Osi Available for the Right Price...

oxscott

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=171543&id=975

left_corner_player_news.gifNYG.gif Osi Umenyiora-DL- GiantsApr. 18 - 9:44 am et right_corner_player_news.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifThe Giants will reportedly be willing to shop Osi Umenyiora on draft day if they select Jason Pierre-Paul with the 15th overall pick.

Umenyiora "can be had for the right price," according to Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post. Though Umenyiora is coming off a poor season, he is due manageable money over the life of his contract and could probably use a change of scenery. He may also be available for as little as a mid-round pick.

Source: National Football Post

Related: Jason Pierre-Paul

this comes up again - G men are not happy w/ Osi - this would give us a highly capable, highly motivated edge rusher - interesting one to keep an eye on near draft day...

The jints won't be interested in trading him to the Jets, and going to the Jets hardly represents a change of scenery. As others have mentioned, he'd have to be up for the move to OLB, too.

The jints won't be interested in trading him to the Jets, and going to the Jets hardly represents a change of scenery. As others have mentioned, he'd have to be up for the move to OLB, too.

The "change of scenery" refers to the Giants locker room/organization, not physical location. I don't think he dislikes Jersey so much as he needs a different team.

The "change of scenery" refers to the Giants locker room/organization, not physical location. I don't think he dislikes Jersey so much as he needs a different team.

Well he should!

But that aside, there's a psychological component to a "change of scenery" that isn't served when you're living in the same place, playing in the same place.

And really, I just don't see the jints trading him to the Jets for fear that he'll have his best years ever under Rex. They don't need that kind of press.

The Jets would be stupid to NOT make this trade for a mid-rounder.

I bet Tanny's on the phone right now! If Osi is available for a 4th he'll be a Jet. I'll take Osi over Adailius or Jayson.

And for the people saying that Osi is too small I hear and understand, but seriously...this is football. at the end of the day you can be taught to play in the 3-4 and be successful.

Nice post, LittleBro. There must be some interest here on both sides, if you believed the trade rumors for Rhodes/Osi straight up a few months back. Agreed, he's too small but would be a pass rushing OLB like JT only better and younger. I fully expect for Osi to have a productive year, whether as a Giant or not. This is the second year following the injury, and this one will be the year to determine his production value moving forward. I think the Giants were looking for a scapegoat last year, and Osi was the easy target. But in reality, it was them being too quick to look for production following the injury. If they can repair the relationship, they should keep him, and would be foolish to let him go without seing this years production first.

My guess is he ends up reuinited with Spagnuolo in St. Louis for the first pick in the 4th round. They can afford to wait until Friday night to make that deal if they so choose, and it would be a better pick than the Jets or probably anyone else could or would be willing to offer.

Archived