Need Some Feedback please

Falcon63

Okay, as some of you may already know, I play high school football and I'm looking to play college football. My coach lost all of my highlights from my freshman and sophomore season, and I only played 3 games the entire junior season before my injury, and I only have 2 films. I recently made a very short highlight tape from those 2 games, and I want honest opinions if this film could even get me into D2. I added a little workout thing at the end cause I thought it might help;

wlURqqDfvVU

Hey it looks like you are having a hard time with those speed rushers. :winking0001:

You might want to edit the video, circle yourself on anything you want to really jump out\highlight it a bit more.

Last thing -- if one of my kids put their number out on youtube...ah. Good luck though.

Yeah, I never got the hang of drop steps for Tackles. I know I only have film from 2 games, so there isn't really much at all to work with, so I thought the reps of 225 at the end might help a bit to show that I'm pretty strong and got potential. I hope to get 20 reps by the end of the school year.

Yeah, I never got the hang of drop steps for Tackles. I know I only have film from 2 games, so there isn't really much at all to work with, so I thought the reps of 225 at the end might help a bit to show that I'm pretty strong and got potential. I hope to get 20 reps by the end of the school year.

Trying to be honest here : Nothing special was brought out in the film that would have a college coach say :shock: WOW !! . You DO need to get lower. You're playing way too high. Looked like you were just giving a brush block then going out for a pass on several of the plays. Best of luck to you.

Like its been said before very hard to follow. I know you said that you only had 2 games worth of tape but you didnt exactly pick the best plays to show. you sometimes look lost.

from the sounds of it it sounds like your a Jr. this year. my suggestion is work on your technique get some more games at tackle under your belt as a senior and send tapes out after your senior season.

there's no reason that you cant be a D2 or D3 player if you take it seriously and work your ass off. but i wouldnt suggest using this tape.

yeah.....i agree with the tape being very hard to follow. i mean i'm no expert at breaking down film but i can't imagine that being easy to follow for anyone. if you do in fact have abnother year of football i suggest that you work your ass off for this coming seaosn and have someone competent take dedicated film of you......this way you you will be the focus of the film and then you can have a ton of plays form which to pick your best ones.

I think the worst part is the 3.0 GPA, which, in the Florida public school system, I figure is equivalent to "functional idiot".

Had 3.6 GPA after sophomore year with all honors classes. After my surgery, I couldn't get to my classes because elevators didn't work, so my GPA went down 0.6. Also, I'm going to try and play MLB this season, maybe NT if I don't get faster, but probably not OL, unless it's LG. I've increased my bench of 225 reps to 15, I have better footwork than the All-County HB on our team and all the other players, and I'm just ready to hit this season. In college, my size would put me at MLB, but in high school I could be a very good NT, as that is my best position. I can break double teams better than I can one-on-one, and NTs get doubled a lot. Although obviously I'm slower due to my torn ACL/MCL, I believe that I am a better player than my film shows, seeing as how I have better technique, better footwork, and more strength. Only thing I need to work on now is leg strength. I hit 185 10 times in squat pretty easily, and I might try 225 a few times on Wednesday. Not a whole lot, but I'm still recovering, and I can get back up quickly if I work for it.

If i was you i wouldnt switch positions voluntarily. As much fun as playing MLB and NT sound, if you haven't played them seriously in the past, they are not positons that you'll just be good at from the get go. Their not easy positions to play. and if you want any chance to play football in college i suggest that you just stick to either guard or tackle.

If i was you i wouldnt switch positions voluntarily. As much fun as playing MLB and NT sound, if you haven't played them seriously in the past, they are not positons that you'll just be good at from the get go. Their not easy positions to play. and if you want any chance to play football in college i suggest that you just stick to either guard or tackle.

I've played NT, and pretty well, before. EASILY my best position on the field.

That was 225 at the end? I thought it was 185. Seriously. Put something in the video that makes that stand out....

That was 225 at the end? I thought it was 185. Seriously. Put something in the video that makes that stand out....

Yeah, I only got 2 caddys at my house (45 lb plates), so I use a 45, 35, and 10 on each side, with a 45 lb bar. And what, you mean like show that it's 225 so people don't think I'm lying? I thought of that too, I'll make another video today, and see if it helps.

Had 3.6 GPA after sophomore year with all honors classes. After my surgery, I couldn't get to my classes because elevators didn't work, so my GPA went down 0.6. Also, I'm going to try and play MLB this season, maybe NT if I don't get faster, but probably not OL, unless it's LG. I've increased my bench of 225 reps to 15, I have better footwork than the All-County HB on our team and all the other players, and I'm just ready to hit this season. In college, my size would put me at MLB, but in high school I could be a very good NT, as that is my best position. I can break double teams better than I can one-on-one, and NTs get doubled a lot. Although obviously I'm slower due to my torn ACL/MCL, I believe that I am a better player than my film shows, seeing as how I have better technique, better footwork, and more strength. Only thing I need to work on now is leg strength. I hit 185 10 times in squat pretty easily, and I might try 225 a few times on Wednesday. Not a whole lot, but I'm still recovering, and I can get back up quickly if I work for it.

