2010 NBA Playoffs Thread (AKA..the 2010 Magic Revenge Tour)

InstantClassic

1st Round Predictions?

Bulls - Would love to see this

Bucks - Nice young team..BJen and Salmons

Heat - Celtics are a shell of their former self

Magic - Cats will be tough..the Magic remain focused

Nuggets - I like this match up

Thunder - Motivated Durant..sliding Lakers

Spurs - Experience

Suns - Brandon Roy's absence makes me go with PHX

1st Round Predictions?

Bulls - Would love to see this

Bucks - Nice young team..BJen and Salmons

Heat - Celtics are a shell of their former self

Magic - Cats will be tough..the Magic remain focused

Nuggets - I like this match up

Thunder - Motivated Durant..sliding Lakers

Spurs - Experience

Suns - Brandon Roy's absence makes me go with PHX

If your predictions came true, this would be the worst playoffs in NBA history. Scratch that, this would be the worst playoffs in SPORTS history.

I hope Miami loses in 7, not a fan of the Celtics, but I HATE the Heat.

These are fans of the Dolphins and Pats. I want both of them to lose, but I rather see Boston lose in the 1st round.

Good post, even though you're a Laker hater. :)

These are fans of the Dolphins and Pats. I want both of them to lose, but I rather see Boston lose in the 1st round.

Good post, even though you're a Laker hater. :)

You're assuming Heat fans are Dolphins fans and Celtics fans are Patriots fans, but then you somewhat imply you are a Lakers fan. I don't get it. Shouldn't a Jets fan be a Nets or Knicks fan according to your logic?

You're assuming Heat fans are Dolphins fans and Celtics fans are Patriots fans, but then you somewhat imply you are a Lakers fan. I don't get it. Shouldn't a Jets fan be a Nets or Knicks fan according to your logic?

I hope I made my statements clear, but I guess not. What I meant was most Miami Dolphin fans are Miami Heat fans, and most New England Pats* fans are Boston Celtics fans.

Clear?

I hope I made my statements clear, but I guess not. What I meant was most Miami Dolphin fans are Miami Heat fans, and most New England Pats* fans are Boston Celtics fans.

Clear?

That part was well understood. I thought I made that clear.

The part I am wondering about is how a Jets fan can be a Lakers fan according to the Patriots/Celtics and Dolphins/Heat logic.

That part was well understood. I thought I made that clear.

The part I am wondering about is how a Jets fan can be a Lakers fan according to the Patriots/Celtics and Dolphins/Heat logic.

Maybe the fan was born in Los Angeles? And/or has a family that loves the Lakers and started liking them as a little boy?

Hmm..

• 2 weeks later...
It's happening..the Bucks are going to advance and the Magic will sweep again.

Seeing the Bucks and Lakers play is just unbearable. If Walsh does not sign LeBron, he should be fired outright.

How on F--ing earth does he not draft Jennings? Andrew Bynum was bypassed by Isaiah, so I cannot blame Walsh for that error - but not getting Jennings after working him out twice?!?!!? WTF??

They would have had a great PG and Center combination of young talent for the next 10-12 years on which to build and add more talent such as LeBron, Dwayne W, etc.

At least my Islanders are headed in the right direction - you just KNOW that the only FA signing the Knicks will make is Bosh, who will never win crap with them. McGrady will leave obviously, and sign elsewhere - so with Bosh and a roster of garbage who Walsh will have to scramble for to fill the 12 bodies needed, where will they be next year?

Its obvious what's going to happen: Dwayne and LeBron will re-sign with their respective teams, and that will force the Knicks to have to overpay Bosh so that they can claim "it was worth it" to clear the whole roster out...just such an unbelievably poorly-managed team... :bag:

Seeing the Bucks and Lakers play is just unbearable. If Walsh does not sign LeBron, he should be fired outright.

How on F--ing earth does he not draft Jennings? Andrew Bynum was bypassed by Isaiah, so I cannot blame Walsh for that error - but not getting Jennings after working him out twice?!?!!? WTF??

