What has Rex Ryan proven???

Barton

I'll start out by saying this - I really like Rex Ryan. He's great with the defense.

But last year was still Mangini's guys (high character).

Rex is bringing in his guys now (braylon, cro, holmes, LT) etc. Some of these guys are distraction types.

Rex hasnt proven he can handle a lockerroom. Sorry but he has not. Even last year guys were mouthing off.

This is such a big year for him. If this team does not make the playoffs, it all falls on Ryan being unable to lead the team. Because YOU KNOW there will be issues to deal with.

I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt, he deserves it. But I just think its funny how most Jets fans are just assuming Rex can take on all these moron players and turn them into team guys. When has he ever done that?

Rex had a lot of characters when he was the D-coordinator in Baltimore, I think he know's how to handle/motivate them......I hope.

The mouthing off part is not going to change.....that's how he runs his locker room, you're free to say whatever the hell you want. Hell, he says off the wall things too, teams take the personality of their coaches.

I'll start out by saying this - I really like Rex Ryan. He's great with the defense.

Rex is bringing in his guys now (braylon, cro, holmes, LT) etc. Some of these guys are distraction types.

Rex hasnt proven he can handle a lockerroom. Sorry but he has not. Even last year guys were mouthing off.

This is such a big year for him. If this team does not make the playoffs, it all falls on Ryan being unable to lead the team. Because YOU KNOW there will be issues to deal with.

I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt, he deserves it. But I just think its funny how most Jets fans are just assuming Rex can take on all these moron players and turn them into team guys. When has he ever done that?

Barton, let me change this around to, would you rather not have him?

Rex is the perfect coach for those guys. Perfect.

Players LOVE Him. He talks smack, he encourages his guys to talk smack. I think a large part of the reason we're going after these guys is because they fit in with what Rex is doing. They may have issues but none of them, like Rex are short in confidence. They'll all let you know that too.

Mangini was a 1 and done in the playoffs and he COMPLETELY revamped the team, totally changed their defense so that some good players became irrelevant and had to be traded away for peanuts, etc.

REX got us into the AFC championship in year 1 with a rookie QB. 2-1 in the playoffs compared to Mangini's 0-1 in their respective first years. REX brought a new defense but isn't asking to completely junk all of the personnel. Shouldn't he be given at least some leeway as to who he brings in? First year coaches always get this respect, and REX is no "average" 1st year coach!

Disagree. We added Scott, Leonard, Douglass and others. We added a rookie QB. Rex Ryan was able to win as many games with a rookie QB as Mangini could win with a proven HOF QB. For those who say the HOF QB was washed up, see 2009. He also brought in Edwards mid season and kept the locker room together without issue.

Edwards has been here already, and I don't believe the others are distraction types.

I couldn't disagree more. RYAN PROVED WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT that he can handle a locker room. In the beginning/middle of the season, his offense was doing nothing and you did NOT SEE finger pointing. His offense lost games for them but you didn't see unit v unit fighting.

Last season, come playoff time is when he did it last. I don't believe we have all moron players, but to make it to the afc championship game with a rook at QB, and almost no offensive weapons speaks volumes.

Rex is the perfect coach for those guys. Perfect.

Players LOVE Him. He talks smack, he encourages his guys to talk smack. I think a large part of the reason we're going after these guys is because they fit in with what Rex is doing. They may have issues but none of them, like Rex are short in confidence. They'll all let you know that too.

Fine line between confidence and c0cky. C0cky teams lose.

And I saw Rex's defense sh#t the bed in big spots plenty of times last year. Alot of good that smack talk did then huh.

Jets were lucky to make the playoffs, lets not forget that......

Rex is far from a finished product as a Head Coach, thats all i'm trying to say.

Fine line between confidence and c0cky. C0cky teams lose.

And I saw Rex's defense sh#t the bed in big spots plenty of times last year. Alot of good that smack talk did then huh.

Jets were lucky to make the playoffs, lets not forget that......

Rex is far from a finished product as a Head Coach, thats all i'm trying to say.

Can't argue there, but no one is crowning him.

That is true, I did say that. And I was proven right.

Our run defense was better, but not because Jenkins went out. Other players just stepped up their game, Pouha considerably. There were many times though that we could not get a stop in the run game to save our lives because we didn't have Jenkins. You just got lucky.

Rex has proven that he can keep the players happy and enjoying football. Mangini couldn't.

Rex has proven that he can get the team to pull themselves together and work their way out of a slump. Mangini couldn't.