Ok, I cannot be the only one calling Bull **** on this whole thing?

The olympic bar itself is 45 lb. . It's a legit 225 Max.

i saw what Max saw at first but then i took a second look at it. Instead of two 45 plates on each side he has a 45, 35, and a 10. At first look though i saw a 45 and a 25 which is what i think Max saw too.

What would you be calling BS on? I'm not naming myself the King of Scotland or anything, I don't see how anything I said could even be questioned as unreal.

• 2 weeks later...

A little update, made my highlight video a little more "flashy". No new plays, since I only have 2 games, but I made the title screens look more professional. Also, starting to mail letters and this video to college coaches, hoping to get noticed a bit. I decided to go to this camp in FL called Down N' Dirty Lineman Camp. I also got invited to this camp called IMG Madden Football Academy. I figure after coming off of a season-ending injury my junior season, camps are my best shot at getting noticed. Although I would play a different position in college, I figured that I'm just going to play NT this spring and also my senior season. I want to add on some size, and the other day I squatted 225 10 times. Not a lot at all, but it means that I'm improving since my surgery. Back on topic, I think that I can get noticed at the camp. I shine in double team drills, and since they have position-specific drills, I'm assuming double team is one of them. There will be just 10 DL attending, and the coaches write evaluations on each individual player. It's really hard trying to get noticed, since going into my senior season, I have no film, I'm coming off of a torn ACL/MCL, and I have no idea what position I could play in college. If I can get faster, I might consider DE at a smaller school. Nonetheless, I will continue to work hard, and seek help from my coaches on how to get recruited. A UCF recruiter walked in the other day, and I was killing it in the weightroom with him standing right in front of me, but I don't know if he saw me. For the few who care, I'll keep you guys updated, and wish me luck during my spring game on the 28th.

What would you be calling BS on? I'm not naming myself the King of Scotland or anything, I don't see how anything I said could even be questioned as unreal.

I did a number on my ACL in high school, and the school made sure I got to every class on time, I can't believe the broken elevator thingy to be honest

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, just thought I'd update this. Found a great site for football players looking to get recruited called NCSA. Basically, they schedule you a free evaluation with a scout in your area, and if they think you have a good chance of getting into college, they will open their services to you.

After I talked with the scout, he gave me a lot of great tips, and told me after watching my video that I might not go D1, but I can definitely play college football somewhere, so that was great news. He just told me to get lower when firing off the ball, and to take the weightlifting video off, saying that college coaches will take my word for it.

Another thing you do is they make you a highlight video. I just had my spring game yesterday, and once I get the film, I'll list all my plays I think are highlight worthy, and I send the videos and list to them. They then look at each of those plays, and filter out the ones that would hurt my chances and take them off the video. The ones that they keep, they actually professionally highlight me every play, so college coaches know exactly where I am.

As for my actual game performance, I played decently. My matchup was big (around 6'7") and pretty tough, but overall, he had no tackles and I got the best of him. I had a couple of pancakes on the offensive side at LG and a lot of crackbacks, and my pass blocking was flawless. On the defensive side, I only got 1 tackle at DT (assisted) since they always ran to the outside with options and was crackbacked about 4 times cause they wanted revenge against me for cracking them, since they always ran to the outside with options. However, that NCSA site has a highlight film guide showing some things coaches look for in highlight films, and I think I had some highlight worthy plays. I defeated my block many times, and I broke through a couple of double teams. But, the best play of the game for me was when we were up 2-0 with 2 minutes left in the half and I recovered a fumble on the 20 yard line when they were about to score.

Overall, I played pretty decently and I think I got the best of my matchups on both sides of the ball. It wasn't my best game ever, but I think I had some pretty good plays that can only add to my highlight film.

LOL, Injury preventing him from getting on an elevator and getting to class.:face:

EDIT: I will say, I think he has a better chance being a film or production major. If he was the one who put the tape together.

The olympic bar itself is 45 lb. . It's a legit 225 Max.

Yes I know, all I bench is the bar so I am well aware that it weighs 45lbs, lol.

i saw what Max saw at first but then i took a second look at it. Instead of two 45 plates on each side he has a 45, 35, and a 10. At first look though i saw a 45 and a 25 which is what i think Max saw too.

Thanks...that is why I thought it was 185. Thought it was 2 x 45 and 2 x 25 plus bar.

LOL, Injury preventing him from getting on an elevator and getting to class.:face:

EDIT: I will say, I think he has a better chance being a film or production major. If he was the one who put the tape together.

The injury didn't prevent from getting on an elevator you retard, if you actually knew what you were talking about, I said the elevator was broken....I would love to see you go up 3 flights of stairs on crutches.

Archived