They would have had a great PG and Center combination of young talent for the next 10-12 years on which to build and add more talent such as LeBron, Dwayne W, etc.

At least my Islanders are headed in the right direction - you just KNOW that the only FA signing the Knicks will make is Bosh, who will never win crap with them. McGrady will leave obviously, and sign elsewhere - so with Bosh and a roster of garbage who Walsh will have to scramble for to fill the 12 bodies needed, where will they be next year?

Its obvious what's going to happen: Dwayne and LeBron will re-sign with their respective teams, and that will force the Knicks to have to overpay Bosh so that they can claim "it was worth it" to clear the whole roster out...just such an unbelievably poorly-managed team... :bag:

Knicks will over pay for Joe Johnson and Amare Stoudemire, book it.

Anyone who bets on the NBA needs their head examined.

Tim Donaghy, a former NBA2_bing.gif referee and author of Personal Fouls, talked about Danny Crawford and his record officiating the Mavericks and how referees see Mavericks owner Mark Cuban.

Donaghy says Crawford's record officiating games with the Mavericks is suspect and that Cuban still makes the Mavericks a target.

Danny and Joey Crawford have been crooked for years. Donaghy was just the fall guy.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu1Wz5JQEz8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu1Wz5JQEz8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• 2 weeks later...
You mean like we did in the Finals and won? Hmm.. Okay.

Are you seriously going to use the past to make an argument?

No one cares what the Lakers did last season. I'm certainly not rooting for my team in 2008-09..are you? Do you use the 1969 Jets team as a reference when discussing how the Jets are doing this year?

That argument would be just as lame as the one you tried to make. 2008-09 Magic are a far different team from the one currently playing my friend.

14 straight wins. 8-0 postseason. Haven't lost a game since April 2nd. 27-3 in the last 30 games..yes, 27-3. 18 of those victories against playoff teams. +101 point differential is the highest in NBA history for 4 playoff games in a series. Hottest team in the NBA with no signs of slowing down. Healthy Jameer Nelson.

The Lakers needed 6 games to beat an 8 seed..and you want to talk trash?

I HOPE and PRAY the Lakers make it back to the Finals..sweet redemption.

Are you seriously going to use the past to make an argument?

No one cares what the Lakers did last season. I'm certainly not rooting for my team in 2008-09..are you? Do you use the 1969 Jets team as a reference when discussing how the Jets are doing this year?

That argument would be just as lame as the one you tried to make. 2008-09 Magic are a far different team from the one currently playing my friend.

14 straight wins. 8-0 postseason. Haven't lost a game since April 2nd. 27-3 in the last 30 games..yes, 27-3. 18 of those victories against playoff teams. +101 point differential is the highest in NBA history for 4 playoff games in a series. Hottest team in the NBA with no signs of slowing down. Healthy Jameer Nelson.

The Lakers needed 6 games to beat an 8 seed..and you want to talk trash?

I HOPE and PRAY the Lakers make it back to the Finals..sweet redemption.

Are you ****ing serious? Judging teams by their seed is dead by now. It's over. Thunder is a team to take serious next year. I picture them being in the Western Championship if they can get a big man.

On your stats about Orlando. They beat the Heat and the Hawks. Two teams that had absolutely no chance to beat Orlando. None.

Add an extra defender (Barnes) for the rapist..Vince Carter and a healthy Jameer Nelson and it's a whole new ball game this postseason.

That 'rapiest' has more rings than the entire Orlando Magic organization.

Are you ****ing serious? Judging teams by their seed is dead by now. It's over. Thunder is a team to take serious next year. I picture them being in the Western Championship if they can get a big man.

On your stats about Orlando. They beat the Heat and the Hawks. Two teams that had absolutely no chance to beat Orlando. None.

Please re-read post. If you know how to read.

The Heat were beat in 5 games by Boston. Try again.

Archived