fence, but rather, that number in the box.

I'd like to think that the Jets are doing all of this to improve (and in my opinion I love all of this offseason action, definitely keeps its interesting).

But generally there is a difference between signing big names and signing players that can help your team win.

Woody and Tanny have proven that they can do the first, which makes me happy to be a Jet fan. Glad to see they are willing to make those moves, but I'd be blind to think it is just to improve the team. It's hard to be that naive.

Since I'm not able to get tickets, I can't complain either way!!! :cheers:

all signings are ultimately to boost sales because you're trying to boost the talent of the team. Thats more of a byproduct

Archived