Karma, She is a B*tch

Maxman

So I was in Philadelphia today setting up for a trade show next week. Took me 3 hours and 15 minutes to get home. Traffic everywhere, accidents everywhere.

I get home and I am looking for this binder\portfolio thing I always carry around. Can't find it anywhere. Realized that I left it on top of my car when I was taking stuff out of the back for the show. Got distracted as I was leaving, someone called me and I totally forgot.

This thing has all my notes for the show, details of meetings that are scheduled with times, reservation email, floor plan, competitive notes...I am royally screwed without it. Some of the info I have electronically and can reprint. But there were a lot of handwritten notes in there that I took while on the phone, that is definitely lost.

BUT -- the karma part...as I left the parking garage to go into the convention center there was this crazy lady outside. (This part is a true story). She was SCREAMING, "I ain't sucking your d*ck". Screaming it. I realized I didn't have the portfolio when I got there but she was by the entrance and I said screw it, I don't need it (didn't remember it was on the roof). Because of the crazy d'lady I just kept walking.

Alright now here is the karma part I promise. Hours later I am going back to my car. The lady is still sitting there screaming at people. So I go past her, go inside and get in the elevator. The elevator has a glass wall so you can see the street. She is sitting against the wall. As I get in the elevator I start banging on the wall to scare the crap out of her.

Stupid I know but I thought it was funny. So funny that I forgot to talk the portfolio off the roof before I pulled out. Now I can't help but think that this thing fell on the sidewalk in front of her and right now she is wiping her a$$ with my notes.

Can't say I don't deserve it.

So I was in Philadelphia today setting up for a trade show next week. Took me 3 hours and 15 minutes to get home. Traffic everywhere, accidents everywhere.

I get home and I am looking for this binder\portfolio thing I always carry around. Can't find it anywhere. Realized that I left it on top of my car when I was taking stuff out of the back for the show. Got distracted as I was leaving, someone called me and I totally forgot.

This thing has all my notes for the show, details of meetings that are scheduled with times, reservation email, floor plan, competitive notes...I am royally screwed without it. Some of the info I have electronically and can reprint. But there were a lot of handwritten notes in there that I took while on the phone, that is definitely lost.

BUT -- the karma part...as I left the parking garage to go into the convention center there was this crazy lady outside. (This part is a true story). She was SCREAMING, "I ain't sucking your d*ck". Screaming it. I realized I didn't have the portfolio when I got there but she was by the entrance and I said screw it, I don't need it (didn't remember it was on the roof). Because of the crazy d'lady I just kept walking.

Alright now here is the karma part I promise. Hours later I am going back to my car. The lady is still sitting there screaming at people. So I go past her, go inside and get in the elevator. The elevator has a glass wall so you can see the street. She is sitting against the wall. As I get in the elevator I start banging on the wall to scare the crap out of her.

Stupid I know but I thought it was funny. So funny that I forgot to talk the portfolio off the roof before I pulled out. Now I can't help but think that this thing fell on the sidewalk in front of her and right now she is wiping her a$$ with my notes.

:rl::rl:

Yes. You deserved it. ;)

The crazy lady story is funny, but it is you, Max, who was irresponsible, not the crazy lady.

I'm very dissapointed in you. ;)

I have some great crazy people stories from NYC. Not to one up you or anything. I'll save them for another day.

I'll tell you something just for shiggles, though. When the old man was doing clinical years ago for Occupational Therapy, there was a patient with schizophrenia who always told him, "I always know what my family is thinking." They'd see her rarely, and I call exaggerated perception, but she always knew EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING.

She also told him his balls were gonna fall off. Then she said, no, no, my radar is a little off, it's just the one. He had already gone through Testicular Ca and was uniballing. We still laugh about that.

Yes. You deserved it. ;)

The crazy lady story is funny, but it is you, Max, who was irresponsible, not the crazy lady.

I'm very dissapointed in you. ;)

It is definitely all my fault. I get that, I think there is even an icon here that sums that up.

I did laugh though thinking that she probably has all my notes.

And Rutgers - no iPad for me. Maybe eventually...but not now. I don't want to make my Droid jealous. :-P

Boring.

****ing boring.

Can any of you blame me for wanting to kill myself?

Can god!

And Rutgers - no iPad for me. Maybe eventually...but not now. I don't want to make my Droid jealous. :-P

Yeah, ok. Like the 1000 texts messages with iphone marketing i send you isn't enough. Or setting your ringtone to The Submarines? Setting your chrome home page to apple.com/iphone/buy? Adding the ATT store as one of your favorites in the nav app?

Is your bulb really this dim? I want out. Replace me with one of those infernal iphones. Please!!

I have some great crazy people stories from NYC. Not to one up you or anything. I'll save them for another day.

I'll tell you something just for shiggles, though. When the old man was doing clinical years ago for Occupational Therapy, there was a patient with schizophrenia who always told him, "I always know what my family is thinking." They'd see her rarely, and I call exaggerated perception, but she always knew EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING.

She also told him his balls were gonna fall off. Then she said, no, no, my radar is a little off, it's just the one. He had already gone through Testicular Ca and was uniballing. We still laugh about that.

Never mess with the crazy one's. They DO know. :biggrin:

20 years ago I quit my job working construction down here -to effin hot and started driving a Yellow Cab in West Palm Beach. Now we had to pay $500 a week for the lease and I did the same thing got in the car and left my manila envelope with the 500 bucks on top of the car and drove away. I get a few miles away and realize the envelope isn't there so I call my wife from a pay phone (no cells back then) and she says "no, it's not here" so race home and a block away in the middle of the street is the envelope-someone was looking out for us that day.

So the rest is b.s.?

You'd think if you were going to make up a story at least it would be interesting.

Archived