Rex led the team to playoff wins. Mangini didn't.

Our run defense was better, but not because Jenkins went out. Other players just stepped up their game, Pouha considerably. There were many times though that we could not get a stop in the run game to save our lives because we didn't have Jenkins. You just got lucky.

The loss of Jenkins FORCED the other players to step up, just like I said was gonna happen. Dont give me any credit for that, ok lol.

Rex has proved he could talk shiit and back it up. I would say the fact that everyone mentions they want to play for the Jets says alot. Now he is here we don;t have to overpay for free agents, they would do anything to play here. He has proven that he can take a team within 30 minutes of the Superbowl with a rookie QB, and with a franchise history of tearing the hearts out of fans. All in his first year. What more could you want Barton? I believe in Rex and you should too.

Not for nothing, and I like Rex a whole ton more that either of the last two boobs, but both Mangini and Herm received the same kind of accolades early in their career. Mangini in particular. This all seems like deja vu

Rex usually wins over the majority of the locker room. So if there ever is a few meat heads they are over shadowed by his minions/ followers. Which means Rex has a hold of the locker room and pretty much any locker room he's in.

Abram Elam was a high character guy? He went to trial on rape charges and the jury let him walk because the woman admitted she took her tampon out before the sex act and the jurors didn't think a rape victim would do that.

And if Rex can't win with low character guys then how did he win with Murderay Lewis?

Sanchez was Mangini's? Edwards was Mangini's? Bart Scott? Jim Leonhard? The defensive gameplan?

Sorry but this thread is a fail.

Not for nothing, and I like Rex a whole ton more that either of the last two boobs, but both Mangini and Herm received the same kind of accolades early in their career. Mangini in particular. This all seems like deja vu

Actually it doesn't at all because neither of those dip****s could win in the playoffs.

I understand the comparison, but the BIG difference is that Rex is actually good at coaching a unit.

Rex has proven to be the real deal as DC. The jury is still out on being real deal HC, but you can't question his defensive coaching ability.

Herm never coached a unit before and Mangini was a failure as a DC.

Actually it doesn't at all because neither of those dip****s could win in the playoffs.

Uhm, Herm won 2 playoff games with the Jets (1 on the road).

Also, while I think Herm was a buffoon, 2001 was the ONLY of his 5 yrs as a HC with the Jets that he had a healthy QB for the entire year.

I understand the comparison, but the BIG difference is that Rex is actually good at coaching a unit.

Rex has proven to be the real deal as DC. The jury is still out on being real deal HC, but you can't question his defensive coaching ability.

Herm never coached a unit before and Mangini was a failure as a DC.

Absolutely.. which is why i like him better.. I'm sure you remember i was never a mangini fan..

I'm a big fan of rex and his recent moves for WR's and QB's have proven to me that he doesn't naively believe that running game and stout defense wins a bunch of Championships..

I'm firmly in his corner.. but to act like it's impossible that he fails it just stoopid and tempting fate in ways i don't like

Absolutely.. which is why i like him better.. I'm sure you remember i was never a mangini fan..

I'm a big fan of rex and his recent moves for WR's and QB's have proven to me that he doesn't naively believe that running game and stout defense wins a bunch of Championships..

I'm firmly in his corner.. but to act like it's impossible that he fails it just stoopid and tempting fate in ways i don't like

I agree completely.

That's why I say the jury is still out on whether Rex is a good HC. Great DC. ??? as a HC.

This year will be the true barometer.

Neither Mangini nor Herm improved Year 2. Mangini's team fell off a cliff and Herm started 2-5 before Chad the Mysterious saved his ass. The mystery was solved by Oakland in the playoffs.

I agree completely.

That's why I say the jury is still out on whether Rex is a good HC. Great DC. ??? as a HC.

This year will be the true barometer.

Neither Mangini nor Herm improved Year 2. Mangini's team fell off a cliff and Herm started 2-5 before Chad the Mysterious saved his ass. The mystery was solved by Oakland in the playoffs.

True.. and this team is loaded..

If sanchez plays average he can dilfer his way to a title

Sounds like a Drama Queen ****tail.

2 parts Captain Obvious Rum + 1 part Sky is Falling Vodka + a splash of Peach Schnapps served over ice in a "sippy" cup.

:rolleyes:

Sounds like a Drama Queen ****tail.

2 parts Captain Obvious Rum + 1 part Sky is Falling Vodka + a splash of Peach Schnapps served over ice in a "sippy" cup.

:rolleyes:

is this some kind of ape drink i don't know about?

Archived