thanksgiving night at home?

jetscott

Thanksgiving Classic. These games will take place on Thursday, November 25, 2010. Assuming the status quo continues, the Detroit Lions will host the New England Patriots, at 12:30 p.m. EST on CBS. Fox holds the rights to the 4:15 p.m. EST game, which will feature the Dallas Cowboys hosting an NFC team, which is yet to be determined (the possibilities are the New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears, or the New Orleans Saints). The prime-time NFL Network game, featuring the New York Jets as the host team,[21] will be featured at 8:20 p.m. EST. By default, since the Lions game would be against an AFC team and the Lions are scheduled to host the Jets and Patriots this year, this leaves New England as the only possible opponent.

just read this on wikipedia

Thanksgiving Classic. These games will take place on Thursday, November 25, 2010. Assuming the status quo continues, the Detroit Lions will host the New England Patriots, at 12:30 p.m. EST on CBS. Fox holds the rights to the 4:15 p.m. EST game, which will feature the Dallas Cowboys hosting an NFC team, which is yet to be determined (the possibilities are the New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears, or the New Orleans Saints). The prime-time NFL Network game, featuring the New York Jets as the host team,[21] will be featured at 8:20 p.m. EST. By default, since the Lions game would be against an AFC team and the Lions are scheduled to host the Jets and Patriots this year, this leaves New England as the only possible opponent.

just read this on wikipedia

Huh? New England is the only possible opponent for the Jets, but yet Detroit is hosting New England? WTF. That makes no sense...

Huh? New England is the only possible opponent for the Jets, but yet Detroit is hosting New England? WTF. That makes no sense...

The wikipedia post assumes the Lions game, played in Detroit, will have an AFC opponent. The Lions play 2 home games against AFC opponents this year: NE and NYJ. Since the Jets are scheduled to play at home that same night, the only AFC road team left on Detroit's schedule is NE.

It means (if Detroit plays an AFC team on Thanksgiving), New England is the only possible opponent for the Lions, not the only possible opponent for the Jets.

The wikipedia post assumes the Lions game, played in Detroit, will have an AFC opponent. The Lions play 2 home games against AFC opponents this year: NE and NYJ. Since the Jets are scheduled to play at home that same night, the only AFC road team left on Detroit's schedule is NE.

It means (if Detroit plays an AFC team on Thanksgiving), New England is the only possible opponent for the Lions, not the only possible opponent for the Jets.

So we're still no closer to figuring out who we're playing, right? :(

So we're still no closer to figuring out who we're playing, right? :(

Well if Detroit plays NE, we know it won't be Detroit or NE. ;)

While technically a possiblility, I have a hard time believing it would be Buffalo for ratings reasons.

Legit possibilities:

Miami

Baltimore

Cincy

Houston

Green Bay

Minnesota

I'd have to believe the front-runners would be Minnesota (particularly if Favre returns) and Green Bay. Baltimore's a possibility but that would likely attract a lesser crowd since - at the time of scheduling - it would seem to be a battle of defenses. It's going to be the only NFL game on TV and they're going to want to attract viewers with some scoring. That leaves Minnesota, Green Bay, and Houston for the Jets to score on (since no one on our schedule is going to be able to score on us).

That's the longer answer. The shorter answer is a simple no.

This is perfect, New England should be pretty damn tired by the time they line up for the second game of the day.

Rumor is the Texans are really trying hard to land the game.

I got the same statement from the Jets Organization a few weeks ago when Foxjet & I were on tour of the new stadium.

I'm hoping for Green bay but it's gonna be Houston.

right. I didn't even know we were playing thanksgiving night before I read that.

Were playing the Houston Texans on Thankgiving Night most likely they have asked the league to be our opponent on that day so unless the league has something against them they will be our opponent.

thanksgiving home game stinks if you ask me personally I will not go that game - family is more important.

+1. It is a great game to watch from the couch. By that time all of the family stuff will be over, but after gorging all day plus drinking beer and wine for hours, the motivation to go to the game will be at an all time low.

Archived