So we trade an MVP calibur reciever for an average reciever

GlennFoley

Did you watch Moss play here? Coles for now anyway has a QB who can get him the ball. He plays hard and makes plays. Moss still goes to the sideline. Fault Bradway for any number of things, but anyone who watched Moss here, when he deigned to grace us with his presence, has no problem with this trade.

I can't second guess the Moss deal at all. The only thing I can say is this, some guys respond to a coach who pats their ass constantly, some guys do not. Some guys need a kick in the ass. Ask Lavar Arrington just how tough Joe Gibbs is and you'll get an idea about why Moss is responding to a coach who is actually holding him accountable instead of kissing his balls all the way to the sideline.

I can't second guess the Moss deal at all. The only thing I can say is this, some guys respond to a coach who pats their a$$ constantly, some guys do not. Some guys need a kick in the a$$. Ask Lavar Arrington just how tough Joe Gibbs is and you'll get an idea about why Moss is responding to a coach who is actually holding him accountable instead of kissing his balls all the way to the sideline.

I was not in favor of trading Moss for the foot damaged Coles. With a QB that actually has a tight spiral, one must wonder what Moss would have done in NY with a real QB. This may end up being one of Badway's worst trades ever. I also concur that Hermy gets nada out of his skill positions.

By the way TS, did you see matt jones TD catch, when Jax gets away from its conservative play calling and Leftwich starts throwing this kid the ball, he will be the next TO.

If you think Moss is an MVP caliber receiver then you need to get into rehab asap.

Moss has had a QB with a weak arm his whole F'n career. Now he has a QB who can actually throw the ball, not a high school QB who floats everything, and you see the F'n results

Moss needs the ball in his hands quickly so he can use his legs to get the YAC, with Rotini he had no chance cause the defender was there with him waiting for baloon to fall.

Moss is a great receiver for a QB with an arm. Moss is horrible for Chad. When your QB can launch the ball to allow Moss to get under it in stride then he will be a great receiver. Just look at Steve Smith and Delhomme. Steve Smith would be useless on our team with Chad at the helm because he couldn't hit him deep. If Chad continues to be our QB (which mkes me puke at the thought honestly), then we need strong possesion type receivers. Coles fits that bill. McCareins fits that bill. Cotchery fits that bill. Don't bother with a burner if your QB has no ability to exploit those attributes.

Moss is a great receiver for a QB with an arm. Moss is horrible for Chad. When your QB can launch the ball to allow Moss to get under it in stride then he will be a great receiver. Just look at Steve Smith and Delhomme. Steve Smith would be useless on our team with Chad at the helm because he couldn't hit him deep. If Chad continues to be our QB (which mkes me puke at the thought honestly), then we need strong possesion type receivers. Coles fits that bill. McCareins fits that bill. Cotchery fits that bill. Don't bother with a burner if your QB has no ability to exploit those attributes.

Booz-- i concur that Moss was not utilized correctly due to Chad's inability to throw an NFL caliber pass.

I'm happy for Moss.

I believe Chad's career is over in NY, after all Herm will need another excuse if he survives it thru

this year.

So bottom line, we got rid of a Pro bowl WR, for a good WR who has a bad foot and is shadow of his former self

You can have the greatest possession receivers in the world and it won't do any good until at least 1 of them can stretch the field.

I won't sit here and tell you that I was against the Moss/Coles trade. But it did take away our only big play threats in the passing game and the kick return game. And until we get some genuine threat there our offense will continue to struggle. This team is virtually devoid of speed on offense. And it's going to take a long time to rectify that.

As an aside, has anyone besides me wondered what the heck is going on with Heimerdinger? I think he's the biggest disappointment of the season so far.

And until we get some genuine threat there our offense will continue to struggle. This team is virtually devoid of speed on offense.

Think deeper bro. Chad Pennington is the problem, not the receivers.

No offense will be successful when your QB has the arm strength of a HS QB, is making bad decisions and is injury prone.

What a disaster.... Boobway should realize what he has... Coles is a glorified #2 reciever with a bad contract.... We got shafted...

If you look at the big picture, this would have been Santanas last year with the Jets anyway.

Lets for a second assume he was having this type of year in green and white there would be no way our organization would or should shell out the money this guy would have wanted at the end of the year from us.

It wasn't a mistake at all this guy sucked with the Jets and I'm happy he's doing well elsewhere. In retrospect you can look back and say this was a bad decision but like the decisions we all make on a day to day basis (soup or salad) we often wish we could change our decisions after the fact but life doesn't work like that for some odd reason.

Archived